CM Racing Team Thread

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Re: CM Racing Team Thread

Post by johnnyracer24 on December 21st 2017, 7:58 pm

Arndt: It took awhile to determine who I will be going with next season, but after some time alone and discussing with friends, I came to the decision to return to the team who gave me my first chance. I had many good offers, but CM felt like the best way to go forward.

Last season was tough. We started to poke through and do good things, including a surprising run for 2nd at Texas. I did have a ride at Athenian in the Cup Series, but I came to the decision that I was nowhere near ready. A second year is the best possible way to get ready for 2019 when I actually feel like I deserve the chance.

Going to be interesting to be the veteran of the team now at CM Racing instead of the rookie. Hannah, Alex, and Jek will all be great teammates and I hope we can all bounce ideas off each other to better ourselves.
johnnyracer24
Veteran
Veteran

View user profile https://www.reddit.com/user/johnnyracer24/

Back to top Go down

Post by CJ Racing on March 12th 2018, 12:13 am

CM Racing Post-Race Team Report after Round 1 @Daytona

Jek Porkins: Started 7th, Finished 2nd
Alex Benyacko: Started 6th, Finished 4th
Hannah Allen: Started 2nd, Finished 7th
John Arndt: Started 5th, Finished 29th

So Close! CM Racing Nearly Wins the Daytona 250
3 of 4 Drivers Finish in the Top 10, Arndt Involved in Wreck While Leading

In what was a great opening race for the team, CM Racing came out of the box strong, with each driver having a chance to win the Daytona 250. John Arndt and Hannah Allen were 1-2, in a 6-car breakaway in the 2nd half of the race, and looking like they were going to be able to have a fantastic chance to be able to battle it for the victory...

Unfortunately, it was not meant to be, as a.... well, an "errant" lap car made a "harsh" and "unexpected" move that Arndt wasn't ready for(EDITOR'S NOTE: DANG, it's really hard not to be unbiased here, I mean this is supposed to a Post-race report on the team, really without personal opinions, but let's be real, the #74 was an idiot!!! Anyways... :/), putting him in the wall and costing him his chance at winning the race.

But the CM Racing team continued to fight, and as the laps wound down Hannah Allen, Jek Porkins, and Alex Benyacko also made their way up to the front with a chance to win the race, but ultimately, it was not meant to be. But it was a great performance by the team overall, and they will look to take that momentum to Rockingham.

Tommy Turbo(CM Racing President/CEO): "I am so proud of this entire team for how hard they worked all offseason to get ready for 2018, and the way we ran all race long showed that hard work. I am obviously very disappointed with what happened with (John)Arndt there, getting wrecked by a lap car who really didn't look like he knew what in the world he was doing out there. I know that Arndt will use this as fuel, and will come back strong next week.

Coming down to the end of the race, I thought we had them there with (Jek)Porkins, Alex(Benyacko), and Hannah(Allen) where all up front, until that #4 car(Jake West) came powering down on the bottom, and at that point I thought is was over. But wow did they make a show of it on that outside, they made it work as well as it did all day, and it almost worked out. Really am proud of them for giving it there all, and I am sure that level of competitiveness and desire to win, as drivers and as a team, will continue throughout the season.

On to Rockingham!"

2018 SCS: Driver of the #15 Oreo's Ford for Martin Motorsports
Wins: None(Yet Smile ...)
DNF's: Too Many
Amount of Fun: Priceless

Memorable Moments:
1st Daytona 500 win(as an owner); PNOCS S2 Daytona 500!! (As a Driver); 2-Time Daytona 500 Winner
S1 Duraflame National Racing Series CHAMP, S2 Hershey's Cup Series CHAMP, S3 DASCAR Martini Endurance Series CHAMP!

Motto: Always remember... WATCH OUT FOR THE ORANGE CONE!!
CJ Racing
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CJ Racing on May 14th 2018, 12:31 am

Kurtis Racing+CM Racing to Bring Alliance to the Sony Cup Series in 2019!

Starting back in the 2017 Hardee's National Series season, CM Racing and Kurtis Racing started building a bond between the 2 teams. In 2018, that bond turned into an official alliance in the HNS, which up to this point in the season has paid major dividends for both teams.

Both teams had already been in serious discussions about their 2019 plans, and when it was announced that Kurtis Racing had bought out Athenian Motorsports earlier this week, the door opened for both CM Racing, who was already planning on bringing back their SCS program in 2019, and Kurtis Racing, to bring their Alliance to the big stage. Both teams are currently planning on running 2 cars each for 2019, with Kurtis Racing expected to have a say in driver personnel decisions for the CM Racing team.
----------------------------------------------------------

Joseph Kurtis(Owner of Kurtis Racing): "With our team buying out Athenian, we expect to be decently faster then we are this year, and with CM Racing wanting to move on up to Cup, we were willing to help. Our partnership has been strong in the HNS so far and with success, so we are hoping we can find some of that success for 2019 and beyond. Our teams are linked together and everybody there seems to get along, and that's what will help us in gathering info in the Chevy camp especially as we transition to a completely new racecar."

Tommy Turbo(President/CEO of CM Racing):
"Ever since we agreed to make the decision to (in essence trade) sell our SCS team last year to Athenian, and in turn buyout their HNS team, we have been looking for an opportunity to come back to Full-time SCS competition as soon as possible. While we have enjoyed great success in the HNS this year so far, there is nothing like owning and growing an SCS team, which CM Racing had done over the last few seasons prior, which is why we continued to run CM Racing Part-Time this year(2018).

We have been in consistent communication with Kurtis Racing particularly over this past year, as both teams share a great deal of information and ideals between each other, and when it was announced that Kurtis Racing was buying out Athenian, both teams felt that it was a great opportunity to grow and move our alliance up into the Sony Cup Series for 2019. We are committed to working closely with one another in both SCS and HNS competition, to help each other grow in this series, and we are excited to see what the future will hold."
---------------------------------------------------------

Memorable Moments:
1st Daytona 500 win(as an owner); PNOCS S2 Daytona 500!! (As a Driver); 2-Time Daytona 500 Winner
S1 Duraflame National Racing Series CHAMP, S2 Hershey's Cup Series CHAMP, S3 DASCAR Martini Endurance Series CHAMP!

CJ Racing
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CJ Racing on May 24th 2018, 5:11 pm

CM Racing Post-Race Team Report after Round 6 @Road America

Alex Benyacko: Started 6th, Finished 1st
John Arndt: Started 12th, Finished 4th
Hannah Allen: Started 9th, Finished 8th
Jek Porkins: Started 19th, Finished 30th

Alex Benyacko brings CM Racing their 1st Victory of the Season at Road America!
3 of 4 Drivers Finish in the Top 10, Porkins Spins and Finishes 30th
2nd Straight Victory for CM Racing @Road America!

After the first 5 races, it felt like it was inevitable that at some point, CM Racing was going to get a victory at some point, and what better place for them to go for it then the same track where they won the exact year before, at Road America.

Through the first half of the race, all 4 drivers were making their move up the field(although unfortunately Jek Porkins slid off the track and ended up finishing 30th), including Alex Benyacko, who had made his way up to 3rd. On the last pit stop, the leader(James Richardson) accidentally hit the pit road wall and quickly starting falling back, and combined with a pass on TJ Martin(who had taken the lead from Richardson), making the pass with less then 7 to go and ultimately pulling away to bring CM Racing, Benyacko, and the #8 team their 1st victory of the season! This is Benyacko's 1st win of his career, and CM Racing's 3rd win in their team's history.

A Word from the "President"...

Tommy Turbo(CM Racing President/CEO): "WOO! What a incredible job by Alex Benyacko, he drove his tail off all race long and was able to make his move to win the race. Alex and the #8 team have really jelled this year, and I am so excited to see how they will do the rest of the season, especially now that they have a win under their belt. This is a big boost for this team, and I am excited for the rest of this season."

Memorable Moments:

CJ Racing
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CJ Racing on June 11th 2018, 12:15 am

3 of 4 CM Racing Cars Finish Top 10 @Nashville

John Arndt: Started 19th, Finished 3rd
Hannah Allen: Started 15th, Finished 5th
Alex Benyacko: Started 16th, Finished 9th
Jek Porkins: Started 11th, Finished 16th

Tommy Turbo(President/CEO of CM Racing): "Really proud of our effort here this weekend. We didn't have the best of speed in qualifying, but everyone worked hard and we came away with some solid runs. We might have had a chance at a win even, but the fuel strategy probably hurt us a bit in the end. But still, overall a solid run."

Charlie Smith has a Rough Start, But Finishes Race @Road Atlanta
Charlie Smith: Started 27th, Finished 31st

Tommy Turbo(President/CEO of CM Racing):
"Well, the race didn't go off quite as we planned, but ya know what, we finished the race, and for everything this #03 went through here at Road Atlanta, we will take it. We are so impressed by Charlie(Smith) and this #03's efforts this weekend, almost qualifying their way into the 2nd round was something we never would have expected. We are excited to see how this relationship grows as the season goes along, and this team that was built less then 2 weeks ago continues to gel together."

Memorable Moments:

CJ Racing
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CJ Racing on July 14th 2018, 11:24 pm

CM Racing's last 3 HNS Races

Results from R10 @Myrtle Beach
Hannah Allen:Started 3rd, Finished 1ST
Jek Porkins:Started 2nd, Finished 2nd
John Arndt:Started 24th, Finished 16th
Alex Benyacko:Started 8th, Finished 18th
Team Notes: 1st Win for Hannah Allen, 1st CM Racing 1-2 Finish!

Results from R11 @Richmond
John Arndt:Started 3rd, Finished 1ST
Hannah Allen:Started 2nd, Finished 2nd
Alex Benyacko:Started 2nd, Finished 8th
Jek Porkins:Started 11th, Finished 9th
Team Notes: 1st Win for John Arndt, Back-to-Back 1-2 Finishes for CM Racing, 1st Race where all cars Finished in the Top 10.

Results from R12 @Canadian Tire
John Arndt:Started 3rd, Finished 2nd
Alex Benyacko:Started 2nd, Finished 4th
Hannah Allen:Started 7th, Finished 5th
Jek Porkins:Started 9th, Finished 12th
Team Notes: Despite this being the 1st race all year CM Racing did not lead a lap, this was the 1st race where CM Racing had 3 cars finished in the Top 5!

Memorable Moments:

CJ Racing
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum