Offline Host
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hall of Fame

Go down

Hall of Fame Empty Hall of Fame

Post by nirvanafan January 29th 2016, 11:16 am

History and information of this mock season will be here as well as season highlights.

nirvanafan
Race Winner
Race Winner

Back to top Go down

Hall of Fame Empty Re: Hall of Fame

Post by nirvanafan January 31st 2016, 10:54 am

Formation: After 2 generations of the Logitech Offline Series that spanned 4 season it was time for a big change. The 1st concept of this was to run a mock season starting from 2008 called the Best Buy Cup Series. Since Best Buy took over primary sponsorship of the cup series the big difference would have been that the huge cell phone industry would be able to primary sponsor cars (AT&T stays on the 31, Verizon stays on the 12, Sprint, T-mobile, and Boost join other teams). Once the NTG Forums shut down this project went on a hiatus. Despite having a constructed Team Chart and plan I elected to overhaul the series.

Revision: It was decided to start earlier from 2001 with Dale Earnhardt living through that year's Daytona 500 due to saftey changes after 2000's tragedies of Adam Petty, Kenny Irwin Jr., and Tony Roper. Who knows maybe when 2008 hits we can add that other concept but for now it is not our focus. The last thing need was a new home. I remembered running the Logitech series here and at NTG briefly before electing to focus on NTG. I honestly could not remember if this was the right place though until I got an email about my account being disabled from here due to inactivity. So anyway this is the new permanent home regardless of if NTG ever returns.

Format: Most of you know what a mock season is and if you by chance don't the name pretty much gives it away so no explanation is really needed but if you have question let me know. Anyway let's talk about the way the seasons are run. I am doing a full schedule and field. The exact settings used are 20% race length, X3 wear length, 90 opponent strength, no adaptive strength, realistic weather and damage, yellow flags and double file restarts, no practice or happy hour, and simulation driving style. Each race will have a posted Entry List, 2 Qualifying sessions, as well as the race and current standings using the 2001 format (brought by Score4). The 1st qualifying session is for go or go homers (teams outside top 25) to see who makes the race with the 2nd session being for starting position in the actual race. I hope to find ways for viewers to get more involved which has been a slight issue with mock seasons so stay tuned to the fan center.

Ratings: Driver ratings are put through NRatings into 4 classes A (70-80), B (67-77), C (64-74), and D (61-71). I won't tell you who is in each class however I will say it was determined by were the big gaps in real life were in real life for that season given by Racing Reference. When a driver is with a different team the ratings will fall between the team and driver rating (ex. A driver with D team's rating would be 66-76 in driver categories and 65-75 in team categories which would be switched if the team was A and driver was D, both would be even if the distance between the rating had a dead center).

nirvanafan
Race Winner
Race Winner

Back to top Go down

Hall of Fame Empty Re: Hall of Fame

Post by nirvanafan January 31st 2016, 11:28 am

2001 Stats

Detailed Standings:

Rank 1-30:

Rank 31-58:

Breakdown A-J:

Breakdown K-W: