Luke Martin interested in driving the rest of the season for Mace Enterprises

Go down

Luke Martin interested in driving the rest of the season for Mace Enterprises

Post by FUEL on April 2nd 2018, 5:45 pm

One of the biggest storylines heading into Atlanta is Luke Martin returning to the driver seat driving for rival team owner Nick Mace, Mace Enterprises' #24 Chevy. Martin spoke with a reporter in the media center on his thoughts about the opportunity and what his plans are moving forward.

Luke Martin: "I mean, it's an honor to be recruited by one of the other big team owners of the series. Nick and I have always been rivals on the track, wanting to be better than the other and also wanting to have a better team than the other. But when I got he offer to return to the driver seat to fill in for Charles, I couldn't turn it down, deep down I want more wins, I want to compete, and most of all I want that elusive championship that I haven't gotten. I guess I see it as a chance in another fast car, and maybe a hope that if I do good enough, Nick will keep me in the car and maybe I can make a championship run. But as always, Martin Motorsports is my first priority and they always will be. My team is my passion now and just because I drive for the rival team and manufacture, doesn't mean I've moved to the dark side. It was a great opportunity to try and add on to that win list and make a possible run at the championship if things fall in the right place. All in all, I am extremely happy to be driving the #24 car for Mace Enterprises in the absence of Charles Sandfer. I do wish him a speedy recovery and I'm glad he's ok after that nasty crash. I'm more than happy to rep his name above my window in these coming weeks."

I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/FUELTheBandicoot

Back to top Go down

Re: Luke Martin interested in driving the rest of the season for Mace Enterprises

Post by f1fan on April 2nd 2018, 6:41 pm

Sean Perkins believe's Mace should stay the course

Always outspoken Sean Perkins once again had a comment on the hottest issue right now in the SCS. A comment made by Luke Martin, stating that he would be open to driving for Mace for the rest of the season.

Perkins believes that if Mace releases one of his drivers for Luke Martin, it could set up a very dangerous precedent for upcoming drivers in the series.

"What Mace has going for him is that he has a young team, with a number of developmental talents in the ranks. Charles Sandfer is a driver in the prime of his career, while Eric Demax is a rookie with a ton of potential. I can not see any situation where either of them would be removed in order to let a veteran, on the downward side of his career, take over the ride. If Mace were to make a move, it further proves that there is NO developmental system in place within the Sony Cup Series, to ensure the stability of the rides of rookies. It right now is the series biggest problem."

Perkins highlights, "I don't think Mace will make a move. There is no upside to him. Yes, he might win right away and score a victory quickly with Martin. However, he could drive a huge wedge toward any upcoming talent wanting to jump on board his team. If this move were to happen, and I don't think it will, the series has a new precedent set. Where teams can essentially do whatever they want, and force drivers to meet unrealistic expectations early in their career simply because there are in the shadow of decrepit veterans being past their prime trying to steal rides away."

Maddie Myatt:

Erin Perkins:

Sean Perkins:
f1fan
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down