Nick Mace returns to victory lane after an intense battle with D.J. Kurtis

Go down

Nick Mace returns to victory lane after an intense battle with D.J. Kurtis

Post by FUEL on June 11th 2018, 5:01 pm

Nick Mace, Season 14 Champion, was able to find victory circle for the first time in 34 races. The long winless drought for Mace ended with Mace holding back one of the best road ringers the sport has ever seen. Kurtis had won the Round of Road Atlanta in 2016 and 2017. Many people looked at Kurtis as the favorite as the 2-Time Champion moved from 10th place all the way up to 2nd after green flag pit stops. However, Nick Mace showed no sign of pressure as the road course master looked to over take Mace for his 2nd win of the season and win back to back road course races. Kurtis took many shots at Mace but Mace kept his head down and drove flawlessly in the final laps. Many said that if it had been anyone else leading that race then maybe Kurtis could have gotten by. Nick Mace showed championship material with his ability to capitalize on other's mistakes and turn it into a victory. Mace drove to his 29th career victory and first win of the year! This is Nick Mace's 12th season in a row he's won at least 1 race.

Nick Mace: "We are back! I knew it was only a matter of time. Our race team has been on rails recently and I'll tell you what we're going to be a major factor for this year's championship. Last year was an off year and we struggled but we are back. It doesn't get any better than this. They better watch out because they thought I was done but I'm only getting started with this year. We are going to add more wins and hopefully another championship."

I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/FUELTheBandicoot

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum