Qualifying System to change for 2019

Go down

Qualifying System to change for 2019

Post by FUEL on September 13th 2018, 2:20 pm

After much debate within the officials and teams on the grid the Sony Cup Series for the 2019 Season will be returning to rewarding the Top 30 in Owner Points a guaranteed starting spot for the races. Teams outside the Top 30 in Owner Points will be in a seperate qualifying session before main qualifying and the Top 12 "Go or Go Homers" will qualify for the race, and if there is a past champion in Knock-Out Qualifying that fails to qualify in the Top 12 to make the field -- The Top 11 will make the field off speed and the final starting position will be rewarded to the most recent past champion. (A driver will only be allowed to use 6 Past Champion Provisional over the course of one full-season.)

Once the 42 teams are determined for the race weekend, main qualifying will take place. The series will revert back to it's original format of qualifying and will be retracting the qualifying sessions that we currently do for 2018. After much discussions the series has decided to revert back to it's original qualifying format of all 42 cars taking time in a single hot lap run.

I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/FUELTheBandicoot

Back to top Go down

Re: Qualifying System to change for 2019

Post by FUEL on September 13th 2018, 2:24 pm

Heading into 2019, Top 30 in Owner Points from the 2018 Season will be locked into the first 5 races of the year. Team's that aren't returning or shutting down are allowed to give their owner points to another team that may be outside the Top 30 in Owner Points. This is a new system the series is implementing. It is rumored that Kurtis Racing, Rodriguez Racing, CM Racing, FUEL Brothers Racing and others are in keen interest towards wanting to buy out another team's owner points that plan on shutting down or closing post-2018.

I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/FUELTheBandicoot

Back to top Go down

Re: Qualifying System to change for 2019

Post by FitzwaterAustralia59 on September 13th 2018, 4:01 pm

Very satasfied with this ruling
FitzwaterAustralia59
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

View user profile

Back to top Go down