Offline Host
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Season 23 Silly Season Thread

+18
FUEL
MrKyleBusch1
Persona40
RocketKnight
RedViperGaming
f1fan
AAllen22
BugattiNightRide
McBlair
FitzwaterAustralia59
Rovenami
Finnish909
Lightning Bringer
KleverProductions
NRacer96
MrKyleCollins
CJ Racing
day500champ1
22 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

SILLY - Season 23 Silly Season Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Season 23 Silly Season Thread

Post by MrKyleCollins March 6th 2017, 6:04 am

BFM decisions up in the air
With basically two open spots, and no idea who to give them to, Johnson Freeman is really getting his scouting grind on. There's so many options for him, he's always loved bringing on young rookies, never before signing a driver under age 25. But he's open to anyone, and I mean anyone. Could be somebody who's proven himself to be one hell of a wheelsman like John Arndt to someone who hasn't quite done so like Blaze McKinney. He'll be open to offers throughout the silly season.

Collins back to D&C
Starting this silly season, it will have been 2 years since it was announced Collins wasn't dead. He then went from leaving the series in the worst car on the field, to being the hottest free agent on the market. D&C then picked him up. Come S22, he's so far be slowly putting together one of the best Elites seasons in a while. Continuously growing his already massive points lead. It could be stopped at any time due to bad luck, but this has gotten him to sign back to D&C once more.
MrKyleCollins
MrKyleCollins
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

SILLY - Season 23 Silly Season Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Season 23 Silly Season Thread

Post by CJ Racing March 6th 2017, 10:53 am

CJ Racing Beginning to Lock in on Driver Signings?
After it was announced earlier this week that John Arndt would not be returning to CJ Racing, there has been a lot of rumors going around on what direction the new management at CJ Racing would go in terms of driver signings. However, it seems that they may be finally starting to figure it out, with CJ Racing offering their first official contract to Adian Shepherd, the young 2nd-year driver. They are looking at several other options, including possibly re-signing Toumas Sarrinen, or taking a flyer at someone like Luca Fontana. Whatever the case, at the very least it looks like CJ Racing's new management is finally starting to get things moving in the right direction.
CJ Racing
CJ Racing
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

Back to top Go down

Post by f1fan March 6th 2017, 3:01 pm

OOC: I am going to implement a new rule... Unless I have talked to you. I am not going to allow people 2nd driver slots until everyone gets one. The only real exception is Noah, if he wants back in and myself because we have two top tier drivers!
f1fan
f1fan
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MrKyleCollins March 6th 2017, 3:42 pm

f1fan wrote:OOC: I am going to implement a new rule... Unless I have talked to you. I am not going to allow people 2nd driver slots until everyone gets one. The only real exception is Noah, if he wants back in and myself because we have two top tier drivers!
OCC: Depending on how many ppl sign up, one of my ideas may've just been thrown out the window... Lol xD
MrKyleCollins
MrKyleCollins
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Lightning Bringer March 6th 2017, 5:07 pm

Do I need to give my driver a background in my post?
Lightning Bringer
Lightning Bringer
Engineer
Engineer

Back to top Go down

Post by Hsuorttocs March 6th 2017, 5:12 pm

Jek Porkins reveals he was actually using Jek as an Alias, Jek's real name is Alan Eberhard from Reno, Nevada
Hsuorttocs
Hsuorttocs
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

Back to top Go down

Post by Hsuorttocs March 6th 2017, 5:15 pm

Lightning Bringer wrote:Do I need to give my driver a background in my post?
As much as you feel is needed
Hsuorttocs
Hsuorttocs
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

Back to top Go down

Post by Lightning Bringer March 6th 2017, 5:24 pm

Driver: Alexander Rowe
Background:2 time premier series Campion in Indy Car, 10 time premier series winner in Indy Car
Nationality: American
Lightning Bringer
Lightning Bringer
Engineer
Engineer

Back to top Go down

Post by f1fan March 8th 2017, 9:38 pm

Season 23 schedule (Work in Progress)

1. Round of Florida @ Daytona
2. Round of Georgia @ Road Atlanta 
3. Round of North Carolina @ Charlotte Motor Speedway
4. TBA
5. Round of Great Britain @ TBA
6. Round of Germany @ Eurospeedway 
7. TBA
8. TBA
9. Round of Belgium @ St. Pierre 
10. Round of Michigan @ Flint Autodrome 
11. The 12th Running of the American 700
12. Round of Ohio @ TBA
13. TBA
14. Round of Indiana @ Indianapolis Motor Speedway
15. Round of New Hampshire @ NHIS
16. Round of South Carolina @ Darlington
17. Round of Arizona @ Phoenix 
18. Round of California @ TBA
19. Round of Japan @ Twin Ring Motegi
20. Round of the Philippines @ Batangas 
21. Round of Queensland @ Surfers Paradise 
22. Round of Victoria @ Calder Park
23. Round of Western Australia @ Barbagallo
24. Round of New Zealand @ TBA
25. Round of Brazil @ Rio
26. Round of Mexico @ Mexico City Oval
27. Round of Illinois @ Joliet (Chicagoland)
28. Round of Texas @ Texas World Speedway
29. Round of the Xbalto Islands @ Yabanda Peak
30. Round of Amaria @ Port Skyline International Raceway

Last edited by f1fan on March 22nd 2017, 8:34 pm; edited 5 times in total
f1fan
f1fan
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by johnnyracer24 March 8th 2017, 10:27 pm

Wooooo! I get to go closer to home!
johnnyracer24
johnnyracer24
Veteran
Veteran

https://www.reddit.com/user/johnnyracer24/

Back to top Go down

Post by MrKyleCollins March 9th 2017, 4:41 pm

Hoping Nova Scotia will make the cut again!
MrKyleCollins
MrKyleCollins
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by CJ Racing March 9th 2017, 4:51 pm

CJ Racing, Etishiam Phadkar Agree to Deal for Season 23
After it was released that Checkered Flag Autosports would not have an entry for Season 23, it left one driver out of a ride: Etisham Phadkar. But after some talks between CJ Racing, CFA, and Phadkar, it was announced that Phadkar would be instead joining CJ Racing.

David Levin(President/CEO of CJ Racing): "After we were made aware of the unfortunate announcement that CFA would not be returning to the OES next season, we have been in close contact with CFA about Etisham, and were blown away by his story of how he came up through the ARCSOA ranks, and the road he traveled to get to where he is in the OES today. His story has inspired us, to continue pursuing our goals and dreams, and to always looking forward to our next objective, no matter how long the odds may be."

"We believe that Phadkar can help be a part of us reaching that next objective, which is why CJ Racing has signed him and his sponsor Ufone for Season 23, in the #25 Ufone Chevy. We are very excited to bring him on board for next season!"

So with that. CJ Racing has locked down 1 driver, and has confirmed to have offered a ride to Adian Shepherd. As for the 3rd and final spot, there has not been any confirmed news, but it is rumored that CJ Racing is looking closely at several drivers, including Luca Fontana, Toumas Sarrinen, and possibly Charles Sandfer if his contract is not extended at D&C.

Current CJ Racing S23 Roster
#5- TBA(Reese's)
#15- TBA(Peak)
#25- Etisham Phadkar(Ufone)
CJ Racing
CJ Racing
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

Back to top Go down

Post by RocketKnight March 11th 2017, 4:22 pm

Nathan McKane intends to return with Porsche if they want him back. If not, he is still interested in running.

Mifune Sanjuro is expected to be a free agent, as FPM has considered releasing him (I think).

Nico Pulyakov intends to make a return to the series. He won a race with Mentervini if I'm remembering correctly...
RocketKnight
RocketKnight
Engineer
Engineer

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1KcUD6K1U0Rms5Z963BmOQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Persona40 March 12th 2017, 4:18 pm

!

Last edited by Persona40 on March 12th 2017, 4:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Persona40
Persona40
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Finnish909 March 12th 2017, 4:46 pm

Sean Angel is coming to FPM come Season 23

Before the Round of Cleveland is set to begin, Sean Angel the Canadian has agreed to join in with FPM come Season 23. The signing brings an interesting thing that has came up. 'No one is safe at Finguy-Psytomi'. Sean Angel will come aboard in the 99 machine, becoming the now fourth driver to have the 99 on the side and roof. There is high hopes this season will be benifitual for FPM talent wise. FPM is a 'driver team'. So who knows who will come aboard. Safe to say, if someone on the current team, (Sanjaro, Gurion, or Vernier) can do something to keep their jobs, they will be oust by the end of the year.
Finnish909
Finnish909
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post by FitzwaterAustralia59 March 12th 2017, 8:46 pm

