Offline Host
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ARCSOA Engine Restrictions (Updated after Australia)

4 posters

Go down

ARCSOA Engine Restrictions (Updated after Australia) Empty ARCSOA Engine Restrictions (Updated after Australia)

Post by f1fan November 20th 2017, 8:29 pm

In addition to the upgrade points, teams will have a maximum number of engines allocated to each car. This rule was created in order to keep the costs down and forcibly improve reliability which has been an issue in years past. Each car is allocated 6 engines for the entire season. Note the endurance events DO NOT count in this list. So if you blow an engine at Road Atlanta, Fontana, Daytona, Indianapolis, or Port Skyline, you are alright. If a car moves on to their 7th engine, (provided that they didn't buy one using upgrade points) they will incur a 5 grid spot penalty. If a car blows that one up, and moves onto an 8th engine, they will get a 10 grid spot penalty. This value increases by 5 positions for every engine over 6. So if a team goes onto engine #12, they will incur a 30-grid spot penalty. Grid spot penalties will not be used in the 5 races listed previously, as for those races, everyone gets a free engine anyway.

Current Engine Allocations :

Last edited by f1fan on April 12th 2018, 10:37 pm; edited 18 times in total
f1fan
f1fan
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

ARCSOA Engine Restrictions (Updated after Australia) Empty Re: ARCSOA Engine Restrictions (Updated after Australia)

Post by Persona40 November 20th 2017, 9:07 pm

Personally, I don't think six engines are enough.
Persona40
Persona40
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

ARCSOA Engine Restrictions (Updated after Australia) Empty Re: ARCSOA Engine Restrictions (Updated after Australia)

Post by RedViperGaming November 21st 2017, 8:08 pm

8 Engines should be the Max before penalties.
Drivers are way too reckless.
RedViperGaming
RedViperGaming
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

Back to top Go down

Post by UndyingLight November 21st 2017, 9:18 pm

I agree that six is too low. It isn't impossible for a driver to be so unlucky as to have six engine failures/wrecks right in a row *cough* John Ardnt *cough*. That's already not good for the team, so you're going to slap them with a penalty for being unlucky? That's pretty uncanny.

If you're keen on keeping this, don't make it six. Make it eight, or nine or higher to start getting penalties. 9 you're fine, 10 you're mine.
UndyingLight
UndyingLight
Race Winner
Race Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by f1fan November 22nd 2017, 12:31 pm

Let me clarify... Reliability ratings are going up this year. Plus, I am going a lot more conservative with the ini this season to cut down the crashing.
f1fan
f1fan
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down