Turner-Fenway Racing thread

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Turner-Fenway Racing thread

Post by JJRacer89 on April 25th 2017, 7:30 pm

Alright Noah just made a post on this but I'll still bring the message here. So the exact plan with the #16 ride will go like this. Caleb will make his debut at South Boston, then race the next two super speedways at Texas World and Talladega. James will take over and make his debut at Martinsville, then he'll finish his stint with the two road courses at Road Atlanta and Cleveland. Hope to debut a new paint scheme with these guys as well.

JJRacer89
Race Winner
Race Winner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by FitzwaterAustralia59 on April 25th 2017, 8:51 pm

Wish them luck. Just don't wreck the veterans whatever you do
FitzwaterAustralia59
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JJRacer89 on April 30th 2017, 2:14 pm

Back home after racing at South Boston last night. Despite us racing at a short track, most of us were able to stay patient and be there when it counted (except for me, oh well). Nice job by Luke to get the best finish out of the four of us, in 3rd. But the guy I'm most impressed with is Caleb Hoffman. Started in 13th, stayed on the lead lap all night, avoided Perkins' big crash, and finished 4th in his first ever SCS start. Hope you keep on rockin' in your next two starts in the Sunny D car!

Martin - 3rd
Hoffman - 4th
Baskinger - 10th
Turner - 19th

JJRacer89
Race Winner
Race Winner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by FitzwaterAustralia59 on April 30th 2017, 6:22 pm

Great run by Hoffman
FitzwaterAustralia59
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JJRacer89 on May 7th 2017, 7:04 pm

Back to the big speedway at Texas World for the 13th race of the year. First career pole for me, yay! But we all ran strong for most of the race. Jeffery Lynn slid up on Caleb and caused a wreck, so that wasn't cool. For the other three of us, I'm happy that we all got to have a nice afternoon.

Turner - 5th
Martin - 7th
Baskinger - 10th
Hoffman - 16th

JJRacer89
Race Winner
Race Winner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JJRacer89 on May 21st 2017, 1:56 pm

A little late for this, but oh well. We had a great day at Talladega! Working together with Jake in the final laps was super cool. Both of us were able to save fuel and hold of D.J. to get a 1-2 finish. Caleb, glad that you had fun in the #16 for a little while. I'm confident we'll keep the momentum going and do good at Martinsville next week.

Baskinger - WIN
Turner - 2nd
Hoffman - 26th
Martin - 29th

JJRacer89
Race Winner
Race Winner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JJRacer89 on June 3rd 2017, 9:41 pm

The HNS drivers stopped at Richmond for their most recent race of the season. Glad that Caleb and James were clear of all the crashes and were super competitive all race. Too bad the #3 team had to pull away on us, but they earned it.

Hoffman - 2nd
Richardson - 7th

JJRacer89
Race Winner
Race Winner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JJRacer89 on June 3rd 2017, 10:19 pm

For us on the Cup side, we just got done with our race in Nashville, TN. We showed what we had early, but a couple of us became victims of unfortunate situations. James made his series debut but was involved in two wrecks, and I got wrecked under yellow soon after. Proud of Jake to carry the torch for us and get a top-5. Gonna keep marching on, it's what we gotta do.

Baskinger - 2nd
Turner - 13th
Martin - 18th
Richardson - 37th (crash)

JJRacer89
Race Winner
Race Winner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JJRacer89 on June 11th 2017, 10:44 am

Checkered flag fell at Myrtle Beach last night for the Hardee's series. And I couldn't be more happy. Caleb and James earned us a 1-2 finish! Yes things changed all throughout the night, but they each had strong cars and were there when it counted. Proud of you dudes!

Hoffman - WIN
Richardson - 2nd

JJRacer89
Race Winner
Race Winner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JJRacer89 on June 18th 2017, 2:33 am

Off to Road Atlanta for an unpredictable road course. Well, at least that's what it normally is. I say it was an okay day. 3 top 10's from us. Good to get mostly good finishes and keep the ball rolling. Nice rebound for Richardson after what happened to him at Nashville last week.

Richardson - 4th
Turner - 6th
Baskinger - 9th
Martin - 30th

JJRacer89
Race Winner
Race Winner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JJRacer89 on June 18th 2017, 2:42 am

We really relied on Luke for this race cause he was the only one that competed at Cleveland before lol. We definitely managed our days well. Road courses haven't historically been our cup of tea, but I'm glad to make an exception with how we did earlier today.

Turner - 9th
Martin - 11th
Baskinger - 13th
Richardson - 28th

JJRacer89
Race Winner
Race Winner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JJRacer89 on June 25th 2017, 3:45 pm

Off to Homestead for the first ever SCS All-Star race. Back at a track that's historically been good for our team. Unfortunately Carson didn't advance into the main event out of the showdown, but at least he got some seat time. The race was relatively quiet, we got spread out and came back together at the end of the segments. In the last segment I got trapped in the middle of the pack and spun out on the front straightaway. Jake and Luke still hung out with the leaders, and Jake made a good charge for the lead on the last lap but couldn't make it happen. Coming back to points racing for the next round, it was a nice opportunity to just have some fun out there.

Baskinger - 3rd
Martin - 7th
Turner - 17th

JJRacer89
Race Winner
Race Winner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JJRacer89 on July 2nd 2017, 10:08 pm

Round number 18, the 400th ever SCS race, held under the lights at Daytona. Thought me and the Air Force crew would do well, unfortunately I couldn't fight my way through the pack well enough and lost the leaders when the race went green for a while. Carson in his first official race back, became a victim of the big one. His bell is a little rung, but thankfully nothing out of that accident affected his health. Things didn't quite work out for any of us, but it's nothing to hang our heads over.

Baskinger - 14th
Martin - 24th
Turner - 27th
C. Scott - 37th (crash)

JJRacer89
Race Winner
Race Winner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JJRacer89 on July 16th 2017, 4:56 pm

Onto one of the most reputable BBQ cities in America, Kansas City KS. That's where our 20th race of the season was held. Pretty fun going to 1.5 mile tracks to see what kind of rhythms we can make. Not a good race for me, as a spotter didn't let his driver know Harple was coming behind him going into turn 1. And I couldn't avoid hitting Harple head on. But I'm thankful that the other three of us had alright days.

Baskinger - 5th
Martin - 8th
C. Scott - 16th
Turner - 35th (crash)

JJRacer89
Race Winner
Race Winner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JJRacer89 on July 24th 2017, 9:51 pm

Made it to Atlanta for race 21 of the calendar season. Talk about a paradoxical day. After starting 18th, me and my crew were able to have a stout race, and patiently get up to the lead and eventually hold them off for my 7th career win! And for the rest of the guys, Luke and Carson got an unlucky break during green flag pit stops. And Steven Jenkins slammed on the binders in front of Jake coming to pit, and that put him out of the race. I'm glad my win served as a silver lining for us in a way.

Turner - WIN
Martin - 24th
C. Scott - 28th
Baskinger - 42nd (crash)

JJRacer89
Race Winner
Race Winner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JJRacer89 on July 31st 2017, 10:06 pm

Race 22 and it's the 2nd crown jewel race of the season, at Indianapolis. Jake got taken out in an unfortunate incident with D.J. Kurtis and Matthew Rodriguez, hurting Jake's title hopes. Even a few crew members from both teams got into a tussle over it. As for me, I almost caught Jordan at the end but I couldn't scoot past him. Then Dom and Eric (Demax) got by me and that was it. Luke, in his last race at Indy, gets a 7th place finish.

Turner - 4th
Martin - 7th
C. Scott - 18th
Baskinger - 26th (Crash)

JJRacer89
Race Winner
Race Winner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JJRacer89 on August 6th 2017, 1:09 pm

The 23rd race of the year brings me to my dear old home track of Watkins Glen International. Fan turnout was awesome, including most of my family and friends that came out to the track. On lap one though, Skye Commons wanted to ruin it all and drive me into the turn 3 barrier. Fortunately I was able to save it, and my crew worked out a new strategy that would let me salvage a respectable 17th place finish. Sucks that Jake got tangled up in someone else's clumsiness on the front straightaway. Luke and his team played a nice game of strategy, until they had to pit for a splash of fuel. Carson had a quiet day but pulled off a nice top-12 finish for himself.

Martin - 4th
C. Scott - 12th
Turner - 17th
Baskinger - 28th

JJRacer89
Race Winner
Race Winner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JJRacer89 on August 14th 2017, 10:13 am

We were in the Irish hills of Michigan yesterday for our 24th race of the year. Mostly a clean race, which is alright. It allowed everyone's pit crews to make up unique pit strategies to try and get them to the front. What a last lap pass made by Jake though. It shows that he still wants to be there at the end for the championship, and yesterday was a huge gain for himself. Nice job man! As well as three of us finishing in the top 10. Too bad Martin got caught up in that back straightaway incident or else he'd make it four of us finishing in the top 10.

Baskinger - WIN
Turner - 6th
C. Scott - 10th
Martin - 24th

JJRacer89
Race Winner
Race Winner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JJRacer89 on August 21st 2017, 10:11 am

Race 25 of the year leads us to the granite state of NH again. For me, qualifying didn't fare out too well, starting back in 35th. Thankfully caught a break with a yellow and that helped me get a decent top-15 finish out of it. But you other three guys drove strong and wise for the whole race and spread out across the top 11 finishers. Definitely happy of where we grouped up at the finish.

Martin- 3rd
Baskinger - 8th
C. Scott - 11th
Turner - 14th

JJRacer89
Race Winner
Race Winner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JJRacer89 on August 28th 2017, 6:47 pm

Back to the Lady in Black for race 26. Lots of cool throwback schemes that raced out there. One of the best ones that raced fast was Jake. Started on pole led a lot until D.J. got the best of him at the end. Carson did good and came home 11th for the second race in a row. Luke and I didn't fare so well, especially my #17 getting a flat tire while running in the top-5. Oh well. Just gotta keep looking forward and have hope in order to run down D.J. for the points lead.

Baskinger - 2nd
C. Scott - 11th
Martin - 18th
Turner - 32nd

JJRacer89
Race Winner
Race Winner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JJRacer89 on September 11th 2017, 8:18 am

Took a week off before racing at Las Vegas for race 27 of the season. Unfortunately we all didn't qualify as well as we wished to. But thankfully Jake and Luke's cars got into their rhythm later in the long green flag run and both finished on the podium! Jake was oh so close to getting around DJ but it wasn't meant to be. Proud of Carson after taking a wild ride in turn one and he still drove away!

Baskinger - 2nd
Martin - 3rd
Turner - 17th
C. Scott - 36th

JJRacer89
Race Winner
Race Winner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JJRacer89 on September 23rd 2017, 7:49 am

Drove over to the lone star state of Texas for our 28th race of 2017. Unfortuntately Luke, Jake, and I were all struck with misfortunate in many shapes and forms during the course of the night. But I give big props to Carson and his team, they really got his car dialed in right. Pretty sure a 3rd is his best career finish. Congrats with the strong finish dude!

C. Scott - 3rd
Turner - 25th
Baskinger - 39th
Martin - 41st

JJRacer89
Race Winner
Race Winner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JJRacer89 on September 24th 2017, 10:55 pm

Swinging it out west once again in Fontana, CA. I'm pretty happy that we all got to have a taste of the lead at least one point or another during the race. Luke and Jake were right on James Silverfox and Dillon Young, two guys who started their careers in the season 5 Daytona 500. Unfortunately we couldn't spoil their party, although it was neat to see Dillon end his incredibly long winless streak and get back into the winner's circle. We just have to keep doing what we're doing for round 30 and I think we'll be alright.

Baskinger - 3rd
Martin - 4th
Turner - 9th
C. Scott - 11th

JJRacer89
Race Winner
Race Winner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JJRacer89 on October 9th 2017, 9:56 am

Our last road course race of the season brought us to Sonoma, CA for race #30. What a dizzy weekend we all had. We all found a way to get spun out or get wrecked. Including my embarrassing off in the first turn. Thankful to Jake for recovering the best and cracking the top-15 near the end. Let's just go to Dega and bring more success on our side again.

Baskinger - 13th
Martin - 24th
C. Scott - 25th (crash)
Turner - 39th (crash)

JJRacer89
Race Winner
Race Winner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content