Safety concerns for Vegas, Michigan and American 700 after scary tire test crash.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Safety concerns for Vegas, Michigan and American 700 after scary tire test crash.

Post by f1fan on December 18th 2015, 12:33 am

Pack racing has always been a key form of racing in the ARCSOA Elite Series. However the power restricted engines at Daytona proved that there is a line of decency when it comes to pack racing. ARCSOA Elite Series rookie Christian Van Der Pesch said, "It was the craziest thing he has ever done." However not all people are exactly happy with ARCSOA's obsession with this type of racing. Former ARCSOA Elite Series driver Nicholas Vernier also commented, "Pack racing is the reason why I retired. After running at high speeds at Eurospeedway, among other events I realized I couldn't take the risk. What I saw at Daytona was appalling. They were racing at 220 MPH in a shoebox, if an accident were to happen, it would have been brutal. I think ARCSOA ought to be very lucky that something didn't happen."

These issues were again highlighted during a mid-week tire test at Michigan International Speedway. Michigan is a high banked 2.0 Mile Superspeedway where the cars travel at speeds greater then 245 MPH in a large pack. During the group test, Kenny Myatt would get turned by Nick Perclies going 246 MPH out of turn 4. Myatt then slid up track collecting Tuomas Sarrienen and Jose Antonio Martini. The hit with Sarrienen caused Myatt to launch in the air and fly into the catch-fencing sending debris into the grandstands and Myatt's Engine into the 3rd row of the grandstand. 12 more cars would end up getting collected and Myatt's car would land on top of the rear decklid of Allie Nelson, sending Nelson into the outside wall at 210 MPH. Amazingly no one was hurt in this wreck. However Kenny Myatt had stern words for ARCSOA officials,

"Had that have been the race, spectators would have been killed in the grandstands. Having an engine fly into the 3rd row of the grandstands is NOT safe. We saw Allie get thrown into the outside wall at over 200 MPH. We can't do this. But we also can't restrict the engines because it would just pack us up more. So it's up to Kayla (Tonney) to figure out what we are gonna do. Obviously we can't cancel these upcoming high speed ovals. But we have to do something."

Tonney did make a statement saying that, the fans will not be permitted in the first 11 rows of the grandstands. However she did not comment on the drivers safety issue.

Maddie Myatt:

Erin Perkins:

Sean Perkins:
f1fan
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Safety concerns for Vegas, Michigan and American 700 after scary tire test crash.

Post by RedViperGaming on December 18th 2015, 8:15 am

Pericles:"I do have a sore neck though, sorry for that one Kenny."

Nick Pericles
Owner & Runner of The VCS
Owner of Red Stallion Racing
Sony Cup Driver of Hero Motorsports - #13
AES Driver of Blue Flare Motorsports - #81
S21 AES Champion - SilverSpeed #83
SCS Wins: 3 - Latest : 2015  Round 29 Of New York
AES Wins: 2
RedViperGaming
I Like To Post A Lot