Offline Host
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Qualifying Format

4 posters

Go down

New Qualifying Format Empty New Qualifying Format

Post by FUEL May 28th 2018, 12:57 pm

After some on going debate over the qualifying format, the series has decided to change up the qualifying format. The series had been using provisionals and running the field in separate qualifying session to determine the field. The change after the current qualifying system became more complicated than expected.

Here is what the new qualifying format will be. The Sony Cup Series will be using Qualifying Rounds to determine who wins the Sony Pole Award, Round 1 will determine positions, 25th-42nd. Round 2 will determine positions, 13th-24th. Round 3 which will be the final round of qualifying will determine positions, 1st-12th.

How will the series determine who makes the field? Everyone will attempt to make the 2nd Round of Qualifying at the same time and once Round 1 of Qualifying is finished we will not only determine who advances to Round 2 of Qualifying but we will also determine who misses the race. The fastest 42 drivers in the qualifying session will make the field while everyone slower than that will not make the race.

So basically, Round 1 of Qualifying will be a qualifying session within a qualifying session where drivers and teams are fighting to advance to the next round of qualifying while some drivers are trying to just time trail their way into the field.

This move may come as controversial as some teams and drivers have voiced their concerns and opinions on the matter already after hearing these news and we expect some teams and drivers will voice their opinion throughout the week leading up to Charlotte.

Simplistic Version

Qualifying Round 1: 1st-24th advance, Top 42 in the session makes the race. This session determines starting positions of 25th-42nd. Nobody is guaranteed into the race, everyone has to make the fastest 42. Past Champions Provisional is still rewarded to the most recent past champion not already in the field.

Qualifying Round 2:
1st-12th advance to fight for the Sony Pole Award. This session determines who will start in positions 13th-24th.

Qualifying Round 3: The fastest driver in this session wins the Sony Pole Award and earns a spot in the 2019 Sony Shootout. This session determines starting positions of 1st-12th.

Last edited by FUEL on May 29th 2018, 12:42 am; edited 3 times in total
FUEL
FUEL
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

https://www.youtube.com/FUELTheBandicoot

Back to top Go down

New Qualifying Format Empty Re: New Qualifying Format

Post by FitzwaterAustralia59 May 28th 2018, 2:33 pm

I like this format better
FitzwaterAustralia59
FitzwaterAustralia59
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

Back to top Go down

Post by day500champ1 May 28th 2018, 2:57 pm

Griffin: "I fully support this format. Fastest 42 should make the field. If you aren't in the fastest 42 you don't deserve to get a 'free pass' in."

day500champ1
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by f1fan May 28th 2018, 9:36 pm

Sean: Finally, a qualifying system that is understandable. The stewards are finally listening to us. THANK YOU!
f1fan
f1fan
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FitzwaterAustralia59 May 29th 2018, 12:49 am

f1fan wrote:Sean: Finally, a qualifying system that is understandable. The stewards are finally listening to us. THANK YOU!
Nah they listened to me I got my wish LOL
FitzwaterAustralia59
FitzwaterAustralia59
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum