Offline Host
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Perkins, "Series needs to mandate team restructuring heading into 2017"

+8
Mr.YAMP
FUEL
RedViperGaming
McBlair
LHP14Florida
CJ Racing
RocketKnight
f1fan
12 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Perkins, "Series needs to mandate team restructuring heading into 2017" - Page 3 Empty Re: Perkins, "Series needs to mandate team restructuring heading into 2017"

Post by f1fan January 20th 2016, 3:40 pm

CJ Racing wrote:I am sure almost any system would "work" with time, but the way it is now is fine with me.

And I have no problem doing it out in the open, that is why I like the idea of doing an Ebay-Style auction and giving teams a set amount of points based off how they ran the year before. Put out a driver list, "bid" on the driver(s) we want, get the drama you so desired, and do it all on this forum.

I kind of like that...

Although I do see a problem though... People buying their own drivers for like 1 point. So I think there would have to be a rule that we can't hire our own drivers.
f1fan
f1fan
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Perkins, "Series needs to mandate team restructuring heading into 2017" - Page 3 Empty Re: Perkins, "Series needs to mandate team restructuring heading into 2017"

Post by CJ Racing January 20th 2016, 3:47 pm

Then if someone wants to bid more, they can.

But again, it goes back to the same thing. I want to drive for my own team, so maybe as team owners we would say before the bidding whether or not we would be driving for our own team, and deduct points based off of that. For me, since I am a single-car team, it wouldn't hurt me since the max I could grow into by next year is a 2 car team(depends on how I run this year, doubtful).
CJ Racing
CJ Racing
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr.YAMP January 20th 2016, 3:59 pm

I don't think people can't drive for their own team. Now Jake Baskinger, Eric Burton, Kyle Collins, Nick Pericles, and me are people who don't do it, and we have our separate reasons, but i mean some people like to play it safe and hire themselves that way they know they have a ride. I completely understand that. I mean look at people like Mallik Nevins. I don't think he would get a ride after how terrible he did last season. So Fisher played it safe and kept him on his personal team. You don't know how badly i wanted to hire either Jacob Hart or Jordan Fisher. Yet people play it safe with their drivers.

Now back to the sign-ups. I think we can make everything public. I know I hired both Charles Sandfer and James Silverfox in secrecy, but that's also because we changed forums 3 times. I think we could make it a rule where the driver has to post a comment in order to be hired. (Unless we have people like Nick Mace and James Silverfox who rather not be on the forum. In that case Noah would have to post for them like he usually does.) That would kinda help everyone have a fair shot.
Mr.YAMP
Mr.YAMP

Back to top Go down

Post by CJ Racing January 20th 2016, 4:07 pm

I like that idea of having the driver comment to be able to be hired!

For me, it isn't so much playing it safe as it is allowing me build a better, smoother storyline, and not have to be spread out between different teams and drivers.
CJ Racing
CJ Racing
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr.YAMP January 20th 2016, 4:26 pm

I like that we are able to sit here and debate this like civilized men, and CJ is bringing up good points even being new to this group. Just makes me feel good.
Mr.YAMP
Mr.YAMP

Back to top Go down

Post by CJ Racing January 20th 2016, 4:29 pm

Mr.YAMP wrote:I like that we are able to sit here and debate this like civilized men, and CJ is bringing up good points even being new to this group. Just makes me feel good.

Thank you! I am sorry that we had a rough start when I first joined, and I am glad to see that we are working things out. I respect both you and Kenny, and I am glad to be able to even put in a little bit of input. I have become a big fan of these NR2003 series, and especially the ones that have this much discussion and participation. Thank you!
CJ Racing
CJ Racing
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

Back to top Go down

Post by f1fan January 20th 2016, 4:58 pm

You don't do it on the forum though... you do it on a YouTube video. I know there are a lot of people in SCS that don't come on here!
f1fan
f1fan
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CJ Racing January 20th 2016, 5:10 pm

f1fan wrote:You don't do it on the forum though... you do it on a YouTube video. I know there are a lot of people in SCS that don't come on here!

Ugh... That is my point. Keep it in the forum, give a notice on YT, I can put it on the NNSCRA FB page, but just leave it here. It is cleaner, smoother, and better that way. We have enough people on this forum right now to fill most of the spots anyway.
CJ Racing
CJ Racing
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr.YAMP January 20th 2016, 5:31 pm

^^^^
Plus it those people who are only on YouTube usually contact Noah. I would not of know Michael White was racing if it wasn't for Noah saying he contacted him.
Mr.YAMP
Mr.YAMP

Back to top Go down

Post by f1fan January 20th 2016, 5:34 pm

CJ Racing wrote:
f1fan wrote:You don't do it on the forum though... you do it on a YouTube video. I know there are a lot of people in SCS that don't come on here!

Ugh... That is my point. Keep it in the forum, give a notice on YT, I can put it on the NNSCRA FB page, but just leave it here. It is cleaner, smoother, and better that way. We have enough people on this forum right now to fill most of the spots anyway.

Actually no it is easier at least from a driver perspective. When a team owner replies to a driver, they immediately see it right under the original comment. I can imagine that, the topic would get really congested with offers because replies are done in chronological order rather then by who the original comment was. The YouTube video makes it easier. Besides, Noah, and myself for that matter are often looking for new blood in the series to replace someone that may become disenchanted with the community further down the line.
f1fan
f1fan
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr.YAMP January 20th 2016, 5:38 pm

I will say that YouTube is cleaner, but you can also do that on facebook. Now where you can reply to comments. Anyways new people are finding the series. CJ is an example of that. Also is Dajon Weeks, William Brock, and Levi Pascoe. So the forum is not this fortress that no one new can't enter.
Mr.YAMP
Mr.YAMP

Back to top Go down

Post by f1fan January 20th 2016, 5:40 pm

I just think we should do it the traditional way... We know it works, it will be cleaner, and I think we may get some added attention to the league.

I know when I posted American 700 One off sign ups, I practically got 15 extra people involved with the series that wouldn't have otherwise been apart.
f1fan
f1fan
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr.YAMP January 20th 2016, 5:46 pm

That's the thing I am worried about that I've had Noah take precautions for. We had a lot of people wanting to race this year. We only have I believe 2 people who have more than one driver in the full-time set. There are a lot of vets and a lot of rookies that want in and it's hard to please both. That's why it works on the forum, because you don't get the fly by night type of guys who wanna be in the races but not put in the work.

Also I just thought of this. How would Part-Time teams work? That was somethin introduced because of how it easy it was to do on forums.
Mr.YAMP
Mr.YAMP

Back to top Go down

Post by CJ Racing January 20th 2016, 5:46 pm

Just quote each other, like you just did with my comment. It isn't difficult, there are only going to be a max of 6-7 pages to go through(that is about as far as we go with any of the signups on this forum anyway). And if it really got "congested" with offers, then that would mean that it worked.

Again, I found this forum through a YT video just like I have been talking about, so it would work, and if people have a problem signing up to the forum, then what you said about "bringing in new blood" wouldn't apply cause they wouldn't actually be joining the community. They would just be signing up to another series just like any old series on YT.
CJ Racing
CJ Racing
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

Back to top Go down

Post by CJ Racing January 20th 2016, 5:49 pm

f1fan wrote:I just think we should do it the traditional way... We know it works, it will be cleaner, and I think we may get some added attention to the league.

I know when I posted American 700 One off sign ups, I practically got 15 extra people involved with the series that wouldn't have otherwise been apart.

Not exactly... How many of them actually signed up to stay in the forum? To keep participating? How many of those people got an Indy 250 spot? They didn't get involved in the series, they simply signed up for a one-off race in a series, and probably won't watch any of the other races since they aren't in them.
CJ Racing
CJ Racing
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

Back to top Go down

Post by f1fan January 20th 2016, 5:50 pm

I do not think the majority of people already in the SCS will lose their rides next year. Unless you don't give a crap about SCS. The people on this forum, would get rides. I am really worried about using the forum. Because I can already see drivers passing up offers because they can't find them.

If I were to take a guess as well, we will have more then 42 cars next year. I think we have enough people that we can do it on YouTube. I am telling you the Forum would a NIGHTMARE!
f1fan
f1fan
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CJ Racing January 20th 2016, 5:51 pm

Mr.YAMP wrote:That's the thing I am worried about that I've had Noah take precautions for. We had a lot of people wanting to race this year.

And all on this forum!
CJ Racing
CJ Racing
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

Back to top Go down

Post by f1fan January 20th 2016, 5:51 pm

CJ Racing wrote:
f1fan wrote:I just think we should do it the traditional way... We know it works, it will be cleaner, and I think we may get some added attention to the league.

Not exactly... How many of them actually signed up to stay in the forum? To keep participating? How many of those people got an Indy 250 spot? They didn't get involved in the series, they simply signed up for a one-off race in a series, and probably won't watch any of the other races since they aren't in them.

Grayson Acevedo seems really committed. As does Matt Daleo. Daleo I do not think is even on the forum. Not sure though.
f1fan
f1fan
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr.YAMP January 20th 2016, 5:54 pm

Daleo was on the SCS forum. Don't know if he has moved over.
Mr.YAMP
Mr.YAMP

Back to top Go down

Post by CJ Racing January 20th 2016, 5:55 pm

f1fan wrote:I do not think the majority of people already in the SCS will lose their rides next year. Unless you don't give a crap about SCS. The people on this forum, would get rides. I am really worried about using the forum. Because I can already see drivers passing up offers because they can't find them.

If I were to take a guess as well, we will have more then 42 cars next year. I think we have enough people that we can do it on YouTube. I am telling you the Forum would a NIGHTMARE!

But how about people that live in ompletely different time zones, or work/go to school during that time? They are going to miss the signups and not be able to join.

And if drivers pass up offers because they can't find them, then they aren't doing a very good job reading through the comments then...
CJ Racing
CJ Racing
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

Back to top Go down

Post by CJ Racing January 20th 2016, 5:55 pm

One thing I will say:

I AM SO GLAD we have almost a whole year to figure this out!!

Last edited by CJ Racing on January 20th 2016, 5:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
CJ Racing
CJ Racing
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr.YAMP January 20th 2016, 5:56 pm

We had over 42 this year. It all worked out. In Season 13 i think we had like 55 people wanted rides on the forum.
Mr.YAMP
Mr.YAMP

Back to top Go down

Post by f1fan January 20th 2016, 6:27 pm

We made time zones work back in the day. I think if we do a Youtube video, it will run a whole lot smoother. I think the overall opinion on here is that people want it on the forum because there is a better chance of getting a ride. I don't see it that way. The way I see it, is the people who comment and show a general interest, will get rides! I do not think the people that aren't on the forum will come on here or respond with Noah. So that SHOULD eliminate the idea of it here
f1fan
f1fan
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CJ Racing January 20th 2016, 6:39 pm

f1fan wrote:We made time zones work back in the day. I think if we do a Youtube video, it will run a whole lot smoother. I think the overall opinion on here is that people want it on the forum because there is a better chance of getting a ride. I don't see it that way. The way I see it, is the people who comment and show a general interest, will get rides! I do not think the people that aren't on the forum will come on here or respond with Noah. So that SHOULD eliminate the idea of it here

No, I prefer it stay on the forum, that way, just as I signed up, that other people have to actually be interested in joining the community and want to join, not just sign up for any old series. I have signed up to series where there are like 30+ people sign up, and then when it comes to actually watch the races less than a 1/2 dozen comment. There needs to be a commitment to at least keep up with what's going on, which is what signing up to the forum does.

Unless you just want to make this like any other YT series of course....
CJ Racing
CJ Racing
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

Back to top Go down

Post by f1fan January 20th 2016, 6:49 pm

CJ Racing wrote:
f1fan wrote:We made time zones work back in the day. I think if we do a Youtube video, it will run a whole lot smoother. I think the overall opinion on here is that people want it on the forum because there is a better chance of getting a ride. I don't see it that way. The way I see it, is the people who comment and show a general interest, will get rides! I do not think the people that aren't on the forum will come on here or respond with Noah. So that SHOULD eliminate the idea of it here

No, I prefer it stay on the forum, that way, just as I signed up, that other people have to actually be interested in joining the community and want to join, not just sign up for any old series. I have signed up to series where there are like 30+ people sign up, and then when it comes to actually watch the races less than a 1/2 dozen comment. There needs to be a commitment to at least keep up with what's going on, which is what signing up to the forum does.

Unless you just want to make this like any other YT series of course....

How do you suppose we get people involved then. We have to give them a chance somehow. The Youtube Video will do that. At least when I looked into hiring a newbie, I looked at how involved the user was with other NR2003 leagues. If team owners do their due diligence, we will have a strong line up of Returning members and newbies. Plus I do not buy the fact that people stumble on here... Most people watching I would reckon don't even know it exists.

Also it is also unfair to have them on the forum, because there are members that are not on the forum. Daleo, Steven Jenkins, Sean Harple, Psycho Ghost, Demax, Acosta, Dr. Koala's, Aaron Taylor barely gets on, Llamas, Micheal White... etc.

It will be more organized, fairer to those not on the forum, encourages new "quality" people by doing it on YouTube.

I think you'd see a BIG falloff on the amount of different people involved if we do it on here!
f1fan
f1fan
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next