Offline Host
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Double Points procedure starting with Season Finale

5 posters

Go down

New Double Points procedure starting with Season Finale Empty New Double Points procedure starting with Season Finale

Post by f1fan April 28th 2016, 2:51 pm

Since practically the beginning of Motorsport, certain races have been held to higher standard then others. Back in the day of the ARC, The Memorial 500 at Darlington on Memorial Day weekend was considered the biggest stock car race in the country. The RSOA tried on many occasions to get "marquee race" but never could. However the RSOA did begin one of the biggest traditions that we see in modern motorsport today. 38 years ago, The RSOA tried to create a marquee race in Hawaii of all places. The race was held on 14 mile circuit consisting of city roads, dirt roads, hiking trails, and a beach as the circuit wound its way up a dormant volcano. The 500 mile race flopped in popularity, however it did draw quite a lot of attention for one thing. It offered double points to its finishers. Double points races have become a marquee attraction in the series that was created through a combination of the RSOA and the ARC.

However, the long tested double points system has been altered by ARCSOA CEO Kayla Tonney. The new system effectively is meant to combat seemingly random people from running up their point totals through survival. Tonney stated, "Double points races are typically endurance races, therefore we expect a lot of cars to fall out. A lot of times, cars that really shouldn't deserve points, leave these races with a boat load of them. While cars up front all day that fall out late in the race, leave with nothing. That really isn't the message we want to get across."

Tonney then announced the way double points races will be held in a presentation

Here is the basic run down of how the new system will work.

-The race will pretty much run like 2 consecutive races.
-At the halfway mark, a single race points all will be awarded to the top 20 drivers at that given time.
-Then at the end of the race, points will be awarded to the 20 finishers in the race.

"What this does, is it kills two birds with one stone. The midpoint of these endurance races have been historically dull. This way there will be some competition at the midpoint to try and score as many points as they can. It also allows cars that were running well at the start of the race yet fall out late, to score points."

This new system will be used at the Season finale in Talladega!
f1fan
f1fan
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

New Double Points procedure starting with Season Finale Empty Re: New Double Points procedure starting with Season Finale

Post by CJ Racing April 28th 2016, 3:28 pm

Dodd: "This is a fantastic decision by the ARCSOA, and for once I actually agree with them entirely. It makes the whole race important, not just the end, and it gives us as drivers and teams the opportunity to possibly play some strategy throughout the race."
CJ Racing
CJ Racing
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

New Double Points procedure starting with Season Finale Empty Re: New Double Points procedure starting with Season Finale

Post by DKurtis April 28th 2016, 10:09 pm

Can have some good, but comes the bad as well. Some championships can be easily won so quickly, but at the same time you can lose points.
DKurtis
DKurtis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChMGwDuAN-NNXFdv9Bya1Lg

Back to top Go down

Post by CJ Racing April 28th 2016, 10:42 pm

Dodd: "Umm, about me liking this system.... Yeah, not so much..."
CJ Racing
CJ Racing
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

Back to top Go down

Post by LHP14Florida April 29th 2016, 12:26 pm

James: I am fine with this system, makes it much more tactical in determining the championship
LHP14Florida
LHP14Florida
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by f1fan April 29th 2016, 3:07 pm

LHP14Florida wrote:James: I am fine with this system, makes it much more tactical in determining the championship

I might do it for the finale... but not the American 700...
f1fan
f1fan
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum