Offline Host
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurtis Racing & CM Racing To Run Joint One-Off Car for the 2019 SCS Daytona 500!

2 posters

Go down

Daytona - Kurtis Racing & CM Racing To Run Joint One-Off Car for the 2019 SCS Daytona 500! Empty Kurtis Racing & CM Racing To Run Joint One-Off Car for the 2019 SCS Daytona 500!

Post by CJ Racing October 10th 2018, 8:00 pm

In continuing the partnership that Kurtis Racing and CM Racing have, growing their alliance from the Hardee's National Series to the Sony Cup Series in 2019, the 2 teams have announced that that they will be running a joint one-off car for the 2019 SCS Daytona 500... The driver of that one-off car will be...

Eugene Demax! Yes, you heard that correctly, Season 11 SCS Champion Eugene Demax will be coming out of retirement and returning for a one-off Daytona 500 ride, in a special throwback scheme to his Season 7 ride. The 21-Time SCS winner will be driving the #33 GM Certified Service Chevy(officially under the Kurtis Racing team for Owners Points), continuing the growing number of veteran drivers returning for one more race at Daytona.

Tommy Turbo(President/CEO of CM Racing): “We are very excited to be running a joint one-off car with Kurtis Racing, and even more excited to have Eugene Demax be that driver, running a very cool scheme that is based off part of his legacy. His SCS career is among the very best in the series, and we are going to give him every opportunity to have one last great ride.”

Joseph Kurtis(CEO of Kurtis Racing): “It’s so good to see the recognition our teams have been getting, and when Demax wanted to assist us, we were more than honored. Even though it may be a one-off, we do hope he can represent our teams in a good manner. We will do the best we can in order to see if he could potentially obtain a 500 victory. Whether he does well or not, this is such a big deal for us as an alliance."

Eugene Demax: "I know that this announcement of me actually coming back was totally unexpected for everyone. But since the likes of Richard Johnson, Luke Martin, the Hart brothers and such have basically done one-offs after their full time retirement to run the 500, I'd figured, why should I miss the party? So I decided to give it one last shot to win the most prestigious stock car race in history. The Daytona 500."
CJ Racing
CJ Racing
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

Back to top Go down

Daytona - Kurtis Racing & CM Racing To Run Joint One-Off Car for the 2019 SCS Daytona 500! Empty Re: Kurtis Racing & CM Racing To Run Joint One-Off Car for the 2019 SCS Daytona 500!

Post by FitzwaterAustralia59 October 10th 2018, 8:15 pm

I never saw this coming at all
FitzwaterAustralia59
FitzwaterAustralia59
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum