Offline Host
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2017 SCS Team Owners Thoughts

4 posters

Go down

2017 SCS Team Owners Thoughts  Empty 2017 SCS Team Owners Thoughts

Post by Mr.YAMP June 14th 2016, 9:32 pm

As the 2017 silly season is about to start I can't help but wonder what every team owners thoughts are. They'll be able to for probably the first time since we started custom cars claim sponsors and numbers that they currently have signed. Something that team owners have been wanting for awhile. In the 2016 Silly Season we had multiple numbers and sponsors taken from teams who had them in 2015. One example is Kellogg's who jumped from Mace Enterprise' #24 to Turner Fenway's #97, before Mace could even negotiate with them. Something doesn't feel right though, and it has to do with the unsigned sponsors and numbers. Teams are locking up sponsors and numbers they didn't even own. Instead of rolling the dice like we have done seasons past going into the Team Sign-Ups. Numbers like #11 and #49 that are not owned might get locked up before anyone has a chance. Same goes for sponsors. This bugs me because now everyone doesn't have a fair shot to grab something that is rightfully up for grabs this season. I wanna hear y'all thoughts on the matter. Do we let open stuff get taken before the sign-ups or should we not be able to touch unsigned sponsors and numbers till team sign-ups? Really wanna hear your opinions.
Mr.YAMP
Mr.YAMP

Back to top Go down

2017 SCS Team Owners Thoughts  Empty Re: 2017 SCS Team Owners Thoughts

Post by Mr.YAMP June 14th 2016, 9:36 pm

P.S. I think you should be able to lock up sponsors for cup you have in Hardee's but not numbers.

Last edited by Mr.YAMP on June 14th 2016, 9:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mr.YAMP
Mr.YAMP

Back to top Go down

Post by CJ Racing June 14th 2016, 9:41 pm

I completely agree, I think that you should have to wait until signups to be able to lock in unsigned numbers and sponsors, that way it adds a level of intensity to the beginning of silly season.
CJ Racing
CJ Racing
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

Back to top Go down

Post by RedViperGaming June 14th 2016, 9:49 pm

What Dodd Said.
RedViperGaming
RedViperGaming
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

Back to top Go down

Post by Finnish909 June 14th 2016, 10:47 pm

I completely disagree. Matter of reasons really. But yet after the FPNM debockale, it could be fixed so one car can have a different look than the other(if you look at the 62 and 92 you see why). That and, I fear some teams will hate the idea of giving a number up that stayed with the team for as long as a year or, as long as the team started. But as well as sponsors for well, it could end in a bloodbath for minor things.
Finnish909
Finnish909
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post by CJ Racing June 14th 2016, 11:15 pm

But I'm not talking about signed numbers and sponsors, but rather ones that haven't been signed yet, like Wrangler or the #11 like YAMP said. The sponsors/numbers that are already assigned to teams should only be able to be taken by another team if the team that has them doesn't want to use/resign them.
CJ Racing
CJ Racing
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr.YAMP June 14th 2016, 11:46 pm

^that's what I was trying to say. If you have it from this season and wanna carry it over you earned it. If you don't have that sponsor or number this season then you shouldn't be able to get it before team Sign-Ups.
Mr.YAMP
Mr.YAMP

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum