Round 5 of Baer Field

Go down

Round 5 of Baer Field

Post by FUEL on April 7th 2018, 12:17 pm

It has been a while since the Sony Cup Series has raced at Baer Field here in Indiana but we are getting set and ready to have one heck of a show. Baer Field is home to the short track roots of the Sony Cup Series in what use to be a staple to the schedule... The SCS has sort of out grown Baer Field as Baer Field doesn't hold enough cars for the series however, in a unique format the series will be returning to Baer Field with hopes that the fans will come out to see one of it's old tracks reborn with the series' newest super stars.

How Baer Field Will Work

- The field will be split in half similar to how they are split in their Qualifying Sessions
- The starting grid is set off practice speeds for each session.
- The race will be scheduled for 225 laps however the fans and advertised distance for the viewers is a 300 lap race.
- 75 laps will be ran for Session 1 and Session 2.
- Top 12 in each session advances to the Final 150 lap Segment.
- Every driver that attempts will get credit for starting the race.
- For drivers who fail to finish Top 12... Their race will end early, 13th-21st finishers in the sessions will receive points.
- The way you finish in your segment will determine your starting position for the final 150 laps.
- The final segment will determine your winner of Round 5.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/FUELTheBandicoot

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 5 of Baer Field

Post by FUEL on April 7th 2018, 9:26 pm

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/FUELTheBandicoot

Back to top Go down

Post by FitzwaterAustralia59 on April 7th 2018, 11:06 pm

WELP no comment
FitzwaterAustralia59
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CJ Racing on April 7th 2018, 11:09 pm

Dodd, 19th: "Not the best of races for this #15 Oreo's Ford, but we got into the final segment and finished in the Top 20, and after the way this race went, that's probably not too bad(laughs). We'll take this beaten and battered car, get what's working off of it, and probably put some sheet metal up for charity haha."

Response to the Late Race Incident:
"As for what happened in the end, I had to look about 4 or 5 times, cause I wanted to make sure what I felt in the car was what was seen live. And look, if I had made a mistake, I would have absolutely taken fault for it, I'm a young driver, I know I will make mistakes from time to time.

But after watching the replay of what happened time and time again, all I saw was the same exact thing I felt in the race car: If anyone is at fault, it was the #97's(Jake Baskinger) fault for completely shoving me into and through the entire corner and ultimately wrecking me in front of the field. We went through the grass and I had almost no grip, and he just kept shoving me and pushing me, and pretty much jacked my rear tires up.

I respect Jake a lot, but he has been in this series long enough to know to check the facts and be more informed before he makes such an ignorant statement like that.

And hey, guess which team got the victory cause of it?"(Takes a swig of Tropicana orange juice and smiles)

2018 SCS: Driver of the #15 Oreo's Ford for Martin Motorsports
Wins: None(Yet Smile ...)
DNF's: Too Many
Amount of Fun: Priceless

Memorable Moments:
1st Daytona 500 win(as an owner); PNOCS S2 Daytona 500!! (As a Driver); 2-Time Daytona 500 Winner
S1 Duraflame National Racing Series CHAMP, S2 Hershey's Cup Series CHAMP, S3 DASCAR Martini Endurance Series CHAMP!

Motto: Always remember... WATCH OUT FOR THE ORANGE CONE!!
CJ Racing
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Finnish909 on April 7th 2018, 11:30 pm

Post-Race Interview:
Finguy: "...We had it... We had it and yet inches only felt like miles. The guy who won the race, is the guy who truly dominated. He played it right. He took the opportunity and took it and for the better... After what I did out there... Happy that 'Matt Rod' took it... I was there at his previous competing, I was there when he took it again. I have a lot of calls to take and a lot of apologies to come up with... A man possessed to do the impossible? Maybe that was me tonight. My little girl saw her daddy try to do the impossible... *Chuckle* ...Seeing her cry daddy didn't do it... It made me cry too... I want her one day to see me at Victory Lane... She's... Made this entire team better ever since the team started, two years ago... One day, she'll see her daddy in Victory Lane..."
Finnish909
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by f1fan on April 8th 2018, 12:19 am

Disregard

Last edited by f1fan on April 8th 2018, 12:33 am; edited 1 time in total

Maddie Myatt:

Erin Perkins:

Sean Perkins:
f1fan
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NRacer96 on April 8th 2018, 12:26 am

Bobby: Well this race sucked. I hope we never comeback here again in the future.

-Owner Of the World Stock Car Championship and driver of Audi Sport America.
-Owner of The International Online Racing League (IORL).
-Painter of Offline Host
NRacer96
Rookie
Rookie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr.YAMP on April 8th 2018, 9:01 am

Jordan Davis: Straight off the bat I love this track. I have many great memories here, but in this modern SCS era we don't need to returning to a track like this. SCS has been on a huge safety push for the past 3 years. Giving us safer cars in both the Cup Series and National Series. The fact that we would go to a track without a outside wall is beyond me. I was so scared I was just going to fly of the track that I was just driving to survive. This is also a concern for the fans. There was also such little room for our fans. Baerfield doesn't have the capacity to run races for a series this big.

In the end though it was a good day for our Advance Auto Parts Chevy. Got a top 10 which is something we needed. Off to the next track

Pokemon Cup Series Season 11 Champion
Mobil 1 Cup Series Season 10 Champion
Sony Cup Series 2016 Season Champion

Mr.YAMP

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DKurtis on April 8th 2018, 11:03 am

D. Kurtis: "Didn't expect to exceed my personal expectations for this track. I pretty much avoided as much conflict as I could and ran my own race. I consider 3rd a win, but it's a shame because we could've won the dang thing. Oh well, we'll hopefully snatch a win or two later on in the season, there are many races left for a reason. Very happy that my friend Matt Rodriguez got the win though, breaking a streak like that is worthwhile."

J. Kurtis: "We tried, but we'll persevere onto next week. Schwal has gotten his car into the top 35 in owner's points, so that a massive sign of improvement. We need to work on Hernandez's car so that he too can make more events."

2 time Sony Cup Series Champion and a Commentator for the Hardee's National Series

Owner of Kurtis Racing for the HNS (#14, #4), SCS, (#8, #4), and KR Subaru for ARCSOA (#19, #48).

DKurtis
Champion
Champion

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChMGwDuAN-NNXFdv9Bya1Lg

Back to top Go down

Post by JJRacer89 on April 8th 2018, 9:16 pm

Crying or Very sad

Although, I'd like to give a bunch of props to Silverfox for driving away after that huge flip
JJRacer89
Race Winner
Race Winner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum