Cape America loses Round 30

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Cape America loses Round 30

Post by FUEL on November 9th 2015, 9:27 pm

After a tire test that happened today with the SCS drivers on the track it showed that this new tire Goodyear has provided for Cape America is not good enough, Goodyear says they could bring a tire that would cause less fall off but the SCS Officials know how Cape America is and our drivers will need all the grip in the world to take on Cape America which is known to take out drivers and with 7 races to go on the schedule we don't want tires determining the outcome of our 2015 Champion.

Sony Cup Series Officials will announce tomorrow where the race will be held so the teams can be heading on out to which ever destination the track is at that we will run come this Sunday.

Noah Hart: I applaud the officials for not letting us go with a new untested tire this hard to drive to a track this tough to handle. I do believe in practice we could have tuned the car in a way to handle better but I see where the Officials didn't want a track to become a fail race because of a certain tire.
FUEL
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

View user profile http://youtube.com/FUELTheBandicoot

Back to top Go down

Re: Cape America loses Round 30

Post by DarkVoid718 on November 10th 2015, 7:35 am

JT: "I know it was a big decision between the SCS officials to not come back to Cape America, knowing what happened there last time. Heck, I went upside down in that race on the last lap because of a tire problem, so I'm fully on their side haha. Hope they can choose another track that is both challenging but is still safe enough for tires."

DarkVoid718
Crew Chief
Crew Chief

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/DarkVoid718

Back to top Go down

Post by FUEL on November 10th 2015, 1:26 pm

The Sony Cup Series has decided to stay the route of this weekend being a road course event. This weekend was scheduled have a road course weekend and it will stay that way.

Karjala will replace Cape America in its inaugural running, its first race ever for the SCS will be this weekend. In an unspoken press conference back in October the SCS and Karjala made a plan to have a race run there in 2016. However much like the entire SCS Schedule for 2016 it is unsure if some tracks wishing for 2 races that season will get there respected 2 race dates.

SCS is using this weekend as a way of seeing if Karjala holds up entertainment wise to get 2 races or if they will only get 1 race. Karjala is going to help impact the Schedule for 2016 in how things play out come Sunday.
FUEL
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

View user profile http://youtube.com/FUELTheBandicoot

Back to top Go down

Post by FitzwaterAustralia59 on November 10th 2015, 10:03 pm

Karjala is better on Tyres than Cape America
FitzwaterAustralia59
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

View user profile