Kyle Collins: Has he overcome the most adversity?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Kyle Collins: Has he overcome the most adversity?

Post by MrKyleCollins on April 3rd 2017, 10:50 am

Drivers overcoming adversity isn't an uncommon thing in racing. For example, Hayden Kline had to overcome adversity to get over his near-career ending crash to be able to race FT for SUMS in 2017. But the question lands, has Kyle Collins overcome the most adversity in the sport.

Kyle Collins is the 21 year old Canadian who drives the #41 for Blue Flare Motorsports. He started his career in S15 at the young age of 16 driving the #32. Believe it or not, he qualified 4th at Daytona, but blew a Piston which ended his day. That season he won the ROTY award. He never raced S16 due to him not getting a ride. But instead he did the Total Drama NASCAR, where he finished 3rd and then he was scouted out by FUEL Brothers Racing who gave him a shot for S17. At the age of 18 he was up front battling for the championship with legends Jacob Hart and Luke Martin. He finished 2nd that year, also gaining a lot of fans who would support him for the next season. Which was rough for him, driving the #44 for Richard Petty Motorsports and all. No adversity yet, I know, I'm just doing a quick career recap. In 2015 he started the season driving for Coorweiser, being replaced by Skye Commons after only 2 rounds. He was picked up by Monster Energy Racing a few rounds later, and he competed for wins once or twice. Then came the HuskyTools Indy Car Indy 500, where tragedy struck.

Kyle Collins was spun by Kassandra Pericles and didn't just go airborne, but it was probably the highest a car has flown in the air in the canon. He was launched into the catchfence and rushed to the hospital where he was pronounced dead. It was a sad day in the racing world, at only 19 years he was "dead." But only a few people knew what actually happened. His last second reaction was to duck and cover his head which destroyed his hands, but most likely saved him. With the world thinking he was dead, Collins would spend the next 9 months or so recovering. Learning how to do most things all over again. Nobody at first thought he'd walk again, let alone drive a race car. But come his 20th birthday he tweeted out he'd be on the free agency market. He raced a year with Red Stallion Racing and then went to race for his own team, and is back to running top 20s.

Now that's adversity. He went from doctors thinking he'd never live properly again, to racing top 20s week-in and week-out for his own team and becoming a really popular driver among fans and drivers alike. He even got his first 2nd place since S17 this year. Collins hopes to prove any critics left and win a race this year. Which is kind of looking possible if he can keep these runs up.
MrKyleCollins
Champion
Champion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Kyle Collins: Has he overcome the most adversity?

Post by Mr.YAMP on April 3rd 2017, 4:50 pm

(drivers start at 18. Along with other canon problems) husky indy never existed.

Pokemon Cup Series Season 11 Champion
Mobil 1 Cup Series Season 10 Champion
Sony Cup Series 2016 Season Champion

Mr.YAMP

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MrKyleCollins on April 3rd 2017, 10:04 pm

Mr.YAMP wrote:(drivers start at 18. Along with other canon problems) husky indy never existed.
Back when he made his debut I said he was 16 and nobody cared so I've stuck with it lol

And for the husky thing, the ARCSOA HuskyTools wasn't a thing, but I just went with HuskyTools since there's tons of leagues so I just pretended it was a thing.
MrKyleCollins
Champion
Champion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr.YAMP on April 4th 2017, 8:28 am

Yes but thats not our canon.

Pokemon Cup Series Season 11 Champion
Mobil 1 Cup Series Season 10 Champion
Sony Cup Series 2016 Season Champion

Mr.YAMP

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MrKyleCollins on April 4th 2017, 12:27 pm

Mr.YAMP wrote:Yes but thats not our canon.
Who says it can't be lol? It's not the ARCSOA HuskyTools, it's an indycar series branded by HuskyTools but it's not the same as the ARCSOA version. I just took what happened in that series, put it in a different league I'm pretending is in our canon.
Make sense? Or am I just blabbering?
MrKyleCollins
Champion
Champion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top