Offline Host
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The King Of The SCS Possibly Retiring...

+4
McBlair
Hsuorttocs
Finnish909
FUEL
8 posters

Go down

The King Of The SCS Possibly Retiring... Empty The King Of The SCS Possibly Retiring...

Post by FUEL June 10th 2016, 10:34 pm

In the media today with drivers leading up to the raceweekend at Darlington... Richerd Johnson just coming off a pretty strong run at Homestead finishing 8th going after starting 38th in the race. Mace Enterprises overall had a great weekend at Homestead with all their cars finishing 1st, 2nd, 8th, and 12th. Richerd Johnson hasn't been to victory lane since Season 18 at Las Vegas when the race never went green flag, yellow flags were thrown before the drivers could even make a lap. That is the only race in history to never have a Green Flag lap ran... passes made back at that race was done on the restart which had to be done quick.

Overall it was a horrible race however the pole sitter Richerd Johnson won the race. Not counting that race, Richerd's last win came at Season 17 of Savannah. One race prior to the race that injured him pretty bad... After his 22nd Career win at Savannah he was talked as possibly the favorite for winning his 3rd Championship however a bad lap one wreck injured the 2-time champ making him sit out atleast 3 races. Richerd returned but he hasn't been himself since... Now... Richerd will be the first to tell you that your wrong he feels just the same as he once was but the performance out of him has seem to come up short in the past few years...

The media asked Richerd does he feel like a win is coming along for this race team this year or sometime soon and Richerd said simply "I honestly don't know its been a couple years now since my last win. We've had the equipment and cars to win with but just not getting it done. Winning use to be so easy back then but now its gotten so hard its tiring to do this all year."

Later he was asked what's different about "back then" opposed to now and if he was considering retirement with the way he was talking, Richerd said "I guess.. I don't know. Everyones really close now, I have the car, I'm with one of the best teams in the series and we just haven't been where we need to be we put ourselves in a hole at Homestead when we had a winning car, at Homestead it was hard to get to the front. I never got passed that race, started 38th and finished 8th. We got the car, I don't wanna lose faith in myself but its just tiring to do this all year I've been in this sport since the day it was created and loved it but now... I don't. I'm not loving it like I use to. The only thing left I have in my name is being the number one winning driver but here I am tied with Nick who looks like he can win almost every weekend and here we are struggling in basically the same car as his... Maybe my time is coming I'm not sure.. This could be my last year but don't count me out yet."

Richerd Johnson
18th in points looking to make the Chase
Hasn't finished inside the Top 10 in points since Season 16
Holds the record of most consecutive wins in a row at 3 wins back to back to back
Tied with the most wins in the series at 23 with Nick Mace
Tied with the most championships in the series at 2 with Jacob Hart
Won at Daytona in Season 8
Season 5 Indianapolis Winner
Talladega being his better track with 3 wins
Richerd Johnson will make his 357th Career Start at Darlington Round 16 tomorrow... Darlington will be the 362nd SCS Race Ever.
FUEL
FUEL
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

https://www.youtube.com/FUELTheBandicoot

Back to top Go down

The King Of The SCS Possibly Retiring... Empty Re: The King Of The SCS Possibly Retiring...

Post by FUEL June 10th 2016, 10:34 pm

FUEL
FUEL
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

https://www.youtube.com/FUELTheBandicoot

Back to top Go down

The King Of The SCS Possibly Retiring... Empty Re: The King Of The SCS Possibly Retiring...

Post by Finnish909 June 11th 2016, 1:16 pm

Finguy: "King Richerd... Now that's a guy that'll be a total miss in the garage. It'll be sad to see him not in a car but, he's THE guy. And I'm just lucky to even get my three wins but he has 23. That's something I never get tired of hearing."
Finnish909
Finnish909
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post by Hsuorttocs June 11th 2016, 1:35 pm

Roush: "If it is his last season, I dunno how they'll replace him, I don't even race with him but I've gotten to know him a little and he is such a vibrant personality in the garage. There would definitely be a gap that someone would have to fill. Sadly though, at some point in time, a legend has to hang up the hat at some point"
Hsuorttocs
Hsuorttocs
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

Back to top Go down

Post by McBlair June 11th 2016, 1:43 pm

Bishop Jr: Although him going would be a loss, I'm sure his son [Ricky Johnson] has enough talent to fill his fathers shoes in the garage.
McBlair
McBlair
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by RedViperGaming June 11th 2016, 2:48 pm

Pericles:" He is a man of Legend himself, such a great guy. His son Ricky has some REAL big shoes to fill. I'm going to miss you King."
RedViperGaming
RedViperGaming
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr.YAMP June 11th 2016, 5:12 pm

Davis: Real question is will the 20 be retired or will someone else drive it. I one of the lucky people to be able to drive it in such a short span of 2 races back in season 17 of 18 I think. Great to be working with him again this season. It's great to be working with 3 great veterans from season 1.
Mr.YAMP
Mr.YAMP

Back to top Go down

Post by CJ Racing June 11th 2016, 6:01 pm

Dodd: "While I haven't talked to Richerd much, you can clearly feel his presence in the garage area. He is someone that you can learn a lot from just by following him on the race track. If he does decide to retire, I hope that he feels like he fulfilled his goals and expectations for his career, and that he can go on feeling proud of what he accomplished in the SCS."
CJ Racing
CJ Racing
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

Back to top Go down

Post by Rick.Johnson June 12th 2016, 7:42 pm

I didn't want this forum to be posted.
Rick.Johnson
Rick.Johnson
Shop Sweep
Shop Sweep

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZIXmnZOBn7DSb5M3G9UuLQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down