Offline Host
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Top 35 Rule To Be Trashed. NEW QUALIFYING SYSTEM!

2 posters

Go down

Top 35 Rule To Be Trashed. NEW QUALIFYING SYSTEM! Empty Top 35 Rule To Be Trashed. NEW QUALIFYING SYSTEM!

Post by FUEL February 16th 2016, 2:55 pm

After Round 4 we was going to start having the Top 35 Rule take place using this seasons owner points. Drivers inside the Top 35 get locked into the race. Drivers outside the Top 35 qualify in their own little Go or Go Home Session.

Sony Cup Series has decided to do Qualifying involving EVERYONE

Everyone is going to have to Qualify.

This means, we will have all the cars attempting the race go out and qualify on time.

Since we can't have 50 or so cars on track qualifying at once, we are forced to split up the qualifying into Session 1 and Session 2. Just like the Daytona 500 Qualifying format we will be qualifying in two different sessions.

We will separate the field for the first 10 races of the season by last years Owner points. We will go from 1st, 3rd, 5th, 7th, (all of the old numbers) from last years owner points will be in Session #1's Qualifying. Session #2 will see all of the drivers who finished in the even number positions in last years Owner Points. Basically for the first 10 races everyone will be split up exactly how they was split up at Daytona for the 500. After Round 10, we will separate the field off Owner Points of this season, 1st, 3rd, 5th, 7th in Owner Points as they currently run in the year points will be in Session #1, and all of the guys in even number postions in points after Round 10 will be in Session #2. The same thing happens after Round 20 and after Round 30. We will continue to split up the field to give the field more balance in qualifying.

HOW TO MAKE THE RACES IN THIS FORMAT

It's simple. Qualify in the Top 18 positions in your qualifying session! Session #1 drivers 1st-18th in qualifying will line up on the inside line for the race and 1st-18th in qualifying session #2 will line up on the outside, say the Session #2 fastest guy is quicker than Session #1's fastest guy, the Session #2's fastest guy will line up as the pole sitter.

If you are not inside the Top 18 after Qualifying, 5 spots will be determined off of Owner Points. The 5 highest guys not already in on time trial speeds will take provisional starting spots 37th-41st. So if you missed the Top 18 cut in qualifying and you are high enough in Owner Points you can fall back on provisional starting spots 37th-41st to get you in the field. The 42nd starting spot is reserved for the Past Champion Provisional. If a Past Champion is not already in the field he will be rewarded with this honor of starting shotgun in the race. If we do not have a Past Champion in line for the PCP, then the 6th highest guy in owner points not already in the race will be our final starting starter.

This qualifying format lets everyone know on Friday where they will be starting for the race on Sunday and helps keep everyone involved in the series for Qualifying and not just the Go or Go Homers!

Last edited by FUEL on February 16th 2016, 2:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
FUEL
FUEL
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

https://www.youtube.com/FUELTheBandicoot

Back to top Go down

Top 35 Rule To Be Trashed. NEW QUALIFYING SYSTEM! Empty Re: Top 35 Rule To Be Trashed. NEW QUALIFYING SYSTEM!

Post by FUEL February 16th 2016, 2:56 pm

The Top 35 Rule will still be in place for Las Vegas but we will try out this new format for Round 4 of California!
FUEL
FUEL
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

Back to top Go down

Top 35 Rule To Be Trashed. NEW QUALIFYING SYSTEM! Empty Re: Top 35 Rule To Be Trashed. NEW QUALIFYING SYSTEM!

Post by CJ Racing February 16th 2016, 3:33 pm

Dodd: I approve!!

OOC: Saying that, it's does make things more complicated, but it gives everyone a fair shot Smile
CJ Racing
CJ Racing
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

Back to top Go down

Post by FUEL February 16th 2016, 4:50 pm

Just have to be 18th or higher in qualifying sessions and you are in the race haha, if you aren't inside the Top 18 in the qualifying sessions...5 cars will get in off owner points. Top 5 highest guys in owner points not inside the Top 18 will get the 37th-41st starting spots. For you Dodd, you have no choice but to qualify inside the Top 18. Which isn't too bad, Qualifying 18th shouldn't be too tall of a task but it gives everyone that sense of having to qualify in on speed and letting people fight for top qualifying spots.
FUEL
FUEL
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

Back to top Go down

Post by CJ Racing February 16th 2016, 5:04 pm

OOC: I meant more complicated for you to do Smile Smile Smile
CJ Racing
CJ Racing
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down