Offline Host
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Season 23 Silly Season Thread

+18
FUEL
MrKyleBusch1
Persona40
RocketKnight
RedViperGaming
f1fan
AAllen22
BugattiNightRide
McBlair
FitzwaterAustralia59
Rovenami
Finnish909
Lightning Bringer
KleverProductions
NRacer96
MrKyleCollins
CJ Racing
day500champ1
22 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

SILLY - Season 23 Silly Season Thread Empty Season 23 Silly Season Thread

Post by day500champ1 February 21st 2017, 10:41 pm

Yeah, why not? And yep, I just did this.

day500champ1
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

SILLY - Season 23 Silly Season Thread Empty Re: Season 23 Silly Season Thread

Post by johnnyracer24 February 21st 2017, 11:55 pm

I (John Arndt) is unsure about next season. He is open to any offers and can be contacted through PM's on the forum (though not the easiest way to get messages), Discord, or other forms of social media (Twitter, Facebook, Reddit).
johnnyracer24
johnnyracer24
Veteran
Veteran

https://www.reddit.com/user/johnnyracer24/

Back to top Go down

Post by CJ Racing February 22nd 2017, 7:18 am

Chris Dodd, CJ Racing Press Conference

Chris Dodd(Owner of CJ Racing): "Ladies and Gentlemen... Thank you all for being here today... This is a very difficult decision to make ... As many of you know, I started CJ Racing back in S21, and while we have had our ups and downs, I have enjoyed every minute of it. Unfortunately, some things have happened over the last couple of months that made me realize some things, not only about myself, but about this team as a whole..."

Dodd: "...So after several weeks of thinking, praying, and pondering about it, I, Chris Dodd, am announcing that at the end of this current season, I will no longer be driving for my own team, CJ Racing. I believe that this choice is best for myself and and this team, and will help not only grow my career, but help the growth of this team for the future."

Dodd: "I also want to announce, that as of today, David Levin will permanently be in charge of this team, taking over as De-Facto Owner, President, and CEO of CJ Racing. Any future decisions for this team will be made by him, for as long as I continue racing in the OES. I wish him the best of success, and I know that he will do a great job for this team!"

Dodd: "God Bless you all, and I'll see you wherever He decides to take me. Thank you."
---------------------------------------------------

David Levin: "I want to thank Chris for giving me this opportunity, and I hope to make the best decisions for this team as I can. This is the beginning of a new era for CJ Racing, and one where we are hoping to see great growth."

Levin: "Future announcements will be coming very soon, and we are excited to get this Silly Season started!"
CJ Racing
CJ Racing
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

Back to top Go down

Post by Hsuorttocs February 22nd 2017, 6:32 pm

Team Flame Racing is looking at Chris Dodd as a possible driver for the 33 "We like the way he drives" says Jobe, "I think he has talent that nobody else has got." Team Flame Racing is expected to stay a BMW team next season. Jobe is also looking at getting Aidan Shepherd in the 30. Jek Porkins of Germany, however, is confirmed to drive the #29 Lockheed Martin BMW.
Hsuorttocs
Hsuorttocs
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

Back to top Go down

Post by MrKyleCollins February 22nd 2017, 6:40 pm

Unofficial Team Chart

Italicized - Rookie
Red - Last season
Green- Team Leader

Team Chart:

Last edited by MrKyleCollins on March 28th 2017, 6:56 pm; edited 33 times in total
MrKyleCollins
MrKyleCollins
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by day500champ1 February 22nd 2017, 7:01 pm

Griffin to run for Durbinsport next season, which is to be his last full-time season

Ryan Griffin, the season 11 OES champion, will run his last full-time season in OES in season 23.  Griffin had earlier this season announced that he would be leaving Silverspeed following season's end and after failing to qualify for the American 700 announced that season 23 would be his last full-time season in OES.

Season 23 will see Griffin partner up with Ike Durbin's race team.  Griffin and Durbin have a history in OES as well.  After winning the title in season 11, Griffin moved over to Red Bull racing which was primarily owned by Durbin in season 12.  In season 13 Griffin followed Durbin to the team that would evolve into Durbinsport.  

Griffin also announced that his retirement season would be a "salute to you", Griffin's way of paying back to his fans who have supported him through his time in the OES.

It is not known at this time which driver at Durbinsport Griffin will be replacing, if any. Durbinsport recently replace Ethan Moore with another one of their former drivers, Jeffery Finguy.

day500champ1
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by CJ Racing February 22nd 2017, 7:11 pm

CJ Racing Announces Major Changes for Season 23!

CJ Racing's new management have announced a series of major changes, including a new number(maybe 2), an announcement of all 3 driver slots being currently open(with Arndt offered a contract to re-sign), and(at least) one brand new sponso for the team. The only thing that is confirmed coming back from S22 is that Chevy will continue to be the manufacture for the team, however it has been announced that CJ Racing will be running a new model version, the Chevy Malibu.

CJ Racing S23 Roster(Chevy Malibu)
#???- TBA(TBA)
#35- TBA(Resse's)
#38- TBA(Peak)

CJ Racing will actively be looking for drivers to drive for them in S23.
CJ Racing
CJ Racing
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

Back to top Go down

Post by NRacer96 February 22nd 2017, 7:41 pm

Bobby Jones is looking for a ride
NRacer96
NRacer96
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by KleverProductions February 22nd 2017, 8:32 pm

Klever-Roush Racing looking to sign their team up!

A New team may join the fray as Klever-Roush racing is looking at a new team in the near future, the name of the team isn't officialized but they are looking for their chance at glory!

Team Owners: Kyle Basaglia, Scott Roush. Both own 50% of the team. Roush, however, will not be making any driver decisions but instead will help fund the team

#?? - TBA (Team Not Officialized)

Last edited by KleverProductions on February 22nd 2017, 8:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
KleverProductions
KleverProductions
Crew Chief
Crew Chief

Back to top Go down

Post by Lightning Bringer February 22nd 2017, 8:35 pm

Alexander Rowe is looking for a ride
Lightning Bringer
Lightning Bringer
Engineer
Engineer

Back to top Go down

Post by Finnish909 February 22nd 2017, 9:24 pm

Finguy-Psytomi Motorsport to Return with Ford yet again

No surprise here, but FPM will return to the grid, and with the now full on backing of Ford and them making their equipment again. FPM has made it clear they want a championship. They return with their numbers 97, 98, and 99. With most likely their sponsorship of Nokia, RoosterTeeth's Series RWBY, and NJPW's faction of outsiders, the Bullet Club. Same sponsors as the cars were on this season, for next season.

Jeffery Finguy will return to Durbinsport, for his entire career

Just announced. As fellow teammate next season and Michigander Ryan Griffin will finish up his career in the OES, Finguy has made it clear he wants to stay in the OES with Durbinsport, the team he loves.

Commenting on Griffin's choice to leave. Finguy only had one thing to say.
"Let's get him a thing he already has. But make it a double order and make it a 2x Champion for him. He's a guy I enjoy talking to and the driver pull of Durbinsport so far is one I love. I might actually be competitive again."
Finnish909
Finnish909
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post by johnnyracer24 February 22nd 2017, 9:47 pm

DAY ONE OF SILLY SEASON RUMORS:

@Day500champ1 started off the thread, and this is when it gets silly.

John Arndt announced that he has no idea what he's doing for the next season. He sort of wants to stay at CJ Racing, but he doesn't mind moving on. He stated he's open to DM's/PM's via Discord, Forum, Facebook, Twitter, and reddit, if you know where to find him.

Chris Dodd announced that he will be leaving CJ Racing and leaving David Levin in charge. He too is open to rides.

Team Flame has announced that Jek Porkins will be driving for the team in S23, whilst they're looking at Chris Dodd and Aidan Shepherd to join the team. They are also expected to stay with BMW.

Ryan Griffin has announced that S23 will be his last OES season. He is wanting to use this season as a farewell tour and a thank you tour to the fans.

CJ Racing announced that they have little clue about what they're wanting to do. They have reached out to re-sign John Arndt, but he is unsure what he wants to do. Time will tell on what their plan will be. They are expected to stay with Chevy, but upgrade to the Malibu.

Bobby Jones announced he is looking for a ride.

A new team possible? Klever-Roush Racing is looking to join the fray. It hasn't been fully approved to race, so no idea about numbers nor manufacturer. Time will tell. Kyle Basaglia and Scott Roush are expected to split the team evenly.

Baxter Motorsports is to be no more (at least in OES, the Lights on the other hand will, as Japanese Hayate Yamazaki (famous GT Driver) will be hoping to field a Toyota team named Yamazaki Autosports.

FPM announced that they will be obtaining more support from Ford in the coming season. Outside of that, no big changes.

Finguy also announced that he'll be with Durbinsport for the rest of his career.

This has been Day 1 of Silly Season updates.
johnnyracer24
johnnyracer24
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Rovenami February 22nd 2017, 9:54 pm

F&S to return with Marlone.
After what has been a disastrous S22 for the team, Marcus Freya remains confident with Marlone Motor Company.
"The few races we've qualified for so far, we've actually managed to make some decent results when it's not blowing up on the drivers." Freya said to news outlets.
It is expected to have Aidan Shepard to be signed on with the team, but unknown about the other two drivers.
Rovenami
Rovenami
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by FitzwaterAustralia59 February 22nd 2017, 9:58 pm

johnnyracer24 wrote:DAY ONE OF SILLY SEASON RUMORS:

@Day500champ1 started off the thread, and this is when it gets silly.

John Arndt announced that he has no idea what he's doing for the next season. He sort of wants to stay at CJ Racing, but he doesn't mind moving on. He stated he's open to DM's/PM's via Discord, Forum, Facebook, Twitter, and reddit, if you know where to find him.

Chris Dodd announced that he will be leaving CJ Racing and leaving David Levin in charge. He too is open to rides.

Team Flame has announced that Jek Porkins will be driving for the team in S23, whilst they're looking at Chris Dodd and Aidan Shepherd to join the team. They are also expected to stay with BMW.

Ryan Griffin has announced that S23 will be his last OES season. He is wanting to use this season as a farewell tour and a thank you tour to the fans.

CJ Racing announced that they have little clue about what they're wanting to do. They have reached out to re-sign John Arndt, but he is unsure what he wants to do. Time will tell on what their plan will be. They are expected to stay with Chevy, but upgrade to the Malibu.

Bobby Jones announced he is looking for a ride.

A new team possible? Klever-Roush Racing is looking to join the fray. It hasn't been fully approved to race, so no idea about numbers nor manufacturer. Time will tell. Kyle Basaglia and Scott Roush are expected to split the team evenly. I did not think it would get any crazier or bizarre

Baxter Motorsports is to be no more (at least in OES, the Lights on the other hand will, as Japanese Hayate Yamazaki (famous GT Driver) will be hoping to field a Toyota team named Yamazaki Autosports.

FPM announced that they will be obtaining more support from Ford in the coming season. Outside of that, no big changes.

Finguy also announced that he'll be with Durbinsport for the rest of his career.

This has been Day 1 of Silly Season updates.
FitzwaterAustralia59
FitzwaterAustralia59
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

Back to top Go down

Post by Hsuorttocs February 23rd 2017, 7:59 am

Jobe is now looking at John Arndt, hoping that Arndt could land at BMW. however while Jobe has said Arndt has "Unmatched talent" Jobe has also said that they would give Arndt the 25 if he ends up racing for Flame. Arndt, however, would have two sponsors, those being Aldi and Zaxby's.
Hsuorttocs
Hsuorttocs
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

Back to top Go down

Post by McBlair February 23rd 2017, 4:42 pm

Team NOPEA Finland and Koenigsegg will return in S23
After quite the successful start to S23, racking up 3 wins in 12 races, Team NOPEA Finland does in fact have all intentions to racing FT. Bringing in the numbers 37, 62, and 73. Drivers are still unconfirmed, rumour has it there is a chance Sean Angel won't be offered a contract renewal. But rumours aren't always true either.
McBlair
McBlair
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by BugattiNightRide February 24th 2017, 8:53 pm

Aidan Shepherd has announced his future in a press conference on Sunday in New York. "I've had an amazing time with F&S and it's been a great pleasure racing with them, but I do think it is time to move on. I might be with them for S23, but right now I am a free agent."

BugattiNightRide
BugattiNightRide
Race Winner
Race Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by Hsuorttocs February 24th 2017, 9:05 pm

Roush endorses Aidan Shepherd for any open spots saying that Aidan is a really good driver if you give him the right car
Hsuorttocs
Hsuorttocs
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

Back to top Go down

Post by FitzwaterAustralia59 February 24th 2017, 9:50 pm

Zachary Fitzwater Sr will likely resign with Petronas if Petronas returns
FitzwaterAustralia59
FitzwaterAustralia59
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

Back to top Go down

Post by Finnish909 February 24th 2017, 10:38 pm

Kyle Shock Jr. for Silverspeed?

Ever since Griffin has made the move to Durbinsport the last season of his career, Shock Jr. was in rumor talks of taking up the mantle of driving the Dodges of Silverspeed. Now this isn't the first time he has drove Dodges for OES, his first start was in a Dodge for Pure Michigan. So, will it be in the future for Jr.?
Finnish909
Finnish909
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post by Finnish909 February 25th 2017, 2:06 pm

(These announcements come from Baskinger himself, just helping him out)

Jake Baskinger is Looking Around

The driver of the #14, Baskinger is rumored to be in talks with teams like Durbinsport, Porsche, and even Finguy-Psytomi. It still is unclear right now where Jake will go, but those three options are the most likely of options.

Red Bull to Likely Stay the Same

Van Der Pesch, Vincent Allen, and Shelton are welcomed back to ride for Red Bull next season. But they can accept or deny the offer. It's uncertain if they will join back or not
Finnish909
Finnish909
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post by AAllen22 February 25th 2017, 11:15 pm

Vincent Allen wishes to stay with Red Bull

Vincent Allen has announced that he wishes to stay with Red Bull for next season if they will have him back.

Alex Allen announces that D&C will be the team he retires with.

Alex Allen has stated that if he had to leave D&C, he would retire , stating: "Since I am so old, being 43 years old, my career could end in possibly the next 5 or so years. I don't want to keep team hopping in those years. And D&C has been the team I have defined my career with. So, if they needed me to step away, I would go ahead and retire."

AAllen22
Crew Chief
Crew Chief

Back to top Go down

Post by f1fan March 5th 2017, 3:32 pm

D&C looking to bring back Collins and Allen

Francois Dominier has recently announced it's intentions on bringing back points leader Kyle Collins and Alex Allen. However, Charles Sandfer may end up having to find a new ride somewhere else. Alex Allen and Kyle Collins could lead a super-team around D&C next season. Sandfer however is expected to be one of the hottest commodities on the market next season, if in fact his contract isn't renewed by D&C. CJ Racing and BFM are both possibilities for Sandfer!
f1fan
f1fan
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by johnnyracer24 March 5th 2017, 8:48 pm

MAKING IT OFFICIAL

After weeks of thinking about it, John Arndt has made the decision to most likely not come back to CJ Racing for S23. After being one of the best rookies in S21, John was hoping to continue that in S22, but that has not happened as week after week of mediocre runs.

"I would like to thank Chris Dodd for pushing me to this team. It has been a blast working with my friend and being able to run my Chicken-Mobile. I have learned, though. I am ready for what comes next."

It has been reported that John has been approached by CFA, Team Flame, CJ Racing (as a fall back), and a handful of others. He's still hoping for a few others and may approach team owners. He looks forward to S23 because it may be another breakout season for the young Texan.
johnnyracer24
johnnyracer24
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by RedViperGaming March 5th 2017, 11:30 pm

Checkered Flag Autosports Likley to Attempt to Resign Phadkar
The 22nd Season of the Orion Elite Series isn't going well for the 2nd year team but they are looking forward to the 23rd Season as They are switcing to Lambo as rumored. Although other rumors have said to have CFA possibly moving to Lexus? Who knows? But Etisham Phadkar is being offered a Contract. As well as a possible deal with driver John Arnd in the #31.
RedViperGaming
RedViperGaming
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next