Offline Host
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sony Cup Series Implementing A New 3 Strike Rule

+4
Mr.YAMP
JJRacer89
FitzwaterAustralia59
FUEL
8 posters

Go down

series - Sony Cup Series Implementing A New 3 Strike Rule  Empty Sony Cup Series Implementing A New 3 Strike Rule

Post by FUEL July 28th 2017, 10:06 pm

In the past, this series has seen it's fair shares of wreckfest races that the SCS Officials would love to forget and some races that makes us wonder why we didn't step up and take action in. We've seen things get out of hand it seems where only half the field or less finishes the race. We've seen drivers do whatever it takes at all cost go for a win or run hard every lap of the race and we've seen vice versa an inexperience driver running around slow on the track be in the way and cause some wrecks, same with lapped down cars. We are making a movement in helping keep racing, racing. Wreckless driving especially this year has been noted that it is not tolerated. We are making a clear rule on this issue just before the Indy 250 on what we are going to do.

For every race, the scoring tower where the officials of the SCS watching the race are going to keep track of cautions and the claims of cautions, who was at fault and who gets a strike to their name. Go over 3 strikes in a race where you were the cause of 3 or more yellows you will be disqualified from the race and will earn 0 points for your efforts and loss of qualifying privilege the following race. Earn a total of 5 strikes you will be suspended from the following race including the first following penalties.

We also include secondary wrecks during a caution like what happened at Kansas after Jesse Turner got wrecked in turn 1, he got slammed by Ryan Acosta in turn 2. Even though that was not the cause of yellow, a wreck still happened and a strike will be put on the necessary driver, in that case it would of been on Ryan Acosta for plowing into Turner.

We take our racing very seriously and want to provide RACING and not wreckfests. This isn't a Monster Jam session, we are out there to provide a race and wreckless driving and too many wrecks on a certain driver will now be issued like a baseball term as a strike out. 3 strikes and we disqualify your efforts for points. We hope to not have to do this to our drivers but we hope this will lessen the over aggressive driving and keep drivers in check knowing the boundaries within the race.
FUEL
FUEL
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

https://www.youtube.com/FUELTheBandicoot

Back to top Go down

series - Sony Cup Series Implementing A New 3 Strike Rule  Empty Re: Sony Cup Series Implementing A New 3 Strike Rule

Post by FitzwaterAustralia59 July 28th 2017, 10:14 pm

Not a fan of it.
FitzwaterAustralia59
FitzwaterAustralia59
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

Back to top Go down

series - Sony Cup Series Implementing A New 3 Strike Rule  Empty Re: Sony Cup Series Implementing A New 3 Strike Rule

Post by JJRacer89 July 28th 2017, 10:17 pm

I'll be honest and say I'm for it. After watching Ray Ciccarelli make a dumb spectacle of himself at Eldora, that is one issue that this new rule will hope to take care of. One thing is deliberately wrecking drivers on the track with no remorse, but there's also the simple situation where if you can't handle driving your own race car then you deserve to get parked. Or in this case, you get DQ'ed, cause you can't park cars out of the race in NR2003.
JJRacer89
JJRacer89
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr.YAMP July 28th 2017, 11:13 pm

Yeah this is a hard situation. Because we dont control our cars if we did probably wouldnt be many wrecks. There needs to be a park car button in the game. I wonder if someone could mod it in.
Mr.YAMP
Mr.YAMP

Back to top Go down

Post by nhood53 July 29th 2017, 8:49 am

Mr.YAMP wrote:Yeah this is a hard situation. Because we dont control our cars if we did probably wouldnt be many wrecks. There needs to be a park car button in the game. I wonder if someone could mod it in.

