Turner Performance Racing news/thread

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Re: Turner Performance Racing news/thread

Post by JJRacer89 on August 14th 2018, 10:40 pm

Raced over in Iowa for the first race there for the series. Loaded up on a good corn-filled dinner the night before, so we hoped it would fill our cars the same way. At first it did, then my car's power slowly started to go away, going from the lead to falling a lap down before the finish. Jake's crew tried a two-tire strategy which bit them on the long green flag run. On the bright side, nice pickup from Carson who clinched 3rd after starting 22nd. We'll be cruising over to Michigan for some consistently fast speeds in the next round!

C. Scott - 3rd
Baskinger - 23rd
Turner - 25th
Hoffman - 33rd
JJRacer89
Veteran
Veteran

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JJRacer89 on August 27th 2018, 11:51 am

Gosh lol, I've been letting these posts go late. But we'll go ahead and recap Michigan. Jake, the man with the plan in the #97 had an excellent weekend, winning the pole as well as the race! 2-mile speedways are definitely his forte, as I'm glad he pulled off another win at this type of track. Carson knocked off a good top-10 result, I got a piece of a wreck but came home close to a top-10. And Caleb was involved in that major accident on the back straightaway with Shelly, Rodriguez, Pascoe, and others. Thankfully everyone's gonna be alright in the long run.

Baskinger - WIN
C. Scott - 7th
Turner - 11th
Hoffman - 37th
JJRacer89
Veteran
Veteran

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JJRacer89 on August 27th 2018, 12:18 pm

Up in Elkhart Lake, WI for the 23rd race of the season. Pretty good race for us I do believe! Although any of us didn't come away with the win, which I congratulate Dajon Weeks for acheiving, getting three of our cars in the top-5 is outstanding! Jake and Carson had pretty constant races, while I had to overcome an ill-handling car before pit stops. Fortunately I was able to pick off my competition one by one up to the podium! Not a bad outcome considering the series hasn't raced here since season 6. Entertaining the whole way through!

Baskinger - 2nd
Turner - 3rd
C. Scott - 4th
Hoffman - 21st
JJRacer89
Veteran
Veteran

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JJRacer89 on September 3rd 2018, 1:04 pm

Got done tackling the Lady in Black. No, really. I immensely tackled her! Had to use a PCP after qualifying, that was one to forget. But in an odd twist of fate, we had no cautions and that allowed me to pick off my competitors one by one, until I eventually got to make the winning pass on Nick Mace! Very pumped to have pulled off this feat with such a great race car. Good work by everyone else to bring their rides home in one piece.

Turner - WIN
Baskinger - 8th
Hoffman - 15th
C. Scott - 22nd
JJRacer89
Veteran
Veteran

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JJRacer89 on September 16th 2018, 2:16 pm

Made our second trip to New Hampshire last time out, so we'll quickly go over that. My race was a whirlwind. Led the field to the green but by lap 2 I was on pit road to change a flat tire, going a lap down. Then Shelly got bounced off of Caleb and into me and ended up crashing him. Tried to loosen up Jordan Fisher later on but our bumpers locked up the wrong way and he wrecked. Despite all that went awry for me on the track, I still had a bunch of speed in the car and was able to climb up to 8th! Carson got in a pile-up on the front straightaway, and Caleb got into a wreck down the back. Jake was the only one out of us to stay incident-free if you think about it, while he ended up second to Dajon Weeks. That 38's been on a roll lately, might have to watch out for him more often.

Baskinger - 2nd
Turner - 8th
Hoffman - 31st
C. Scott - 35th
JJRacer89
Veteran
Veteran

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JJRacer89 on September 16th 2018, 3:39 pm

Went out west again to Las Vegas, at last we're back racing here again. And it was worth the wait! Lots of championship twists, and there's still a long way to go yet. Dajon Weeks led a lot of laps until wrecking into SP3 before green flag stops. I was on pit road then, and restarted on the tail end of the lead lap. Then came Caps & Mace's turn to lead for a bit, then Fitzwater blew up and Caps ran into him out of turn 4. Caps tried to keep going, but spun by himself coming out of the pits. Jordan Davis slammed into Caps, then Mace came around and ran into Davis. So there went my title rivals just like that. That left it up to Jeffery Lynn to battle with Jake for the win. Jake was able to outsmart Lynn with lapped traffic, got into the clear, and won his 4th race of 2018! I recovered to get 12th and maintain the series points lead. With enough good luck on his side, I bet Jake won't be left out of the championship equation.

Baskinger - WIN
C. Scott - 8th
Turner - 12th
Hoffman - 23rd
JJRacer89
Veteran
Veteran

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JJRacer89 on September 24th 2018, 12:56 pm

Well there you have it. Returning from roasting our tails off in the desert at Phoenix. Been a while since we raced here, but it turned out okay for the most part. Nick Mace was the dominator of the race, leading every lap but one. Jake was trying all he could to reel him in while approaching lapped traffic, but just didn't have enough time. For Jake, he's either finished 1st or 2nd in 5 out of the last 6 races! I fell back outside the top 20 in the early stages, then a yellow came out when I needed it and my crew made the best changes possible to my car. Drove it up to 9th at the finish! Carson had a consistent day, ending up in the top-20, while Caleb's engine unfortunately let go before the green flag. Inside of 10 races to go, you can't let your guard down at all if you wanna climb up to a higher spot in the points.

Baskinger - 2nd
Turner - 9th
C. Scott - 19th
Hoffman - 42nd
JJRacer89
Veteran
Veteran

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content