Offline Host
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Round 17 of Virginia @ Williamsburg International Raceway

+5
UndyingLight
Unstableracer33
NRacer96
DKurtis
f1fan
9 posters

Go down

Round 17 of Virginia @ Williamsburg International Raceway Empty Round 17 of Virginia @ Williamsburg International Raceway

Post by f1fan March 18th 2018, 11:23 pm

ARCSOA Takes on an old ARC facility, safety concerns arise

One of the biggest shockers on the schedule was the edition of the Williamsburg International Raceway to the ARCSOA Elite Series schedule. The rather unique 2.5 mile figure-eight circuit was a mainstay in the old ARC series for many years. The track was always known for the Republican 500 race which ran for the entirety of the ARC schedule. In the final Republican 500, driver Dewitt Fordale made contact with Alabama native Harold Stevens, Stevens took a massive shunt into the wall at the start/finish line, killing him instantly. Which was the ARC's final fatality, and the third that season. When the ARC returned 4 seasons ago, Williamsburg returned to the schedule, despite being a 300-mile race sponsored by Coca-Cola. The current cars run by the new ARC are quite a bit heavier than the ARCSOA Elite Series cars, and they max out at around 200 MPH. There is no clue how fast the ARCSOA cars will go on this facility.

Noah Hart, a driver once groomed for ARC competition, is the only current ARCSOA Elite Series driver to ever have participated in a race at the Williamsburg International Raceway, when he won a Sportsman race on the track. Will that experience help him in this weeks race?

f1fan
f1fan
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Round 17 of Virginia @ Williamsburg International Raceway Empty Re: Round 17 of Virginia @ Williamsburg International Raceway

Post by DKurtis March 18th 2018, 11:24 pm

Kurtis: "Oof."
DKurtis
DKurtis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChMGwDuAN-NNXFdv9Bya1Lg

Back to top Go down

Round 17 of Virginia @ Williamsburg International Raceway Empty Re: Round 17 of Virginia @ Williamsburg International Raceway

Post by f1fan March 18th 2018, 11:31 pm

Kenny: I am somewhat glad I am not racing here. This track is probably the most insane one ARCSOA has gone to in the last few years.

Kenny: I will be at the track this weekend with my nice motor scooter.
f1fan
f1fan
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by NRacer96 March 19th 2018, 1:50 am

Bobby: This....track.....is.......INSANE! And i love it! 230+ Mph around this track is going to be awesome. Its going to be interesting to see how people will move towards the front since we are going to be turning both left and right.

NRacer96
NRacer96
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Unstableracer33 March 19th 2018, 6:00 pm

Monaco:Oh my God Figure 8 Really? A Figure 8 This is New to anything i have ever seen in Racing also I Heard were gonna be Going Over 230 MPH so Hopefully Our Engines Can Hold up to our end of the Deal Cause im Gonna Predict lots of Blown Engines in this race
Unstableracer33
Unstableracer33
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by UndyingLight March 19th 2018, 6:31 pm

Hallec: "Aye bloody 'ell. 230mph? That be soundin' fun, but quite dangerous. Ah, 'opefully everybody leaves this here track safe an' sound."

Hallec: "Also when be the time I be havin' a good race? Er Pirtek, fer that matter? Ah well. I still be havin' fun!"
UndyingLight
UndyingLight
Race Winner
Race Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by f1fan March 19th 2018, 10:18 pm

Safety concerns rise when car #31 goes 244 MPH in a draft in final practice

It's been a tense week leading up to the ARCSOA Elite Series inaugural race at the Williamsburg International Raceway. The racing has been tighter than expected, with speeds higher than expected. Preliminary reports expected speeds to be around 230MPH in the draft. However, testing speeds indicate speeds upwards of 240 MPH.
f1fan
f1fan
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TW 5 24 Reddit Racing March 19th 2018, 11:54 pm

Freeze: With Speeds approaching 245mph in the draft hoping for a safe race.
TW 5 24 Reddit Racing
TW 5 24 Reddit Racing
Engineer
Engineer

Back to top Go down

Post by FitzwaterAustralia59 March 20th 2018, 2:50 pm

Starting 11th time to score points
FitzwaterAustralia59
FitzwaterAustralia59
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

Back to top Go down

Post by AAllen22 March 21st 2018, 7:33 am

Alex: "Hometown race! but this track looks crazy, I hope everyone is ok after this one."

AAllen22
Crew Chief
Crew Chief

Back to top Go down

Post by UndyingLight March 22nd 2018, 12:21 am

Hallec: "I be very impressed with t'at finish! What be a better way ta finish 'er off? I be quite stoked with our finishes today. Aye, Pirtek Team Australia, Fitzwater and I worked our arses off today and we be pullin' a great finish. Thank ya, again, Pirtek for such a...rejuvenating run!"

<tapes a "Congrats loser post card to Scott Roush's RV>
UndyingLight
UndyingLight
Race Winner
Race Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by Unstableracer33 March 22nd 2018, 5:47 am

Monaco: We Couldve got the win there I had The Taste of Victory and then it just Faded Away

Reaction at Lap 4:
Reaction at Lap 5:
Reaction at Lap 14:
Reaction at Lap 78:
Unstableracer33
Unstableracer33
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by TW 5 24 Reddit Racing March 22nd 2018, 6:17 am

Freeze: 2 To Go has Eric in front worked well all day and I saw Bobby holding up the 1 Eric went for the win just got into the 1 and I was along for it. Great result otherwise if that doesn’t happen. Thanks to Eric for sticking with me towards the end despite the wreck congrats to Scott.
TW 5 24 Reddit Racing
TW 5 24 Reddit Racing
Engineer
Engineer

Back to top Go down

Post by FitzwaterAustralia59 March 22nd 2018, 11:20 am

P3 YAYYYYYYYY both Pirtek Cars finished in the Top 10
FitzwaterAustralia59
FitzwaterAustralia59
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

Back to top Go down

Post by Hsuorttocs March 22nd 2018, 11:55 am

Roush, immediately after taking his trip to Victory Lane and having a big celebration, went over to his teammate William Brock and thanked him for sticking with him for a good part of the race. He then went over to the CJ Racing Haulers and gave most of all the people there handshakes and hugs, thanking them for helping him get to this point, the next thing he did would be to give Dodd and Arndt handshakes. He also talked to Hallec and Shepherd, though that's just usual for him to do.

"I didn't think it would take this long to get to this point! I really didn't... Man does it feel good though! Can't thank everyone who has gotten me to this point enough! Without everything that's happened I don't think I'd be in this situation at all. I can't thank D&C for taking another chance on me, even with how I talked about their engine department after Toronto last season. Thank you Mr. Levin for hiring me to start the season too, couldn't have gotten to this point without him hiring me. Also, thank you to Porsche for hiring me at all in season 22, wouldn't be here without them either. Thanks to everyone again! I'll make sure to throw a party as big as the Alan Cavagnaro used to!"
Hsuorttocs
Hsuorttocs
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum