Offline Host
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NASCAR 2016 Discussion

+15
nirvanafan
DKurtis
Rykia
GabryelCaruaru
Rovenami
MrKyleCollins
day500champ1
MrKyleBusch1
Finnish909
Mr.YAMP
RedViperGaming
DarkVoid718
CJ Racing
McBlair
f1fan
19 posters

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

nascar - NASCAR 2016 Discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: NASCAR 2016 Discussion

Post by Rovenami February 22nd 2016, 1:32 pm

f1fan wrote:Despite the good finish, race was crap. Cars were racing like they were in NASCAR 15.
Barring the numerous glitches in NASCAR '15.
Rovenami
Rovenami
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by McBlair February 22nd 2016, 1:38 pm

CJ Racing wrote:@Collins: I very much dislike last lap wrecks, and today we saw why, imagine if they would have wrecked coming off of turn 1, we never would have seen that amazing finish.

@F1fan: I actually enjoyed the race, except for the ridiculous amount of commercials. The issue today wasn't the package(which was actually fun to watch from 7th on back), it was the fact that there were 4 Toyota's(5 at the end of the race) who had really good cars that decided to stay together, which didn't allow anyone to make any type of move on the outside. There really isn't a way to change that except through tandem drafting(which is never gonna happen). And I've already stated my opinion about that...
@Dodd (I do know everyone has opinions, I just want to join in on the debate). Last lap crashes were always the best, who cares about the amazing finish, the last lap crash would've made the finish x10 better then it was. But w/o the last lap crash it was truthfully average for a Daytona finish but still better then most other tracks finishers. I believe the SCS Daytona 500 was a better race Razz
McBlair
McBlair
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by RedViperGaming February 22nd 2016, 8:29 pm

That was the best Daytona Finish in my opinion! Truex Jr. should have won it though.
RedViperGaming
RedViperGaming
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkVoid718 February 22nd 2016, 8:36 pm

Right, a Truex victory would've been cool but my family and I made race picks and I chose Hamlin. So, that was kinda cool for me!

DarkVoid718
Crew Chief
Crew Chief

https://www.youtube.com/user/DarkVoid718

Back to top Go down

Post by CJ Racing February 24th 2016, 10:10 am

http://www.foxsports.com/nascar/story/stewart-haas-racing-switching-chevrolet-to-ford-sprint-cup-series-2017-022416

Wow is all I can say right now...
CJ Racing
CJ Racing
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by f1fan February 24th 2016, 3:23 pm

CJ Racing wrote:http://www.foxsports.com/nascar/story/stewart-haas-racing-switching-chevrolet-to-ford-sprint-cup-series-2017-022416

I think this went down like this...

Hendrick didn't want someone beating them with their own equipment. So they kicked SHR to the curb. TRD didn't want SHR because they throw all their eggs in the JGR/Furnature Row Brigade. Plus they also have a lot of the underling teams to worry about.

So all that is left is Ford. Penske doesn't want to give SHR their engines because they are afraid that Harvick and Kurt Busch would beat their two drivers. So the only option left is to buy the lowly Roush Yates motor, which to be honest has been absolute crap for the past couple of years.
f1fan
f1fan
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by f1fan February 24th 2016, 3:24 pm

GabryelCaruaru wrote:
f1fan wrote:Xfinity race!

what you want to say?

The Xfinity race was boring.
f1fan
f1fan
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CJ Racing February 24th 2016, 3:49 pm

f1fan wrote:
CJ Racing wrote:http://www.foxsports.com/nascar/story/stewart-haas-racing-switching-chevrolet-to-ford-sprint-cup-series-2017-022416

Hendrick didn't want someone beating them with their own equipment. So they kicked SHR to the curb. TRD didn't want SHR because they throw all their eggs in the JGR/Furnature Row Brigade. Plus they also have a lot of the underling teams to worry about.

So all that is left is Ford. Penske doesn't want to give SHR their engines because they are afraid that Harvick and Kurt Busch would beat their two drivers. So the only option left is to buy the lowly Roush Yates motor, which to be honest has been absolute crap for the past couple of years.

