NASCAR games that aren't named NR2003 discussion

View previous topic View next topic Go down

NASCAR games that aren't named NR2003 discussion

Post by f1fan on May 20th 2016, 3:09 pm

She's BACK! I actually have hope for console NASCAR games of the future. I don't have a PS4 or XBox One, but I love the fact that this series is back! Bring on the Alan Bestwick and the Metal menu music! Also, please bring Beat The Heat and Race the Pros back!

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2016/05/20/monster-games-returns-with-nascar-heat-evolution.aspx

Maddie Myatt:

Erin Perkins:

Sean Perkins:
f1fan
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: NASCAR games that aren't named NR2003 discussion

Post by CJ Racing on May 20th 2016, 4:35 pm

They definietely hit step 1 right, that's for sure! I'd love to have some mid-race commentary, and I am excited that they are bringing back the Challenges from the NASCAR Thunder days. They do have a bit of an additional hill to climb with the Forza 6 expansion, but they are definitely starting out right!
CJ Racing
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hsuorttocs on May 20th 2016, 5:38 pm

CJ Racing wrote:They definietely hit step 1 right, that's for sure! I'd love to have some mid-race commentary, and I am excited that they are bringing back the Challenges from the NASCAR Thunder days. They do have a bit of an additional hill to climb with the Forza 6 expansion, but they are definitely starting out right!
Can't wait! Especially can't wait to play online!
DMR + NASCAR Heat = Smash hit

"To finish 1st, first you must finish" - Scott Roush
SCS Wins: 0
Poles: 0
PS3 League Wins: 5
- S1 Best Buy CS @ Las Vegas (first trip)
- S1 Best Buy CS @ Auto Club (first trip)
- S1 Grainger CS @ Dover (first trip)
- S2 Best Buy CS @ Daytona (500)
- S1 Ditech CS @ Kansas (first trip)
Hsuorttocs
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nirvanafan on May 22nd 2016, 4:03 pm

idk, i want to be excited for the new nascar heat but the thing to keep in mind is that it has been a really long time since the last one and monster games has seemingly only co-developed nintendo games for the past decade. sure the studio put a lot into nascar back then and made amazing games but the point is that this could be a lot different of a group than they used to be. i hate to be that guy but i guess etx racing has left me a lot more cautious with this. at least i feel they nailed the first step with going for some nostalgia and what they did for the cover was cool and hopefully they keep this up for the most important part being the game itself. i guess what i am trying to say though is that monster games has to prove themselves again in my eyes.

Race Winner

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/thedecoder015

Back to top Go down

Post by nhood53 on July 22nd 2016, 9:25 am

nirvanafan wrote:idk, i want to be excited for the new nascar heat but the thing to keep in mind is that it has been a really long time since the last one and monster games has seemingly only co-developed nintendo games for the past decade. sure the studio put a lot into nascar back then and made amazing games but the point is that this could be a lot different of a group than they used to be. i hate to be that guy but i guess etx racing has left me a lot more cautious with this. at least i feel they nailed the first step with going for some nostalgia and what they did for the cover was cool and hopefully they keep this up for the most important part being the game itself. i guess what i am trying to say though is that monster games has to prove themselves again in my eyes.

From what has been released from DMi and Beta version lets plays that have been posted on YT the game actually appears to be very promising. The AI matches your speed and you can sctually race close with them unlike ETX where you could have a photo finish but the race up to that point wouldn't be that entertaining.

Hood: 3 wins
Vernio: 3 wins
Moss: 4wins
Bunnell: 1 win
Hunter: 1 win, 1 Championship
Gonzalez: 1 win
Kendall: 1 win
D. Bunnell: 1 win
Stucolé: 1 win
G. Hood: 1 All Star win
Kingrey: 1 All-Star Race win
Martin: 1 All-Star Race win
Remember as a note from Vernio himself:
IF YOU THINK FALL, THINK 3!

nhood53
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by alancavy on July 22nd 2016, 12:58 pm

nhood53 wrote:
nirvanafan wrote:idk, i want to be excited for the new nascar heat but the thing to keep in mind is that it has been a really long time since the last one and monster games has seemingly only co-developed nintendo games for the past decade. sure the studio put a lot into nascar back then and made amazing games but the point is that this could be a lot different of a group than they used to be. i hate to be that guy but i guess etx racing has left me a lot more cautious with this. at least i feel they nailed the first step with going for some nostalgia and what they did for the cover was cool and hopefully they keep this up for the most important part being the game itself. i guess what i am trying to say though is that monster games has to prove themselves again in my eyes.

From what has been released from DMi and Beta version lets plays that have been posted on YT the game actually appears to be very promising. The AI matches your speed and you can sctually race close with them unlike ETX where you could have a photo finish but the race up to that point wouldn't be that entertaining.

"Promising"? From the looks of it 95% of NASCAR Heat Evolution needs to be improved, game looks terrible, even as an arcade game which is embarrassing
alancavy
Crew Chief
Crew Chief

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nhood53 on July 22nd 2016, 1:36 pm

alancavy wrote:
nhood53 wrote:

"Promising"? From the looks of it 95% of NASCAR Heat Evolution needs to be improved, game looks terrible, even as an arcade game which is embarrassing

Some of that may only be based on the fact that it's in beta, but based on the fact that I only came in in the Eutechnyx era, it looks like at least better than Eutechnyx. At least in the beta footage the AI don't randomly brake in odd spots at Charlotte Turn 4 or Dover anymore.

Hood: 3 wins
Vernio: 3 wins
Moss: 4wins
Bunnell: 1 win
Hunter: 1 win, 1 Championship
Gonzalez: 1 win
Kendall: 1 win
D. Bunnell: 1 win
Stucolé: 1 win
G. Hood: 1 All Star win
Kingrey: 1 All-Star Race win
Martin: 1 All-Star Race win
Remember as a note from Vernio himself:
IF YOU THINK FALL, THINK 3!

nhood53
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by f1fan on July 22nd 2016, 2:05 pm

How pathetic... as much as I loved NASCAR Heat 2002, reskinning it in 2016 is not a great idea.

Maddie Myatt:

Erin Perkins:

Sean Perkins:
f1fan
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by f1fan on July 22nd 2016, 2:11 pm

I'd buy it solely if they put this as the menu theme!

Maddie Myatt:

Erin Perkins:

Sean Perkins:
f1fan
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by alancavy on July 22nd 2016, 10:41 pm

This is why I'm getting F1 2016 instead of NASCAR Heat Evolution, it seems great so far from Codies
alancavy
Crew Chief
Crew Chief

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top