Offline Host
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Turner-Fenway Racing thread

+7
Hsuorttocs
CJ Racing
McBlair
FUEL
Mr.YAMP
MrKyleBusch1
DarkVoid718
11 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Turner-Fenway Racing thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Turner-Fenway Racing thread

Post by JJRacer89 October 8th 2016, 8:49 pm

Race #31 of the year brings us to wine country in Sonoma, CA. Sadly for two of us on the team, things went bad from the start. I got bashed around, then tried to avoid the #6 and instead got contact front he #9 and Carson was in the wrong place at the wrong time. He's had a string of bad finishes, so hopefully this bad luck can be gone when Carson's at Daytona at the start of next year.

Burton - 7th
Turner - 40th (crash)
C. Scott - 41st (crash)
JJRacer89
JJRacer89
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by JJRacer89 October 14th 2016, 10:52 pm

Fontana, an up and down race. Four more guys get eliminated and only eight are left to fight for the title. Sad to say I won't be one of them. Unfortunately made contact with the #06 trying to avoid Nick Mace spinning out, and got too much damage to be an aerodynamic threat. Although the move wasn't enough, appreciated Eric pulling in early to let me get a point. On the other hand, great job by Jake on his comeback. Started 3rd, ran in the top-10 pretty much all day before coming home 12th.

Baskinger - 12th
Turner - 32nd
Burton - 36th
JJRacer89
JJRacer89
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by JJRacer89 October 20th 2016, 7:12 pm

Race #33 of the season brings us to Homestead. I love this track, and fortunately for us and our Ford allied drivers, we put on a good show! Smart driving by Luke Martin to win and lock himself into the championship battle at Homestead. Super happy that we at the TFR camp all brought home top-10 finishes!

Turner - 5th
Baskinger - 8th
Burton - 9th
JJRacer89
JJRacer89
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by JJRacer89 October 22nd 2016, 4:40 pm

Rockingham was a mixed bag of results for us. Last race to test out our short track cars. Glad Jake got a good hold of his car well and ended up 4th at a track he likes. Eric and I, not so much. Hope Talladega and Washington D.C. go well for us all.

Baskinger - 4th
Burton - 26th
Turner - 40th
JJRacer89
JJRacer89
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by JJRacer89 November 13th 2016, 10:40 pm

Talladega AL for the 35th and penultimate race of the year. For the three of us, we got to the front, stayed there after green flag pit stops. And then the last two laps came up, we got greedy wanting to go after the win and it didn't work out at all. But as an owner, looking at the finishes we got, it was a great day. Wish it could've been better but we'll have one more shot next race.

Burton - 2nd
Baskinger - 4th
Turner - 5th
JJRacer89
JJRacer89
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by JJRacer89 November 22nd 2016, 10:14 pm

The season finale @ D.C. was a nail-biter for sure. One last shot for everyone to get a win, and it was a race that decided the champion for this season. Jake got the lead at one point, until running into a wounded car coming to a yellow. Also ended Eric's race too, but both were okay. A debris caution came out with 8 or so to go, and that set me up perfectly. Went three-wide with Jordan and Eugene on the last lap for the win, then I nosed out Jordan at the finish line. Happy to grab another win, but the biggest congratulations goes to Jordan, winning his 2nd championship. We'll really turn it up next year. I'm pumped. Jake, Carson, and Luke are too. Eric, thanks for your time on this team. It hurts to not have you back but I wish you success in getting a good ride! Can't wait to get back for Daytona speedweeks!

Turner - WIN
Burton - 29th (crash)
Baskinger - 32nd (crash)
JJRacer89
JJRacer89
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by FitzwaterAustralia59 November 23rd 2016, 12:12 am

JJRacer89 wrote:The season finale @ D.C. was a nail-biter for sure. One last shot for everyone to get a win, and it was a race that decided the champion for this season. Jake got the lead at one point, until running into a wounded car coming to a yellow. Also ended Eric's race too, but both were okay. A debris caution came out with 8 or so to go, and that set me up perfectly. Went three-wide with Jordan and Eugene on the last lap for the win, then I nosed out Jordan at the finish line. Happy to grab another win, but the biggest congratulations goes to Jordan, winning his 2nd championship. We'll really turn it up next year. I'm pumped. Jake, Carson, and Luke are too. Eric, thanks for your time on this team. It hurts to not have you back but I wish you success in getting a good ride! Can't wait to get back for Daytona speedweeks!

Turner - WIN
Burton - 29th (crash)
Baskinger - 32nd (crash)
Actually the wrecked car went right into Jake's path and destroyed his car
FitzwaterAustralia59
FitzwaterAustralia59
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

Back to top Go down

Post by JJRacer89 December 3rd 2016, 11:14 am

FitzwaterAustralia59 wrote:
JJRacer89 wrote:The season finale @ D.C. was a nail-biter for sure. One last shot for everyone to get a win, and it was a race that decided the champion for this season. Jake got the lead at one point, until running into a wounded car coming to a yellow. Also ended Eric's race too, but both were okay. A debris caution came out with 8 or so to go, and that set me up perfectly. Went three-wide with Jordan and Eugene on the last lap for the win, then I nosed out Jordan at the finish line. Happy to grab another win, but the biggest congratulations goes to Jordan, winning his 2nd championship. We'll really turn it up next year. I'm pumped. Jake, Carson, and Luke are too. Eric, thanks for your time on this team. It hurts to not have you back but I wish you success in getting a good ride! Can't wait to get back for Daytona speedweeks!

Turner - WIN
Burton - 29th (crash)
Baskinger - 32nd (crash)
Yeah, your point is much more true than mine.
JJRacer89
JJRacer89
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by FitzwaterAustralia59 December 4th 2016, 8:45 pm

JJRacer89 wrote:

Turner - WIN
Burton - 29th (crash)
Baskinger - 32nd (crash)
Yeah, your point is much more true than mine.
Very Happy
FitzwaterAustralia59
FitzwaterAustralia59
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

Back to top Go down

Post by JJRacer89 January 19th 2017, 11:17 pm

Well guys, the start of a new year is here. Quite a few new faces, but we all got the same ambition to win. Luke and Carson, welcome aboard guys on the Cup side. As well as James Richardson/Caleb Hoffman in our HNS cars.

So the Shootout went great, Luke and Carson worked very well in the draft and got great results out of it. And for the Duels, Carson and Jake got good top-10 runs while I sucked lol. And Luke didn't catch a break in duel 2, so he and I are starting near the back.

Hope our starting events of the season go awesome, with both the HNS season opener and the Daytona 500. There's been lots of clean racing all speedweeks long, so you might expect the big race to be the same. Drive smart and have fun boys!

2017 21st annual Daytona 500 starting spots
C. Scott - 3rd
Baskinger - 19th
Martin - 34th
Turner - 35th
JJRacer89
JJRacer89
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by JJRacer89 January 22nd 2017, 10:33 pm

The 21st annual Daytona 500 is in the books! A mixed bag of emotions between the four of us during speedweeks and the big race. For Luke, he had some sort of issue with the car at the end of lap 1, got lapped and pretty much stayed that way the whole race. Carson did good until he had a not-so-good pit stop. Then had a tire go down, had to pit again, and that took him out of contention for the win. Jake stayed under the radar for most of the day, but drove well and smooth and nearly got a top-10 out of it. And for myself, I was oh so close again to winning the Daytona 500, but Silverfox had the better run on the outside line and beat me by a car length. But there's no denying our cars were wicked fast. We're a stout team, and we got plenty of time left to grab some wins throughout the season.

Turner - 2nd
Baskinger - 11th
C. Scott - 20th
Martin - 22nd
JJRacer89
JJRacer89
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by JJRacer89 February 13th 2017, 4:45 pm

Race 2 at Rockingham went good. Only if that caution didn't come out during green flag stops then things would've been more orderly. Shame that Luke had troubles strike him again, but there's lots of time to get his momentum back. Kudos to Carson on the top-5 finish!

C. Scott - 5th
Baskinger - 16th
Turner - 19th
Martin - 42nd (engine)

The 3rd race of the season at Las Vegas was bizarre. I was the only one to not have a major issue the whole race. But it sucks cause none of us were able to get in the top-10, but it was just one of those races. We'll get through it and be back stronger for the next race on the schedule.

Turner - 12th
Martin - 19th
Baskinger - 35th
C. Scott - 39th (engine)
JJRacer89
JJRacer89
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by JJRacer89 February 19th 2017, 10:21 pm

Keeping it on the West Coast in CA for race #4. What a nice way to rebound from Las Vegas, where lady luck dealt us a not-so-good hand there. We were fast all race long, props to Jake for winning the pole. And we finally got good results to go along with our speed. Atta boy guys!

Turner - 5th
Baskinger - 6th
Martin - 9th
C. Scott - 15th
JJRacer89
JJRacer89
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by FitzwaterAustralia59 February 19th 2017, 11:38 pm

JJRacer89 wrote:Keeping it on the West Coast in CA for race #4. What a nice way to rebound from Las Vegas, where lady luck dealt us a not-so-good hand there. We were fast all race long, props to Jake for winning the pole. And we finally got good results to go along with our speed. Atta boy guys!

Turner - 5th
Baskinger - 6th
Martin - 9th
C. Scott - 15th
Great drives by you guys
FitzwaterAustralia59
FitzwaterAustralia59
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

Back to top Go down

Post by JJRacer89 March 5th 2017, 12:15 pm

JJRacer89 wrote:Keeping it on the West Coast in CA for race #4. What a nice way to rebound from Las Vegas, where lady luck dealt us a not-so-good hand there. We were fast all race long, props to Jake for winning the pole. And we finally got good results to go along with our speed. Atta boy guys!

Turner - 5th
Baskinger - 6th
Martin - 9th
C. Scott - 15th
Great drives by you guys
Thanks Fitzy you too bud!
JJRacer89
JJRacer89
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by JJRacer89 March 5th 2017, 12:17 pm

Well we're back from a week break for the NASCAR Daytona 500, that race was a cool one to watch. So with round 5 we went overseas to the Philippines. I'd say we did okay. Considering our road course cars haven't been spectacular in the past, my team and Luke's team did a great job getting our cars suited up well. Good for Jake and Carson to survive the best they could and they had good runs too.

Turner - 7th
Martin - 10th
Baskinger - 16th
C. Scott - 23rd
JJRacer89
JJRacer89
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by FitzwaterAustralia59 March 5th 2017, 2:26 pm

JJRacer89 wrote:Well we're back from a week break for the NASCAR Daytona 500, that race was a cool one to watch. So with round 5 we went overseas to the Philippines. I'd say we did okay. Considering our road course cars haven't been spectacular in the past, my team and Luke's team did a great job getting our cars suited up well. Good for Jake and Carson to survive the best they could and they had good runs too.

Turner - 7th
Martin - 10th
Baskinger - 16th
C. Scott - 23rd
I would have competed with you guys if mechanical issues didn't strike on me
FitzwaterAustralia59
FitzwaterAustralia59
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

Back to top Go down

Post by JJRacer89 March 14th 2017, 6:07 pm

Darlington was alright. We had good cars until an untimely caution threw our strategies off course. Lined up behind quite a few cars on a restart, then my incident with James Shelly occurred. It wasn't the way I would've wanted to end up with a top-10 finish, I ended up getting punched by Eugene Demax for it. But I'll make it up to the four of us by getting us fast cars for the next round, and to James Shelly by racing him clean and respectful like I always have.

Turner - 10th
Martin - 24th
Baskinger - 26th
C. Scott - 33rd (crash)
JJRacer89
JJRacer89
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by JJRacer89 March 16th 2017, 6:41 pm

Not too good of a weekend for James and Caleb in the HNS race at Darlington, getting swept up in separate accidents.

Hoffman - 26th (crash)
Richardson - 34th (crash)
JJRacer89
JJRacer89
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by JJRacer89 March 19th 2017, 7:33 pm

Went to the Springfield mile to do some dirt track racing! Other than Jenkins slamming into the pit wall and throwing us all for a loop, I think it was a good day. Considering we haven't raced on dirt in a while, looks like it didn't take much to remember the tactics behind it, and we got a couple top-10's out of today.

Baskinger - 2nd
C. Scott - 6th
Turner - 20th
Martin - 30th
JJRacer89
JJRacer89
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by JJRacer89 March 27th 2017, 7:36 pm

Back to the short tracks as we raced at Dover for round 8. Nice track to compete on, you really gotta be on your game every lap like Noah said in the intro. But wow what a great recovery by Jake and his team. From spinning around in turn 3 early, to climbing up through the pack and getting our team's first win on the season! Too bad my car didn't have enough stamina to make it a TFR 1-2 finish, but it's still a great day nonetheless.

Baskinger - WIN
Turner - 4th
C. Scott - 10th
Martin - 34th (crash)
JJRacer89
JJRacer89
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by JJRacer89 April 2nd 2017, 8:55 am

Yesterday we ran the race at Charlotte on April Fools Day. But there's no fooling that a lot of crazy things happened out there! We were all driving along pretty nicely, then all of a sudden Jordan Davis broke something and three of the four of us got torn up in a multi-car crash. But the one guy that escaped that crash, ended up taking home the win! Congrats on getting your first win of the season Luke! Once you catch enough breaks and grab more wins, I really feel like you'll be back up in championship contention in no time.

Martin - WIN
C. Scott - 20th
Baskinger - 38th (crash)
Turner - 39th (crash)
JJRacer89
JJRacer89
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by FitzwaterAustralia59 April 2nd 2017, 7:56 pm

JJRacer89 wrote:Yesterday we ran the race at Charlotte on April Fools Day. But there's no fooling that a lot of crazy things happened out there! We were all driving along pretty nicely, then all of a sudden Jordan Davis broke something and three of the four of us got torn up in a multi-car crash. But the one guy that escaped that crash, ended up taking home the win! Congrats on getting your first win of the season Luke! Once you catch enough breaks and grab more wins, I really feel like you'll be back up in championship contention in no time.

Martin - WIN
C. Scott - 20th
Baskinger - 38th (crash)
Turner - 39th (crash)
You forgot all about the 1st yellow
FitzwaterAustralia59
FitzwaterAustralia59
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

Back to top Go down

Post by JJRacer89 April 22nd 2017, 9:09 pm

I enjoyed my Easter weekend off quite well, hope the rest of you did as well. But we're back in business at Chicagoland. On the Cup side, we're getting pumped to go at fast speeds and play the game in front of a packed house. On the HNS side, it's been an awesome weekend! Well done James Richardson on his first win, making a very fine last lap pass. Oddly enough the lapped cars ended up helping him out and was able to get by in turns 3 & 4 to take the win. Celebrate it as much as you can bud! And I'll be ready for whatever comes our way in tomorrow's event.

Richardson - WIN
Hoffman - 18th
JJRacer89
JJRacer89
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by JJRacer89 April 24th 2017, 10:53 pm

Raced at Chicagoland after a week off last week. Started off okay. Until Carson ended up in a tight three wide situation with Chris Dodd and Steven Jenkins and spun out. Jake and I soon became innocent victims in that one. Then Nick Mace and a couple other knuckleheads went four wide and caused a wreck which Carson was involved in. Then he got smashed by Maalik Nevins behind the drivers door, then Jake got collected in it. Word is that Carson has some broken ribs and a concussion from that. So he'll be out for at least the next 6 weeks. My two prodigies in the HNS (Caleb and James) will split three races each in the #16 while Carson recovers. The tracks they will race at is TBD at the moment.

Martin - 3rd
Turner - 18th
C. Scott - 27th (crash)
Baskinger - 28th (crash)
JJRacer89
JJRacer89
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content