Offline Host
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Surprisers Who Failed To Qualify For Phoenix

5 posters

Go down

Surprisers Who Failed To Qualify For Phoenix Empty Surprisers Who Failed To Qualify For Phoenix

Post by FUEL March 4th 2016, 8:14 pm

Well ever since After Round 3, the SCS announced the new qualifying procedures for the drivers that started at Round 4 of Fontana. The field is split up into 2 sessions and Top 18 in each sessions qualify into the race. Session 1 drivers line up on the inside line, in order of where they placed in qualifying. Session 2 drivers line up on the outside, in order of where they placed in qualifying. They leaves 36 guys in the field on speeds. The field is made up of 42 spots so that means 6 spots are left open after that. 5 spots (37th-41st) on the grid is given to the highest 5 guys in owner points not already in the field on speed, get the final 5 spots. With the 42nd starting position being the past champion provisional spot. However if there is not a past champion needing that spot, the 42nd spot is given to the next guy highest in owner points.

This new qualifying procedure has made qualifying inside the Top 18 very important. Why is it so important? Well guys like Cody Llamas who is 26th in owner points failed to qualify for Sundays race! Yes you heard that right, 2015 Rookie Of The Year driver failed to qualify for Phoenix in the Cyberton Motorports BMW! Cody hasn't had the best of luck this season much like other drivers for example (Andreas Allen, Luke Martin, Matthew Rodriguez, etc.) All those guys are very low in points. If those guys where to not qualify inside the Top 18 as of right now... They very well could and would probably miss the race because currently they are all below 30th in points and seeing guys like Cody Llamas who's 26th in points fail to qualify is a surprise!

Cody Llamas wasn't the only surprise in qualifying.

Titanium Motorsports has failed to qualify for a 5th straight race and not a single car has made a race yet and that is super surprising.

Jordan Fisher who qualified 25th in qualifying who is down in the 30s in points missed the race and it was his first race missed ever since the start of his career.

Treck Tauger in the Blue Flare was not quick enough to make the race however, Blue Flare Motorsports has pulled Ricky Johnson's car off the grid and is withdrawing his car from the race and replacing it with Treck Tauger's #41 car. Team orders were used in getting Treck in the field in order for him to start Sunday's race and get points with their eyes set on getting him a better shot at making the Chase.
FUEL
FUEL
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

https://www.youtube.com/FUELTheBandicoot

Back to top Go down

Surprisers Who Failed To Qualify For Phoenix Empty Re: Surprisers Who Failed To Qualify For Phoenix

Post by Mr.YAMP March 4th 2016, 8:56 pm

FUEL wrote:Treck Tauger in the Blue Flare was not quick enough to make the race however, Blue Flare Motorsports has pulled Ricky Johnson's car off the grid and is withdrawing his car from the race and replacing it with Treck Tauger's #41 car. Team orders were used in getting Treck in the field in order for him to start Sunday's race and get points with their eyes set on getting him a better shot at making the Chase.

I know the race is already recorded, but as something for future notice. Treck would have to drive the #51 since that was the car and number that qualified. Now something that I believe that could make it even is Owner Points from Las Vegas from the #41 team this Sunday should go to the #51 team. The #51 team earned a spot in the race unlike the #41 team.
Mr.YAMP
Mr.YAMP

Back to top Go down

Surprisers Who Failed To Qualify For Phoenix Empty Re: Surprisers Who Failed To Qualify For Phoenix

Post by McBlair March 4th 2016, 9:40 pm

Titanium was so close to getting their first start, hopefully it'll come soon Smile
McBlair
McBlair
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkVoid718 March 5th 2016, 1:19 am

Kinda like last season's Daytona 500 you get noteworthy people missing the show. Hm.

DarkVoid718
Crew Chief
Crew Chief

https://www.youtube.com/user/DarkVoid718

Back to top Go down

Post by FitzwaterAustralia59 March 6th 2016, 10:34 pm

Llamas DNQ is not surprising IK he would DNQ
FitzwaterAustralia59
FitzwaterAustralia59
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum