Offline Host
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Power Rankings entering Season 24

+6
CJ Racing
day500champ1
Andrei1
UndyingLight
FitzwaterAustralia59
f1fan
10 posters

Go down

SEASON - Team Power Rankings entering Season 24 Empty Team Power Rankings entering Season 24

Post by f1fan October 30th 2017, 10:05 pm

The biggest news item entering the 24th season of the ARCSOA Elite Series is the lack of restrictions when it comes to engine capabilities. This is the first season in which a turbocharged V6 engine is not the only engine a team can choose from, in a long time. Below is a listing of all the team rankings entering this season.

BFM/FBR- The Lexus and Camry use the exact same Toyota V6 Turbocharged engine that they used in the previous season. So basically these two teams are expected to have about the same performance as they did last season. The only update that TRD did to the engine, is in the reliability department. The BFM is a bit more aerodynamic from the top of the car. The BFM is expected to do better in a straight line than the majority of the field. The BFM is also supposedly really good at drafting and sling-shotting. The Toyota used by FBR generates Aerodynamics from the underside of the car. There is an experimental skirting technology being used by FBR in order to gain traction in corners. This system is incredibly unreliable. However, when it is working, the FBR car is said to be unbeatable at the road courses. ARCSOA is currently investigating whether or not the system is legal or not as well. 

Xios Honda- Honda has decided to move from a "suped-up" Honda Accord to the Honda Civic Type-R. This car has a very aggressive front nose on it, designed to cut through air like a knife. This car does very well leading a pack of cars, because it is probably the most stable in a wake of air. The engine is also something to watch. Honda has a brand new, Twin Turbo V6 engine. The Twin Turbo is designed to really give this thing power. The driver also has the ability to turn Boost up or down. Therefore, drivers can employ fuel strategy without changing fuel mixtures, and sacrificing raw pace from the motor. The car does have a bit of an overheating problem, as well as a very pronounced cooling problem.

SilverSpeed- The 6.2L Dodge Hellcat is powering Silverspeed's Season 24 entry. This V8 monster is by far the scariest engine in the field. It's fast as stink, and in a straight line on engine power alone, the thing is untouchable. Good luck getting the Silverspeed to stop, as Beka Moss and John Arndt both flew off the track at Port Skyline. The car also isn't great at turning. The Hellcat is also a tad heavy too. However, it hasn't shown any problems in testing so far. Which will be a relief to John Arndt. 

CJ Racing- CJ Racing is using a V8 Small Block Chevy motor. The engine tends to be one of the most reliable engines on the grid. The car itself seems pretty good all around. There don't seem to be any general weaknesses with it. 

Dominer & Caraway- D&C has had issues even getting to the grid. They are planning on being the only team using a V12 engine. However, Mercedes is having a tough time getting it to fit in the car itself. The question now becomes, will D&C have to buy an engine that will fit in the car, or design a car that is quite a bit bigger. Apparently, the engine has been tested in a car from Season 21, and works quite well. The question is, does the team retrofit the Season 21 car to fit the Season 24 rules? Or do they just buy an engine from possibly Ford? No matter what, D&C seems behind the 8-Ball here. There is still a chance that they could squeeze the engine in the developed Season 24 car. But would require a different hood design. 

Mentervini- Mentervini plans to keep their 8-year old Durbinsport car running. However, this season they are buying some old Audi's from the Durbinsport team. The team doesn't look that fast to be honest. 

Team Reddit-Davis-  Probably the most interesting car on the grid. Reports are, this thing is the slowest car in a straight line. However, it is also the lightest by being up to 50% lighter than the rest of the field. That is because, VW has an INLINE 4 cylinder engine in this thing. The engine weighs only a quarter of that of the V12 that D&C is going to use. Needless to say, this car is sporty as hell. Actually at one point, Vince Freeze, Eric Monaco, and Roman Rehall were all in the top 5 in Port Skyline testing. However, they were by far the slowest car in the speed trap. This car won't win any high speed races. However, on the tracks where agility is required, this thing is by far the best car at changing direction at a quick rate of speed. The car isn't fast, but quick as hell. 

F&S- The Marlone Faraday is not the most attractive looking car on the grid. But it is serviceable. The team is switching to a V10 Dodge Viper engine from what I have heard. The thing isn't the most reliable thing on the track, but it is fast. However, the car is aerodynamic as a brick. I think F&S realized that their strong suits are on the Superspeedways, and built a car that suits their strengths. However, will the car exploit their weaknesses? 

Great Lakes Motorsports- GLM is currently using a Ford V8 motor in testing. However, there is a possibility that they are going to move up to the V10 engine that is used in the Mustang. However, no engine contract has been signed. Heck, no car manufacture deal has been signed as of yet. That lack of development time, could cost the team in the long run. No clue on what this team is doing to be honest.

Team NOPEA Finland- For once the TNF car isn't the fastest in the speedtrap. The Hellcat in the Silverspeed got that award. However, new Ford V8 inside the aerodynamic Koenigsegg should prove to fix some of TNF's nagging reliability issues. 

Action Terra- The Nissan GTR is the exact same car from last year. Action Terra has had issues with funding this season. They have received a tad of help from UPS. However, no development on a car that really needed it is probably going to cost Action Terra. Them and Mentervini were the slowest teams on the track. 

Red Viper- Being the Aston Martin team, I was quite surprised when I heard they were using a V8 engine rather than a V12. However, that seems to be the case for Red Viper. The team seems to have a good car for next season, as aerodynamically the car seems to cooperate in a nice pack. 

KR Subaru- As much as I would like to see them run an old Boxter engine. They are running a Subaru V6 engine. This team has had a lot of problems with it though. It doesn't have great power, and the car itself isn't that spectacular. This team concerns me because I don't see a whole lot of growth from them. In fact, the team seems to be regressing as Subaru's developments haven't seemed to work. 

Pirtek Racing- Basically, this thing is a stock Chevy SS in racing trim. No clue on what that is going to do. But a racier version of the Holden Commodore is never a bad thing. This thing looked sporty in Port Skyline testing. However, some have called it, "not a racing car." The team though does have a pretty interesting gearbox though. Or lack thereof a gearbox. This car has Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT). This thing always runs at peak RPM through a system of pully's and levers. It's incredibly complicated, and the car makes all kinds of racket down the straights, but it seems to be working. The drivers no longer have to shift, making them more aware to track surroundings.
f1fan
f1fan
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

SEASON - Team Power Rankings entering Season 24 Empty Re: Team Power Rankings entering Season 24

Post by FitzwaterAustralia59 October 30th 2017, 10:11 pm

Nice
FitzwaterAustralia59
FitzwaterAustralia59
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

Back to top Go down

SEASON - Team Power Rankings entering Season 24 Empty Re: Team Power Rankings entering Season 24

Post by UndyingLight October 30th 2017, 10:19 pm

Hallec: "Believe me or not, lads, I 'ave driven a CVT before. I do own a 2005 Commodore with a similar engine that is. She can get up to speed right quick, so I am hopefully stoked for this pair of beasts. Fitzwater and I will do our best, won't we, Fitzwater? Razz "
UndyingLight
UndyingLight
Race Winner
Race Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrei1 October 31st 2017, 9:37 am

Davidson: Blimey, Well I am suggesting to D&C that we design a new nose or we try and get a V10 Engine from Mercedes if Available.

Andrei1
Engineer
Engineer

Back to top Go down

Post by day500champ1 October 31st 2017, 12:59 pm

Griffin: "We are currently working on developing and testing our own in-house chassis and engine for our program. As soon as we are ready to unveil it, we will."

day500champ1
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by CJ Racing October 31st 2017, 1:20 pm

David Levin (CJ Racing CEO): "We are extremely pleased with how our cars and engines are being built balance wise. We have strived to build a balanced car, and we are pleased to say we have reached that point. Now we can begin to improve on each part of the vehicle bit by bit, and continue to improve along all fronts."

Dodd: "I like where this BFM program is going for this season, I really think we have a shot to do some big things this year. I would love to win at either Daytona, the A700, or the Indy 250, that would be a big deal for me.

Gurion: "Well, hopefully the TNF engines will be more reliable this season, while still having solid speed."
CJ Racing
CJ Racing
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

Back to top Go down

Post by FitzwaterAustralia59 November 2nd 2017, 6:12 pm

UndyingLight wrote:Hallec: "Believe me or not, lads, I 'ave driven a CVT before. I do own a 2005 Commodore with a similar engine that is. She can get up to speed right quick, so I am hopefully stoked for this pair of beasts. Fitzwater and I will do our best, won't we, Fitzwater? Razz "
Very Happy
FitzwaterAustralia59
FitzwaterAustralia59
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

Back to top Go down

Post by AAllen22 November 2nd 2017, 8:46 pm

Alex: "Certainly going to be a fun season ahead with such a great team behind me, and two amazing teammates in Dodd and Angel, we are going to do great things this season."

AAllen22
Crew Chief
Crew Chief

Back to top Go down

Post by Persona40 November 3rd 2017, 12:52 am

Brock: "Not sure how big the engine fitting problem will affect us going into the new season, but I believe my team will find a way to solve this issue."
Persona40
Persona40
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by AnEpikReshiram November 4th 2017, 1:03 am

Caldwell: "Car is usually speedy, but i'd be damned if I could make it a race w/o blowing up."
AnEpikReshiram
AnEpikReshiram
Crew Man
Crew Man

Back to top Go down

Post by f1fan November 4th 2017, 1:22 am

Kenny: Looks like D&C finally fit that engine into the car. 

Kenny: Boy is the D&C fast this season.
f1fan
f1fan
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TW 5 24 Reddit Racing November 4th 2017, 11:56 am

Like the shifty nature and handling at the slow speed road courses and short ovals, but need that straight line speed. We will see could be fighting for some wins at places like Road Atlanta early in the seaso.
TW 5 24 Reddit Racing
TW 5 24 Reddit Racing
Engineer
Engineer

Back to top Go down

Post by TW 5 24 Reddit Racing November 4th 2017, 11:57 am

Like the shifty nature and handling at the slow speed road courses and short ovals, but need that straight line speed. We will see could be fighting for some wins at places like Road Atlanta early in the season.
TW 5 24 Reddit Racing
TW 5 24 Reddit Racing
Engineer
Engineer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down