OOC I agree this is a well-needed feature. As a league owner and admin it would save any league various point penalties and suspensions by eliminating someone at the first sight of trouble.

nhood53
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

Back to top Go down

Post by f1fan July 29th 2017, 10:35 am

OOC: I don't agree with the implementation of the rule. I think it should be 3-strikes across the whole year. Only give out strikes if a driver does something, really stupid. Accidents happen, and they shouldn't be punished. Once a driver gets their third strike, they are suspended for a race.
f1fan
f1fan
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FUEL July 29th 2017, 11:33 am

f1fan wrote:OOC: I don't agree with the implementation of the rule. I think it should be 3-strikes across the whole year. Only give out strikes if a driver does something, really stupid. Accidents happen, and they shouldn't be punished. Once a driver gets their third strike, they are suspended for a race.

If you cause a wreck like for example, Matt Daleo merged wrong down the track and caused a big one at Atlanta... Steven Jenkins getting out of shape and getting on the apron taking out some cars at Kansas... Dillon Young turning someone down the back straightaway at Daytona... All of which were caused by them. They were the reason for many people's days being over. If somehow you end up causing 3 wrecks a race, you're obviously being a problem out there. Very rarely do we ever even see 3 wrecks during a race but sometimes we may see that and if one driver is wreckless enough to cause a yellow by spinning someone or spinning himself 3 or more times a race... Action will be taken if a driver is the cause of 3 or more continuous wrecks during a single event in post race discussion.

We have been rather consistent all year on penalizing the necessary drivers for wreckless driving all year so I just made a rule to kinda make it clear as day what the expectations are instead of just coming out with penalties after a driver gets into multiple wrecks. 3 or more wrecks caused by you, we will make sure that is shut down. This is a professional series and often our drivers know how to race and make it to the end without even bringing out 3 wrecks. We don't expect to use this rule and won't discuss it over the commentary of the race. However it will be dealt with in post race review if a driver does break this rule of wreckless driving.

OOC: We did this back in Season 16, Nick Mace spun 2 people from the lead to try and win at Baerfield and qualify for the playoffs. We mention at 10:10 in this video how Mace was already warned about having 2 strikes then. This is not a rip off rule of ARCSOA's as Kenny has mentioned his is different than mine. We've had this rule before but with a lot of the focus this year being on wreckless driving and intentional wrecking we want to make it clear what the rule is and expectations are. Business will go on as usual and this rule is sort of to set a guideline by how we want drivers to race. Our DNF's this year are down by 60% from last year. Our drivers know what they are doing and we expect this to be a rare occasion to have to step in and do this. It's mainly to put an emphasis on stopping the wreckless driving.
FUEL
FUEL
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

Back to top Go down

Post by f1fan July 29th 2017, 12:05 pm

OOC: The problem is you can't kick someone off the track in order to DQ them. That's why it should be rephrased that if you get three strikes in a race, you get parked for the next race.
f1fan
f1fan
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FUEL July 29th 2017, 11:14 pm

OOC: I think it's fair to disqualify their effort in points after the race is over, focus on the race. Deal with it all post race and hand down the grid penalty for the following race along with them not earning points in the race of getting 3 strikes.
FUEL
FUEL
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

Back to top Go down

Post by f1fan July 30th 2017, 9:51 am

OOC: It makes sense on paper... but it makes no sense to DQ someone if they are still on track. That's why it makes more sense to just outright ban them for the next weekend.
f1fan
f1fan
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by nhood53 July 30th 2017, 3:35 pm

f1fan wrote:OOC: It makes sense on paper... but it makes no sense to DQ someone if they are still on track. That's why it makes more sense to just outright ban them for the next weekend.
OOC: That's what I do with my league. I just let the natural consequences occur to that driver and then suspend them. None of this "DQ"ing business.

nhood53
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

Back to top Go down

Post by RocketKnight July 30th 2017, 4:30 pm

It kinda sounds more like you're excluding drivers from the results rather than DQing them. I don't mind, I'd probably do that anyway if it was my league. I think this system is maybe a bit harsh, but overall needed and I'm alright with it.
RocketKnight
RocketKnight
Engineer
Engineer

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1KcUD6K1U0Rms5Z963BmOQ

Back to top Go down

Post by CJ Racing July 30th 2017, 5:32 pm

I agree.
CJ Racing
CJ Racing
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum