Luke Martin will retire after Michigan

Go down

Luke Martin will retire after Michigan

Post by FUEL on July 10th 2018, 11:44 am

It was announced earlier today that Luke Martin, driver of the No. 25 Chevy for Mace Enterprises, will step down from Sony Cup Series competition as a driver following his home race at Michigan. After failing to qualify for Sebring and falling relatively far out of the championship battle being 147 points back to the point leader, Martin has decided to step out of the car at his home race to make stepping away from his career a special one with family and friends gathering at Michigan to see him race one last time. 

Martin has ran 14 of the 17 races so far this season and sits in an impressive 8th in the points standings with 0 wins, 3 Top 5's and 7 Top 10 finishes. Martin has ran 414 races in his career and has scored 20 career victories along the way.

I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/FUELTheBandicoot

Back to top Go down

Re: Luke Martin will retire after Michigan

Post by FUEL on July 10th 2018, 11:52 am

Luke Martin was asked the question if Michigan was going to be it or if the opportunity presented itself if he would get back in the car for the Daytona 500 or the Shootout (which he's qualified for)

Martin stated that "I guess we'll just have to wait and see when next season comes around and if there's a ride for me out there. I don't want to really say I'm retiring then come and run the 500 every year but the Daytona 500 is a special race that I've always wanted to win so that might be a race I would like to run in but I'm not sure at this moment. My focus is on my team and trying to help my son in his career."

I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/FUELTheBandicoot

Back to top Go down