Offline Host
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Season 1 Slim Jim Lites Round 1: Las Vegas

2 posters

Go down

SEASON - Season 1 Slim Jim Lites Round 1: Las Vegas Empty Season 1 Slim Jim Lites Round 1: Las Vegas

Post by ChrisLouviere February 11th 2019, 5:13 pm

Slim Jim Lites is Born

The Slim Jim Series officials brought out the Mountain Dew Junior Series and its assets to create Slim Jim Lites. Its rules are going to be similar to the Slim Jim Series including points system. Some drivers from the old Junior Series are returning like Makoto Yoshizawa and Shrimp Engrits. Drivers like Christopher Bryant, Junior Series champion and Allisa Kirby left the Junior Series to participate in either IES or Slim Jim Series. With this news breaking out, a lot of new teams and manufacturers are taking the opportunity to participate in Slim Jim Lites. 49 drivers will participate for each weekend which includes a whopping 27 rookies. Top 30 in owner points from last season will automatically be racing in the main event for the first three races. The rest of the field would have to race their way in via heat race.

Yoshizawa, Engrits, Praxis, Everett Are Favorites To Win Championship

All four of these drivers raced at least one official race in IES or Slim Jim Series. You could make a case for Brandon Lightning, Brandon Barnes, or Jesse Garcia, but their talent is no match against the Big Four. Here is where they stack up and my prediction where they are going to be next season.

Makoto Yoshizawa raced in the old Junior Series won a couple of races last year. He is poised to go for another crack at the championship. He is also a former Slim Jim Series driver, but a lot has changed since the series first started. It is an open secret that Makoto Yoshizawa is projected to drive for The Wrecking Balls in the Slim Jim Series next year.

Shrimp Engrits is one of the last drivers left from the old Junior Series. Despite a great season, Hamilton has not promoted Engrits to IES or even Slim Jim Series. While Engrits is the prime favorite out of the Big Four, Engrits want to show his owner that he can compete at the high level. I predict Engrits will be promoted to Hamilton's Slim Jim Series program.

Baron Praxis is a good driver, but he needs to get to a higher series quick. Praxis pulled a good season last year while having some interesting moments. Also, Praxis drives for Boost Autosports, not Maverick GP. While Maverick GP's lineup of Kurtis Rundas and rookie Jessica Munroe is good, it is not as potent like the past two previous years. I am not doubting Maverick GP, but it gives Praxis a much bigger outlook than what most people think. With Boost-Maverick alliance, it is unknown what team Praxis will race for. I still project Praxis to come to a higher series next year.

Danny Everett is the last addition to the Slim Jim Lites field. He was not cut from an IES team. He was demoted to this series, remaining with Shelly United Motors. With three years of IES experience, Everett is instantly a title contender. Yeah, no crap. It is almost like having a relative coming over to play poker. Then later, he is a poker champion and is constantly kicking everyone's butts. Everett is weird to project his stock. He is going to have a good season with better equipment, but is he going back to IES or going to enter the Slim Jim Series? With the Hamilton-Shelly alliance, what are you going to do? Maybe Everett will go back to IES.

Insane Finish in Vegas Heat Race

For the first half of the 14-lap heat race, it was rather calm. Then the final seven laps were nuts. Everyone is shoving each other out of the way to get into the top 12. However, it caused that involved rookie Eric Monaco and Berger Etandahl. The heat race ended under caution. Here are the results below. The top 12 are locked in for the main race.

LAS VEGAS HEAT RACE:

I lost the qualifying results for the official race due to an overwrite situtation. But I know the polesitter at least. The polesitter is Danny Everett. The race will be out in the next day or two.
ChrisLouviere
ChrisLouviere
Crew Man
Crew Man

Back to top Go down

SEASON - Season 1 Slim Jim Lites Round 1: Las Vegas Empty Re: Season 1 Slim Jim Lites Round 1: Las Vegas

Post by ChrisLouviere February 16th 2019, 7:53 pm

I forgot to mention that the Lites race is out. Hehe, my mad.
ChrisLouviere
ChrisLouviere
Crew Man
Crew Man

Back to top Go down

SEASON - Season 1 Slim Jim Lites Round 1: Las Vegas Empty Re: Season 1 Slim Jim Lites Round 1: Las Vegas

Post by FitzwaterAustralia59 February 19th 2019, 1:36 am

Henrietta: Top 20 finish
FitzwaterAustralia59
FitzwaterAustralia59
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down