Offline Host
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chris Dodd, Scott Roush Reconcile, Press Release

2 posters

Go down

Chris - Chris Dodd, Scott Roush Reconcile, Press Release Empty Chris Dodd, Scott Roush Reconcile, Press Release

Post by CJ Racing March 16th 2017, 10:38 am

Chris Dodd, Scott Roush Reconcile, Press Release
March 16th, 2017, 10:38 am EST

After nearly 1/2 a season, turmoil, and remarks about each other, Chris Dodd and Scott Roush finally set aside their differences today in a joint press release, put out earlier this morning...

Dodd: "You know, this season has brought a lot of craziness and things happened that were very unexpected. But more than anything that happened, the announcement that Roush was going to Porsche instead of CJ Racing was something that hit me really hard. I considered Roush to be a close friend of mine, and for him to just leave without even saying a word was something that I really couldn't handle at the time.

I said some things that probably shouldn't have been said, and things happened that really hurt not only my friendship with Roush, but how I operated as a Team Owner, which caused a lot of trouble for CJ Racing, and I am so sorry about that. I want to publicly apologize to CJ Racing, our sponsors, and supporters of this team. I also want to apologize to Porsche for the things I said about their team, things that frankly were not called for as a Team Owner of my own team.

But most of all, I want to publicly apologize to Scott Roush. I am sorry for the things I said to you Scott, and for hurting our friendship, and our relationship as allies on and off the track. I hope that this can put an end to the troubles we have had between us, and we can move on from here as friends and "compadres" for a long time to come."

Roush: "When I got the offer from Porsche to buy me out I got so happy that the team I grew up wanting to drive for was calling me and saying "hey I want you to drive for me." In fact I got so happy I forgot to tell Chris that I was leaving for Porsche. He was also changing Phone numbers due to trolling and prank calls. I forgot I even was going to drive for (CJ Racing) until he started taking me out on social media and saying that he would dump me if he got the chance. It was hard because it seemed like everyone was going against my buying out. I kept trying to apologize for my actions but it seemed like it wouldn't be accepted. So I put a pause to it. I came here to say I am sorry for leaving without telling you beforehand."

And with that, the Dodd/Roush rivalry has come to a peaceful end. Best of success to these 2 drivers throughout the rest of the Season!

Marty McGee
SiruisXM Racing News
CJ Racing
CJ Racing
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

Back to top Go down

Chris - Chris Dodd, Scott Roush Reconcile, Press Release Empty Re: Chris Dodd, Scott Roush Reconcile, Press Release

Post by FitzwaterAustralia59 March 16th 2017, 6:50 pm

Wow
FitzwaterAustralia59
FitzwaterAustralia59
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

Back to top Go down