Round 13 of Michigan @ Wolverine Lake Raceway

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Round 13 of Michigan @ Wolverine Lake Raceway - Page 2 Empty Re: Round 13 of Michigan @ Wolverine Lake Raceway

Post by f1fan on September 10th 2016, 12:31 am

Takumi Tagora, Myatt, and Forsythe make statement

Tagora's statment:
"First of all, we are very happy to say that both the PETRONAS Honda, and the Honda Development teams, are 100% behind Henry Sandfer's long recovery. We at Honda Racing ARCSOA Division are confident that Henry can live a life of fulfillment despite what challenges he may come across!

We must also thank Dr. Madison Forsythe, for her amazing display of medical ability in saving his life. Without Dr. Forsythe's ability, I am pretty sure we'd be holding a press conference for a very different reason right now."

Spoiler:
I went to the hospital to check up on Henry, I am not at liberty to provide details, but he is in pretty bad shape right now. I can confirm, he still in a medically-induced coma right now, and will be for the foreseeable future. Outside of that, I will not confirm any details about his condition.

I can say, that without the on site medical crew's care, everyone seems to be in agreement that Henry would not be here. The medical advancements since Jeffery Finguy's tragic wreck, have been enormous. Having an on-site doctor that travels with the series I think makes all the drivers at ease. Well, all except maybe myself, simply because if I do something stupid, she goes into wife mode and nags me to retire quicker. But from what I hear, without the care of Dr. Forsythe, Henry wouldn't be here. As a husband, I couldn't be more happy for my wife.

Dr. M. Forsythe's comments:
The driver of Car #1 sustained severe injuries in the accident at the Wolverine Lake Raceway. I administered medical care on seen, and placed him in a medically induced coma at the track in order to prevent brain damage. Beyond that, I will not speak of the specifics of Mr. Sandfer's injuries. The family will make those details clear when they feel comfortable doing so.

I will say this, it was the single worst accident I have ever come across. I was an intern in the Season 9 race at Fontana which killed 2 drivers. However, I was not at the track at the time of the incident, as I was in an ambulance with my future husband after he sustained a concussion earlier in the race. To say the Sandfer incident was shocking to me, was an understatement. The scene was one of the worst I have come across. It honestly is a miracle he survived the incident. I think the safety enhancements in the car, and the preliminary work done by my crew saved his life. Under the circumstances of a driver being permanently affected by this wreck, I can honestly say the crew did the best job they could.

(Forsythe was questioned about training her crew)

I have regular training sessions with my crew. I actually had one 2 weeks ago with my crew and I needed two drivers. The only one to volunteer was Henry Sandfer. I had to lie to my husband and tell him we were going out to a dinner date, to get a second driver for the test. Henry Sandfer was open to us administering an IV while he was in a "crashed car." Needless to say the other "voulenteer" with the initials KM wasn't too keen on being my medical staff's pin cushion.

But to answer your question, yes. We do participate in regular tests of our medical staff. I would like to do more then we do currently. However, it is hard to find volunteers who are ARCSOA drivers that are willing to spend a day with us poking and probing them from inside their race cars.

Maddie Myatt:
Round 13 of Michigan @ Wolverine Lake Raceway - Page 2 Maddie11

Erin Perkins:
Round 13 of Michigan @ Wolverine Lake Raceway - Page 2 Maddie10

Sean Perkins:
Round 13 of Michigan @ Wolverine Lake Raceway - Page 2 Sean_p10
f1fan
f1fan
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Round 13 of Michigan @ Wolverine Lake Raceway - Page 2 Empty Re: Round 13 of Michigan @ Wolverine Lake Raceway

Post by gordonfan291 on September 10th 2016, 11:32 am

Family Statement

First of the Sandfer family would like to thank all the drivers for all their well wishes as well as the medical teams both at the track and at the hospital for their hard and diligent work. Henry was suffering from internal bleeding caused by one bruised rib and 3 cracked ones. At this moment Henry is still in the coma as the surgery is going on to fix his ribs and if that goes well doctors said he will be out of a coma in 2 days because by then he would be in stable condition. Doctors have also said that he will likely not be able to walk again unless he has the determination to do so but it won't be for a while
gordonfan291
gordonfan291
Shop Sweep
Shop Sweep

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hsuorttocs on September 10th 2016, 11:45 am

Roush: I just am praying for Henry as I can't believe how this YEAR has been. First it was Hayden Kline in SCS, A person I pulled for as a kid for Sony. Then my Best friend Aidan Shepherd in AES. And now Henry. A person I look at for advice also in AES.
OOC: If I had the template I would put his Last Name on the windshield banner. But then again. I also don't have access to my computer rn

SCS Wins: 0

Season 2 PWCOM
Round 13 of Michigan @ Wolverine Lake Raceway - Page 2 Srg10
Secondary Character Wins: 7
Poles: 0
PS3 League Wins: 5
- S1 Best Buy CS @ Las Vegas (first trip)
- S1 Best Buy CS @ Auto Club (first trip)
- S1 Grainger CS @ Dover (first trip)
- S2 Best Buy CS @ Daytona (500)
- S1 Ditech CS @ Kansas (first trip)
Hsuorttocs
Hsuorttocs
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hsuorttocs on September 10th 2016, 12:14 pm

During The Red Flag (little late. I know.)
Roush: GEEZ! HENRY! HOW IS HE!
Donlavey (Crew Chief): I don't know... That was pretty Violent. I'll be shocked if he gets into a car again if he lives.
Roush: Oh. My. God. Just saw them towing his car past on the flatbed. He trashed it.
Donlavey: They're taking him to a local hospital. This doesn't look good.
Roush: Damn it. We need to get safer cars. I wish they'd just come up with a middle cockpit car. Every one I've known this year has gotten hurt. I feel like I am next.
Donlavey: You aren't. You're not as aggressive as half these people here.
Roush: So WHAT! I could get spun at anytime. 
Donlavey: Just keep racin clean bud. then you won't. I'm sure.
Roush: T-t-ten four.

