Offline Host
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Round 7 of Germany @ Eurospeedway

+7
MrKyleCollins
McBlair
FitzwaterAustralia59
BugattiNightRide
LHP14Florida
Hsuorttocs
f1fan
11 posters

Go down

Round 7 of Germany @ Eurospeedway Empty Round 7 of Germany @ Eurospeedway

Post by f1fan August 26th 2016, 5:36 pm

OOC: I know I say in the Karjala video that we go to Paris next, but I lied. We are here because the Parisian Road Course.
f1fan
f1fan
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Round 7 of Germany @ Eurospeedway Empty Re: Round 7 of Germany @ Eurospeedway

Post by Hsuorttocs August 27th 2016, 12:41 am

Bamboozled Yet Again
Hsuorttocs
Hsuorttocs
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

Back to top Go down

Post by f1fan August 27th 2016, 6:49 pm

Update: Everything is in the new computer! The only change is, if your driver originally had a penalty, that penalty is rescinded. So Thaber's and Tauger's points will look nicer!
f1fan
f1fan
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LHP14Florida August 27th 2016, 7:04 pm

James: And we are back. Let's plz have a solid run here, maybe repeat on the track that gave me career win #1
LHP14Florida
LHP14Florida
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by f1fan August 27th 2016, 8:30 pm

Kenny: This track is one I tend to dread. The rookies are in for a big shock when they get out here. It is one of the most dangerous tracks we go to.
f1fan
f1fan
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hsuorttocs August 28th 2016, 6:53 pm

Roush: As soon as I got to the track I gained a smile. I'll try to control my emotes better. No more yelling unless it's needed.
Hsuorttocs
Hsuorttocs
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

Back to top Go down

Post by f1fan August 28th 2016, 11:45 pm

Kenny: With the fixed downforce levels we are running, I expect the race to be lower speed. However, I also expect it to be a very tight race. One where any one of us could be in Victory lane!
f1fan
f1fan
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by f1fan August 28th 2016, 11:54 pm

ARCSOA takes on it's 2nd Superspeedway of the Season

For some drivers, Germany may seem a long way from home. However, Eurospeedway offers a nice home-away-from-home for some of the ARCSOA paddock. This 2.0-mile triangular oval, is sight to our 2nd Superspeedway of the season. The first Superspeedway race at Texas Motor Speedway, saw Lucian Eckdahl win his first ARCSOA Elite Series race under yellow.

Unlike Texas Motor Speedway, Eurospeedway is wide enough to promote pack racing. At TMS, we saw a type of racing where "the slingshot" was paramount. At Eurospeedway, we expect to see a far closer, and tighter pack. More 3-4 wide racing is expected in Germany as well.

However, the one thing that transcends all, when we go to a Superspeedway is the likelihood of "The Big One." The Big One is a massive pile-up that involves 8 or more cars. The Big One is typically seen only on these flat out/high speed ovals. Due to the close nature of the racing here, even the best cars are in danger of being swept up in it.

As stated earlier, Eurospeedway is all about the pack. However, there is a key to Eurospeedway. The track relies heavily on managing grip entering and exiting a corner. On entry, the turns are wider then the straight. So a driver can naturally force the creation of a 4th or 5th lane. However, things must sort themselves out before entering the straights, because you can go 5-wide in a corner, but you can't leave doing that.

Finally, out of all the races leading up to the American 700, Eurospeedway is the most like the Auto Club Speedway in Fontana that the track is held on. Expect drivers who do well here, to be threats for the American 700.
f1fan
f1fan
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BugattiNightRide August 29th 2016, 12:08 am

Shepherd: Eurospeedway seems like a fun track, I really hope it turns out that way. Considering the safety of the track, wrecks I've watched on television here are sometimes massive, and they don't turn out well. Oh, have mercy on my soul.
BugattiNightRide
BugattiNightRide
Race Winner
Race Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by Hsuorttocs August 29th 2016, 5:55 pm

Roush: I can do this. I've raced on dega with success and this promotes the same racing so I think I'll do well!
Hsuorttocs
Hsuorttocs
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

Back to top Go down

Post by FitzwaterAustralia59 August 29th 2016, 6:53 pm

This track has been kind to me in the past.
FitzwaterAustralia59
FitzwaterAustralia59
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

Back to top Go down

Post by f1fan August 29th 2016, 9:49 pm

Points after 7 Rounds:
f1fan
f1fan
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McBlair August 29th 2016, 10:23 pm

That may've been my favourite race in AES history... Like, holy shit. The finish was heart pumping on top of it all, not knowing who'd pit and who'd stay out. The finish was close. And I was kept on my toes the entire race because anybody could've won. Props to you Kenny for this great race!
McBlair
McBlair
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by f1fan August 29th 2016, 10:31 pm

McBlair wrote:That may've been my favourite race in AES history... Like, holy shit. The finish was heart pumping on top of it all, not knowing who'd pit and who'd stay out. The finish was close. And I was kept on my toes the entire race because anybody could've won. Props to you Kenny for this great race!

I actually hated that race for a few reasons. One I forgot to export the results, so I had to go back and redo them via provisionals. The other thing was that my engine sounds are too high.

This was my first race run at Bowling Green, and my first on the new computer. That is all fixed when we get to Round of Russia!

All that aside, it was a pretty decent race!
f1fan
f1fan
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MrKyleCollins August 29th 2016, 10:37 pm

*So, just take the emotionalness from Matt DiBendetto's Bristol interview and imagine Collins with the same emotionalness*

Collins: Yea baby! We finally did it. I came back from a huge break because of an almost career ending crash and manage to win. My first win in ARCSOA history. Can't get much better them that. I've been dreaming if this moment since I started racing. What made this better was it was me, and my two-time teammate, and best friend in the paddock Nick Pericles by ourselves drag racing it to the finish line. He's always believed in me and it was great to be able to get my win battling him. Thanks to D&C and Monster as well for making this be possible.
MrKyleCollins
MrKyleCollins
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by f1fan August 29th 2016, 10:45 pm

Kenny: It was sputtering with about 3 to go, so I didn't think it would make it. Collins, Pericles, Baskinger, and some others did a great job saving gas. I really wasn't paying attention, because I thought we'd get another caution.

Kenny: I don't know what it is with Eurospeedway, but it really is the place for first time winners.
f1fan
f1fan
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RedViperGaming August 29th 2016, 10:51 pm

Pericles: Wouldn't Want to Lose To Anyone Else! Collins Scared the Shit out of me On that Last Corner, I thought I was in the Clear. Two-Time Teammates and Finishing 1st and 2nd? Wouldn't Want it Any other way. Not only that but Collins is My Best Friend and is like my brother, It was awesome to see him get to Victory lane after his Injury! The car was great, got the pole, Led a good amount of laps and it's a Great race for Momentum for both of us. So even if I didn't Win; I'll Tack this Race as One just because of the Great Race!

Rehall: Damaged and Finished Top 15..Still Managed to Drop In Points. It's alright, though Blue Flares will bounce back Next Race! Congrats to Collins!

CFA: Meh.
RedViperGaming
RedViperGaming
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

Back to top Go down

Post by BugattiNightRide August 29th 2016, 10:51 pm

Shepherd: Dreadful race. From that tire rub, to a stack-up. The brakes were definitely not well made for wreck avoidances. Anyways, congrats to Collins. Hopefully I can finish in a better position at Russia.
BugattiNightRide
BugattiNightRide
Race Winner
Race Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by Persona40 August 29th 2016, 10:58 pm

Brock: "Well, we were running near the front all day, and almost got a good finish, but ended ended up coming to the pits going into the last lap. Hopefully, we can bounce back from that in the next race."
Persona40
Persona40
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by McBlair August 29th 2016, 11:33 pm

Phadkar: My day wasn't looking too bad. Then I rear ended in a freight train incident. I was managing to keep up with the big teams but once Tanya Jackwater held me up I knew my car wouldn't be able to get back to the front. I was correct. Well regroup and try again next weekend. Congrats to Collins! Don't know any other driver who would deserve a win as much as him! He's come from the worst of the worst teams, and he's overcome life threatening injuries to finally win.
McBlair
McBlair
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by CJ Racing August 30th 2016, 12:50 am

Dodd, 13th: "Nice, a solid run for the CJ Racing team all around, keeping the European momentum going! But man, I am so proud of Kyle Collins, to come back from all that he went through to win, it makes me so happy to see him get the job done! Great job Collins!"

CJ Racing: "Our most solid overall run for our team, with Michaels finishing 8th and Dodd finishing 13th!"
CJ Racing
CJ Racing
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

Back to top Go down

Post by nhood53 August 30th 2016, 7:33 am

f1fan wrote:
McBlair wrote:That may've been my favourite race in AES history... Like, holy shit. The finish was heart pumping on top of it all, not knowing who'd pit and who'd stay out. The finish was close. And I was kept on my toes the entire race because anybody could've won. Props to you Kenny for this great race!

I actually hated that race for a few reasons. One I forgot to export the results, so I had to go back and redo them via provisionals. The other thing was that my engine sounds are too high.

This was my first race run at Bowling Green, and my first on the new computer. That is all fixed when we get to Round of Russia!

So you're going to WKU for college? You're about 30 mins from where I live if you are!

nhood53
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

Back to top Go down

Post by f1fan August 30th 2016, 12:35 pm

nhood53 wrote:
f1fan wrote:

So you're going to WKU for college? You're about 30 mins from where I live if you are!

No Bowling Green State University in Bowling Green, Ohio!
f1fan
f1fan
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down