Offline Host
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bubba Martin to replace Ashton Stryger at Daytona

Go down

Daytona - Bubba Martin to replace Ashton Stryger at Daytona Empty Bubba Martin to replace Ashton Stryger at Daytona

Post by nhood53 July 24th 2017, 3:07 pm

Before Bubba Martin got into Victory Lane in Darlington, South Carolina, no one had really ever heard of the driver. He won that race in dominating fashion, leading nearly the entire race and lapping the field. He was offered to drive the 43 Cheerios Dodge in the Ohio 200 and was also successful in that race. Bubba started in the 35th position and went a lap down early, though later he would successfully rebound into the lead lap and run in the top 10 for the majority of the race, finishing in 12th behind Katie Anderson. Team owner Brenna Carmichael said that Martin was "the next David Rivera of NMGAR," referring to 7-time winner and championship competitor in Season 2 David Rivera. This run was the best run Carmichael's self-owned TGD Racing had had all season with the exception of Ashton Stryger's Daytona Duel win.

The good news for Martin was that he was not involved in a scary lap 189 crash involving Ashton Stryger and Deb Bunnell. Stryger would get spun and launched into the air off Deb Bunnell's front end. Stryger would walk away bruised from the impact. She self-imposed an injury sideline of one race to ensure that there was nothing wrong with her health that would hinder her racing ability. With that, Carmichael contacted Bubba Martin and Martin said "he was glad to accept and get a chance to run at the top level" while also expressing his emotions about Stryger's injury.

Last edited by nhood53 on July 24th 2017, 3:25 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Kentucky-Daytona Two races-One race)

nhood53
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

Back to top Go down

Daytona - Bubba Martin to replace Ashton Stryger at Daytona Empty Re: Bubba Martin to replace Ashton Stryger at Daytona

Post by nhood53 July 28th 2017, 6:33 pm

Update to the Bubba Martin storyline as he replaces SO Garrison after Garrison's antics at Daytona. We will see which gang is better for Bubba; Team Grounded or ClimberTech, as Martin will move from a Team Grounded- fielded car to a ClimberTech- fielded car.

nhood53
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

Back to top Go down