Season 2 PWCOM
Hsuorttocs
Hsuorttocs
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RedViperGaming on September 10th 2016, 12:20 pm

Pericles:" Nothing is Worse than being the Guy that Caused the accident, I Feel like I should have been more conservative on that Turn."

Nick Pericles
Owner & Runner of The VCS
Owner of Red Stallion Racing
Sony Cup Driver of Blue Flare Motorsports- #81
AES Driver of Blue Flare Motorsports - #81
S21 AES Champion - SilverSpeed #83
SCS Wins: 3 - Latest : 2015  Round 29 Of New York
AES Wins: 8
RedViperGaming
RedViperGaming
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hsuorttocs on September 10th 2016, 12:28 pm

Roush: I've been in DIRS and we have yet to see one of those types of wrecks. That track is bad that we went to. I'm giving a suggestion to put MIS, Mosport, or Belle Isle on the schedule. They're more qualified than this Death Hole.

Season 2 PWCOM
Hsuorttocs
Hsuorttocs
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BugattiNightRide on September 10th 2016, 12:29 pm

RedViperGaming wrote:Pericles:" Nothing is Worse than being the Guy that Caused the accident, I Feel like I should have been more conservative on that Turn."
Shepherd: It's okay, Nick. Henry didn't have the best line and you were wide. I'm sure he'll be happy that he lived through it anyway. Anyways, happy Henry survived the tremendous crash. Sadly, he had a longer career ahead of him though..
BugattiNightRide
BugattiNightRide
Race Winner
Race Winner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MrKyleCollins on September 10th 2016, 8:51 pm

Collins: Praying for Sandfer, that kid had one hell of a career going for him and it just sucks that it had to end in such a terrible way. But, I'm going to stand by him through his recovery process. Metaphorically of course, I'll be there for him and visit him when I can but I can't always be there. But I first-hand know what it's like. After my open-wheel crash, besides the fact I was told I'd never race again, which I proved them wrong about, I was told if my head was up a few more metres I would've got killed in the wreck. I feel like he needs someone who knows what its like to be in that bad of a crash to support him as well. Because along with how much its hurt him physically, it'll damage him mentally. I still dream about that treacherous day at Indy and I'm terrified to race at Indy again but I'm gonna face my fears and race it. I'm gonna help Henry recover the best I can.
MrKyleCollins
MrKyleCollins
Champion
Champion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hsuorttocs on September 10th 2016, 11:58 pm

Roush: I could hop in for Sandfer. Don't change the window banner or anything if I do.

Season 2 PWCOM
Hsuorttocs
Hsuorttocs
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Persona40 on September 11th 2016, 12:09 am

Brock: "Well, another terrible race for me. Also, thoughts and prayers for Sandfer."
Persona40
Persona40
Champion
Champion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by FitzwaterAustralia59 on September 11th 2016, 9:03 am

Fitzwater: "Praying for Henry. I don't like seeing wrecks like what the wreck I saw with Henry. Praying for a speedy recovery".
FitzwaterAustralia59
FitzwaterAustralia59
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by FitzwaterAustralia59 on September 11th 2016, 9:12 am

Started on Pole I believe my 1st AES Pole. If this race does not go back green I'll take a 5th place finish
FitzwaterAustralia59
FitzwaterAustralia59
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hsuorttocs on September 11th 2016, 11:17 am

Roush: I visited with him. I made him a 1/24 and 1/64 Model Car of his Honda. Not going to help him in his recovery but I can't make magic happen. I'll visit him again tomorrow when he hopefully wakes up. 
OOC: On a sidenote, I can't use my Skype for a lil bit.

Season 2 PWCOM
Hsuorttocs
Hsuorttocs
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilhoit on September 11th 2016, 5:08 pm

FitzwaterAustralia59 wrote:Started on Pole I believe my 1st AES Pole. If this race does not go back green I'll take a 5th place finish
Wilhoit: I'm pretty sure that ARCSOA Officials will not count this race.
Wilhoit
Wilhoit
Engineer
Engineer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by FitzwaterAustralia59 on September 11th 2016, 6:19 pm

Wilhoit wrote:
FitzwaterAustralia59 wrote:Started on Pole I believe my 1st AES Pole. If this race does not go back green I'll take a 5th place finish
Wilhoit: I'm pretty sure that ARCSOA Officials will not count this race.
You might be right on this one
FitzwaterAustralia59
FitzwaterAustralia59
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rykia on September 12th 2016, 9:58 am

Finnish909 wrote:Kenny killing people. How original.

Keep comments like these to yourself.
Rykia
Rykia
Webmaster
Webmaster

View user profile http://offlinehost.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by f1fan on September 12th 2016, 12:17 pm

Fitzwater will get the bonus for his pole, but the race is being called and no points will be awarded.

Maddie Myatt:
Round 13 of Michigan @ Wolverine Lake Raceway - Page 2 Maddie11

Erin Perkins:
Round 13 of Michigan @ Wolverine Lake Raceway - Page 2 Maddie10

Sean Perkins:
Round 13 of Michigan @ Wolverine Lake Raceway - Page 2 Sean_p10
f1fan
f1fan
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2