Umm... Your wrong on all 3 accounts(probably because you were joking around....)
1. They left from FORD to Chevy mainly because FORD paid more, and it allowed them to be the #1 FORD team, instead of the #2(or even #3) Chevy team.
2. The reason why Tony Stewart left JGR is because they went to Toyota. He doesn't like Toyota at all, so he wouldn't have gone with them even if they did have room.
3. Actually, all the FORD teams use Roush-Yates Engines, even Penske, however Penske makes their own chassis as well as improves on those engines(or so it seems). SHR is also gonna make their own chassis, so expect them to be about as good(if not slightly better than) Penske.
CJ Racing
CJ Racing
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest February 24th 2016, 3:49 pm

I'm happy that SHR doesn't have to drive those diabolical Chevrolets

Back to top Go down

Post by CJ Racing February 24th 2016, 3:54 pm

Read top to bottom... Smile Smile Smile

Fast
Only
Rolling
Downhill

This
One
You
Oughta
Tow
Away

CJ Racing
CJ Racing
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest February 24th 2016, 3:55 pm

Wow you Chevy bandwagon lol. Welp then there's Dodge.

Back to top Go down

Post by CJ Racing February 24th 2016, 4:23 pm

Been a Chevy fan since February 18th, 2001, I ain't no bandwagon fan!

And Dodge... Well... RIP....
CJ Racing
CJ Racing
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

Back to top Go down

Post by f1fan February 24th 2016, 4:40 pm

CJ Racing wrote:
f1fan wrote:

Umm... Your wrong on all 3 accounts(probably because you were joking around....)
1. They left from FORD to Chevy mainly because FORD paid more, and it allowed them to be the #1 FORD team, instead of the #2(or even #3) Chevy team.
2. The reason why Tony Stewart left JGR is because they went to Toyota. He doesn't like Toyota at all, so he wouldn't have gone with them even if they did have room.
3. Actually, all the FORD teams use Roush-Yates Engines, even Penske, however Penske makes their own chassis as well as improves on those engines(or so it seems). SHR is also gonna make their own chassis, so expect them to be about as good(if not slightly better than) Penske.

1. I highly doubt that there was a payment thing. I think the team will make more money off winning races with a proven formula then jumping ship to Ford.

2. You may be right on this... However I can't ignore the fact that Toyota probably wants another team. Right now I have more faith in Toyota then Ford.

3. My mistakes, Penske does use Roush engines. However claiming that SHR will be better then Penske is a bit pie in the sky. I do not think they will acclimate well to the Ford. With that said, I think they will be better then Roush. But Penske? No.
f1fan
f1fan
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by f1fan February 24th 2016, 4:47 pm

Honestly, this proves my point that NASCAR needs four manufactures. Whether it be Dodge returning, or Honda, or hell even Kia. I think there needs to be a fourth manufacture. Because now we are getting into the realm of teams trying to divide their resources among their top line teams, leaving the smaller operations struggling. Hence why you see a team like HScott or even Furniture Row consistently change manufactures.

My prediction is, one of the current Ford Teams is going to have to switch. I would honestly think that Front Row would be the first to go and test the waters somewhere else, preferably Toyota. Right now, Front Row Motorsports is a B-Spec team for Roush. Which is like being on the Baghdad Junior Varsity Swim team. If they jumped ship to Toyota, they could be a great driver development pool for Toyota drivers. People like Erik Jones who will most likely be a future star in NASCAR. Problem is, Erik has no where to go and gain Sprint Cup Experience. Unless Hamlin gets hurt again.
f1fan
f1fan
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CJ Racing February 24th 2016, 4:49 pm

1. No, it is always about the $$$, that and the ability to be the #1 FORD team. Plus, there is a rumor that FORD may be coming back to F1, so that might be a part of this as well. And don't worry, they'll win just as many races, no matter which manufacture.

2. I think Toyota is good right now with the amount of teams, especially since it looks like Furniture Row is going to become a 2-car team next year.

3. Hey, Penske acclimated well when they left Dodge to go to FORD, I don't think SHR will have much trouble getting used to it. The bigger question is, which driver lineup is better? In that case, it's Penske(I count Ryan Blamey as Penske too).

Plus, now Danica and Ricky can get married, now that they'll both run FORDS!! LOL...
CJ Racing
CJ Racing
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

Back to top Go down

Post by CJ Racing February 24th 2016, 4:53 pm

f1fan wrote:Honestly, this proves my point that NASCAR needs four manufactures. Whether it be Dodge returning, or Honda, or hell even Kia. I think there needs to be a fourth manufacture. Because now we are getting into the realm of teams trying to divide their resources among their top line teams, leaving the smaller operations struggling. Hence why you see a team like HScott or even Furniture Row consistently change manufactures.

My prediction is, one of the current Ford Teams is going to have to switch. I would honestly think that Front Row would be the first to go and test the waters somewhere else, preferably Toyota. Right now, Front Row Motorsports is a B-Spec team for Roush. Which is like being on the Baghdad Junior Varsity Swim team. If they jumped ship to Toyota, they could be a great driver development pool for Toyota drivers. People like Erik Jones who will most likely be a future star in NASCAR. Problem is, Erik has no where to go and gain Sprint Cup Experience. Unless Hamlin gets hurt again.

One problem with FRM leaving is that they just made a deal with Roush and they have Roush's driver(Chris Buscher). Also, Erik Jones is almost guaranteed to go to Furniture Row sometime in the next year or two as the second car for that team, that's already been talked about by many reporters. And FYI: Back in the day, teams used to switch manufactures almost every year!
CJ Racing
CJ Racing
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

Back to top Go down

Post by f1fan February 28th 2016, 1:25 pm

This race is already better than Daytona.
f1fan
f1fan
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McBlair February 28th 2016, 2:18 pm

I feel bad for JH Nemechek, he's already won two races in his career and both without sponsorships. I mean how tf does nobody want to give him a fulltime sponsorship???
McBlair
McBlair
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by day500champ1 February 28th 2016, 4:49 pm

f1fan wrote:This race is already better than Daytona.

That race wasn't better than Daytona. Not miles worse, but not better.

day500champ1
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkVoid718 February 28th 2016, 5:58 pm

McBlair wrote:I feel bad for JH Nemechek, he's already won two races in his career and both without sponsorships. I mean how tf does nobody want to give him a fulltime sponsorship???
Not to mention winning the Most Popular Driver award as well.

DarkVoid718
Crew Chief
Crew Chief

https://www.youtube.com/user/DarkVoid718

Back to top Go down

Post by f1fan February 29th 2016, 8:02 pm

Once again... today is a great day to be an IndyCar fan!

http://nascar.nbcsports.com/2016/02/29/nascar-chairman-brian-france-drivers-endorse-donald-trump-at-rally/?utm_network=facebook&utm_post=5251162&utm_source=FB%20-%20NBC%20Sports&utm_tags=srm%5Bnascar%5D

f1fan
f1fan
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CJ Racing February 29th 2016, 9:46 pm

Umm... Not to be rude or anything... But what does one's political preference have ANYTHING to do with sports??? I mean seriously, did anyone complain when Richard Pretty endorsed Ben Carson? Keep racing and political nonsense separate please... Seesh!
CJ Racing
CJ Racing
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

Back to top Go down

Post by f1fan February 29th 2016, 10:03 pm

CJ Racing wrote:Umm... Not to be rude or anything... But what does one's political preference have ANYTHING to do with sports??? I mean seriously, did anyone complain when Richard Pretty endorsed Ben Carson?  Keep racing and political nonsense separate please... Seesh!

The problem with it is, is the way they went about it. It was very clear that the implications (Even Trump said it) were that the ENTIRE cooperation supports Trump! If it had just been France, he wouldn't have had a huge moment getting Bill & Chase Elliott out there along with Newman. Secondly, as a leader of a sports series, it is highly advisable to avoid stating your political opinion because it might isolate your fan base. Petty can come out and endorse Carson, that's fine. However, Trump and France made it look like the ENTIRE ORGANIZATION, supports Trump, which is a highly idiotic thing to do.
f1fan
f1fan
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next