Finnish909 wrote:Sean Angel is coming to FPM come Season 23

Before the Round of Cleveland is set to begin, Sean Angel the Canadian has agreed to join in with FPM come Season 23. The signing brings an interesting thing that has came up. 'No one is safe at Finguy-Psytomi'. Sean Angel will come aboard in the 99 machine, becoming the now fourth driver to have the 99 on the side and roof. There is high hopes this season will be benifitual for FPM talent wise. FPM is a 'driver team'. So who knows who will come aboard. Safe to say, if someone on the current team, (Sanjaro, Gurion, or Vernier) can do something to keep their jobs, they will be oust by the end of the year.
That's a surprise
FitzwaterAustralia59
FitzwaterAustralia59
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

Back to top Go down

Post by MrKyleBusch1 March 13th 2017, 5:07 pm

Jake Baskinger still looking for a ride and we can confirm that Allen is coming back to Red Bull.  We are still waiting on Van Der Pesch and Shelton on their decisions.

I am still looking at the vacant rides at D&C, DurbinSport, Finguy-Psytomi, and Porsche.
MrKyleBusch1
MrKyleBusch1
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by MrKyleBusch1 March 13th 2017, 5:10 pm

Luca Fontana is looking at a decent ride again
MrKyleBusch1
MrKyleBusch1
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by McBlair March 16th 2017, 3:05 pm

Team NOPEA Finland completes S23
Indy isn't even done yet, but the S22 breakout team has already completed their S23 roster. Pekkanen already released the notice that they were re-signing drivers Roman Rehall and Tyler Thaber whom both won their first career races with the team this season. But they released Sean Angel, which some considered a stupid move. But the driver that will be taking his spot on the team is none other than DJ Kurtis.

#37 - Roman Rehall - The Chainsmokers
#62 - DJ Kurtis - TBD
#73 - Tyler Thaber
McBlair
McBlair
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Rovenami March 16th 2017, 7:42 pm

Freya and Saito opens driver interviews for Season 23
With Shepard possibly leaving F&S, Tauger remaining with the team and Jackwater relegated to test driver status for season 23, F&S even have opened interviews for drivers interested in driving for the team in Season 23.

(OOC: PM me for those Interested)
Rovenami
Rovenami
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Finnish909 March 19th 2017, 9:01 pm

FPM to Welcome Jake Baskinger to Drive the 98

Breaking News, just in, it's true. It's DAMN true. Jake Baskinger will come aboard to FPM's #98 program. Baskinger, will be coming aboard to the team after rumors of Cathneix likely closing down their doors like many teams by years end. Baskinger joins Sean Angel the Canadian in this surprising turn of events. Finguy-Psytomi Motorsports, where do you keep that black magic ball of luck? We hope the two so far the best of luck this upcoming season.
Finnish909
Finnish909
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post by MrKyleCollins March 19th 2017, 10:24 pm

Chris Dodd to Blue Flare Motorsports in S23
After announcing his dismissal from his eventual ex team BFM was right on him for S23. He's shown a lot of promise but hasn't had the equipment and BFM wants to bring this out of him. He also has a good relationship with Freeman's good friend Collins which is great. No word on who'll drive the #81 yet.
MrKyleCollins
MrKyleCollins
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by CJ Racing March 19th 2017, 10:33 pm

Chris Dodd: "I want to thank BFM and Mr.Freeman so much for believing in me enough to give me the opportunity to run the #41 for them in S23. I am thankful for my CJ Racing family, but I know they are in good hands, and it's time to move on to my next chapter in my OES career!"
CJ Racing
CJ Racing
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

Back to top Go down

Post by CJ Racing March 19th 2017, 10:41 pm

Charles Sandfer to CJ Racing in S23
Well, it's official. CJ Racing has gone big with their 2nd driver announcement, signing Charles Sandfer to a deal for S23. CJ Racing noted his veteran leadership and his seasons of experience as just some of the reasons for hiring Sandfer.

Charles Sandfer will be driving the #5 Resse's Chevy, and will join Etisham Phadkar and a currently unknown driver in S23. Best of success to the CJ Racing team!
CJ Racing
CJ Racing
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

Back to top Go down

Post by BugattiNightRide March 23rd 2017, 12:33 am

Shepherd: Still a free agent looking for a ride at the moment.
BugattiNightRide
BugattiNightRide
Race Winner
Race Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next