Offline Host
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Round 30: The ARCSOA Elite Series World Championships @ Port Skyline *Race Posted*

+9
AAllen22
Hsuorttocs
BugattiNightRide
Persona40
gordonfan291
FitzwaterAustralia59
RedViperGaming
nhood53
f1fan
13 posters

Go down

series - Round 30: The ARCSOA Elite Series World Championships @ Port Skyline *Race Posted* Empty Round 30: The ARCSOA Elite Series World Championships @ Port Skyline *Race Posted*

Post by f1fan December 19th 2016, 4:35 pm

Championship Pre-race press statement with Kenny Myatt:

Question: What do you think your chances are this weekend to be the first 4-time ARCSOA Elite Series Champion?

Answer: "I am coming into Port Skyline down 1 point to Charles. Charles has the tie breaker on me, but I think I can pull this off for the PETRONAS Honda brigade. You also can't discount Sean, Nick, or Tylor. Granted Tylor, has a bit of work to do to lock it up. But it hasn't been unheard of for him to pull it off. Nick and Sean need me Sandfer and I to not run up front. I honestly think, one of us five will win the race, and the championship will be determined by a few points. I am the first and only 3-time ARCSOA Elite Series champion, and I think I am poised to make myself the first 4-time champ."

Question: You obviously have Tuomas out there to help you, but if your daughter qualifies for the race, do you expect her to give way for you?

Answer: "Not at all! I don't want her involved with the championship in any way shape or form. Maddie is a talented girl, she should be focused on giving Porsche a victory, even if it costs me the title. I don't think she will get involved either. I honestly think that Maddie is the best young talent to come up the ranks in a few years. If I had a guess, she will be a threat for the win."

Question: Is Charles Sandfer your biggest competition?

Answer: "I wouldn't say that! This title is coming down to a sheer-outright aggression-fest in Port Skyline. Something that in the past, Sandfer hasn't been able to do well. Sean has been incredibly consistent this season, but in the past he was known to be the most aggressive guy on the track. I am actually more worried about Sean and Nick for that matter than Charles. I only will worry about him if I start to have issues. I know I am better here than Charles."

Last edited by f1fan on December 23rd 2016, 1:22 am; edited 1 time in total
f1fan
f1fan
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

series - Round 30: The ARCSOA Elite Series World Championships @ Port Skyline *Race Posted* Empty Re: Round 30: The ARCSOA Elite Series World Championships @ Port Skyline *Race Posted*

Post by nhood53 December 19th 2016, 5:34 pm

Gonzalez:"First start. Not looking at anything good here, but a top 35 would be great. Don't think I'll be able to do what Vernio did in 40 car dirt races here, win in start 1, but it won't hurt to try."

nhood53
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

Back to top Go down

series - Round 30: The ARCSOA Elite Series World Championships @ Port Skyline *Race Posted* Empty Re: Round 30: The ARCSOA Elite Series World Championships @ Port Skyline *Race Posted*

Post by RedViperGaming December 19th 2016, 6:59 pm

Pericles: "Last race was a huge blow for me, but I need Sandfer & Myatt to mess up this race. This is the first championship I'm truly competative in and I'm not letting it go that easily."
RedViperGaming
RedViperGaming
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

Back to top Go down

Post by FitzwaterAustralia59 December 19th 2016, 7:33 pm

End the Season on a high note
FitzwaterAustralia59
FitzwaterAustralia59
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

Back to top Go down

Post by gordonfan291 December 19th 2016, 7:41 pm

C. Sandfer: "Its been a long season and we will definitely been giving it our all out there. I have been at this for almost 10 years and this is the closest I have come to winning it all and I surely will not be giving it up without a good fight."
gordonfan291
gordonfan291
Shop Sweep
Shop Sweep

Back to top Go down

Post by Persona40 December 20th 2016, 1:37 pm

Brock: "Despite having a few good finishes, this season is one I'd like to forget; hopefully, I can end it with a win.
Persona40
Persona40
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by BugattiNightRide December 20th 2016, 6:21 pm

Shepherd: Roush, they have food!
BugattiNightRide
BugattiNightRide
Race Winner
Race Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by Hsuorttocs December 20th 2016, 8:19 pm

Roush: YAY
Hsuorttocs
Hsuorttocs
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

Back to top Go down

Post by AAllen22 December 20th 2016, 8:51 pm

Vincent: "I want to go out with a win. Sort of disappointed to not be fighting for the title, but I guess that's the way it goes. Just need to get ready for next year, to try and follow up this season."

AAllen22
Crew Chief
Crew Chief

Back to top Go down

Post by f1fan December 22nd 2016, 3:42 pm

58 cars set to attempt the Season finale

A 58 car qualifying session is about to begin for the ARCSOA Elite Series season finale at the Port Skyline International Raceway in Port Skyline Amaria. This qualifying session may in fact be the end of the road for someone in the championship fight. It is crucial that Charles Sandfer, Kenny Myatt, Sean Angel, Nick Pericles, and Tylor Thaber qualify for this race, or their championship campaign is over. Sandfer could theoretically win the championship by not starting. However, he would need Myatt to finish below 25th in the race and win it on a tie breaker.

The field of 58 will be split into 2 groups of 29... and the fastest 42 cars combined will make the race!
f1fan
f1fan
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by f1fan December 22nd 2016, 3:43 pm

Starting Grid for ARCSOA World Championships:
f1fan
f1fan
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FitzwaterAustralia59 December 22nd 2016, 11:14 pm

Well just to finish the season on a high note with a bang
FitzwaterAustralia59
FitzwaterAustralia59
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

Back to top Go down

Post by f1fan December 23rd 2016, 12:14 am

f1fan
f1fan
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MrKyleCollins December 23rd 2016, 12:38 am

Collins: "Real proud of Pericles today. Been his best friend since we started racing the Visa Lola'a together and now he's been crowned a championship. This goes to show how underrated he was but none of that matters anymore. Gonna try and get into victory lane to celebrate with him now."

Freeman: "A really good season for us here at BFM. Brock and Rehall really did get the job done. We wish Rehall the best of luck at Team NOPEA Finland, and we're glad to have Brock back in the fleet. BFM had a great showing getting three cars in the top 15. Both Nikula and Perkins getting top 10s. It was a pleasure being able to coach Nikula and have him as a BFM Developmental Driver and I look forward to seeing him race FT with Team NOPEA Finland next year. I'm sure he'll be a contender for ROTY"
MrKyleCollins
MrKyleCollins
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by FitzwaterAustralia59 December 23rd 2016, 1:17 am

Absolutely disappointed with my finish to this season. Not happy with the 51 at all. I'm glad I'm not racing next season or S23. Taking 2 seasons off
FitzwaterAustralia59
FitzwaterAustralia59
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

Back to top Go down

Post by day500champ1 December 23rd 2016, 1:45 am

After failing to qualify for the season finale event, Ryan Griffin spent raceday down in the pit box of his teammate and championship contender, Nick Pericles. Griffin assisted in keeping track of his teammate's lap times as well as cheering him on. What follows are some of the comments Griffin made during the event {OOC: posted in a spoiler for those who haven't seen the race}.

Spoiler:

After the race, Griffin was one of the first drivers to congratulate his teammate on the championship stage. He then was asked by reporters afterword about Nick's championship.

Griffin: "Today just gave Nick [Pericles] what he has honestly worked for a number of years to get and to be quite fair should've already had. He is an incredible teammate and now he has the title to show for his effort."

Griffin, who won the series title 10 seasons ago, was then asked if he had given Nick any advice on being a 1st time champion. His response:

Griffin: "Enjoy every second of it. Don't leave the track tonight till everyone else leaves {laughs}. Take pleasure in this moment. This is his time."

day500champ1
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by f1fan December 23rd 2016, 1:52 am

Kenny: I had Thaber under me on lap #2... I really can't blame anyone there. I had nowhere to go! Congrats to Nick on that championship. He needed that strategy to work. If he would have pitted, he would have lost too much track position. If he would have ran out, he would have lost. The only shot he had, once everyone pitted, he was stuck!
f1fan
f1fan
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Persona40 December 23rd 2016, 1:55 am

Brock: "A little disappointed that I didn't end the season with a win, but I managed to get back up after getting spun by Busaglia, and got a decent finish. So, hopefully next season will be my banner year."
Persona40
Persona40
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by BugattiNightRide December 23rd 2016, 7:27 am

Shepherd: Roush and I were rolling on the floor laughing when Guyfin spun! Texted Nick "Happy Championship!"
BugattiNightRide
BugattiNightRide
Race Winner
Race Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by nhood53 December 23rd 2016, 8:21 am

Ike Gonzalez:"8th! That's what I'm talking about, man. Just looking for a decent ride for S22 now if there's any left. Congrats to Nick Pericles on his championship, he earned it. Sad that it was me, though, that was between Sandfer, Angel, and the title. Thanks, Stucolé for giving me the car I needed to make this happen."
Stucolé:"We are all or nothing, Gonzalez. We'll go all the way to a winning car just to put you on the grid."

nhood53
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

Back to top Go down

Post by johnnyracer24 December 23rd 2016, 12:04 pm

Post race and post season notes:

Too. Many. One. Off Cars. What a crappy way to end off an amazing first season, a DNQ. I do know at least that I need to work on road courses.

I would like to thank Jake Baskinger for allowing me to be on his team for my rookie season. It was amazing to pull off 3 victories for the team, especially as a rookie. Here's to you, hoping for good fate in the next seasons.

After being a DNQ, I decided to stay at the track. Conflicting reports say that I wasn't in my normal NAPA blue but in Zaxby's yellow, and that is true. I had traded my normal colors to prepare for next season.I hung out with my friend and now team owner/team mate Chris Dodd for race day. That was exciting. I'm ready for S22. Hopefully Chris, Scott, and myself can continue to grow this team and eventually become champions. Time for the rise of the Chicken-Mobile

tl:dr: Too many cars, DNQ'd, thanks Jake, Zaxby's
johnnyracer24
johnnyracer24
Veteran
Veteran

https://www.reddit.com/user/johnnyracer24/

Back to top Go down

Post by AAllen22 December 23rd 2016, 12:52 pm

Vincent: "Sad that I didn't get to race in the last race of the year. Spent the day in D.J's pit box, watching the race. Congrats to Pericles on the championship, certainly the underdog in a title fight with names like Sandfer and Myatt. Also, i want to wish D.J. luck at Pertronas. It's been a blast having him as a teammate these last four seasons, he's taught me many things. At least now me and him can battle for spots without worrying about team orders! hahah."

Alex: "Vince, did I just hear you say that Pericles won the title?
Vincent:"Yep old man, the new guard win again."
Alex: "Haha, don't get too comfortable, the old guard still have some fight left. I just wanna say thank you real fast to NOPEA Finland for the shot for this season, had some amazing runs and I hope they do even better with those new cars. I'm excited about next year, to go back racing for D&C. I feel like we have some unfinished business."

AAllen22
Crew Chief
Crew Chief

Back to top Go down

Post by RedViperGaming December 23rd 2016, 3:50 pm

OOC: I sat on the edge of my chair and almost fell, I swear! This Series & the SCS Are enough to give me strokes with how entertaining it can get.

Nick Pericles' Post Race Reaction:
RedViperGaming
RedViperGaming
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

Back to top Go down

Post by McBlair December 24th 2016, 9:24 pm

Pekkanen: I speak for everyone apart of TNF, thanks for letting us join this series. After being successful in both RallyCross and open-wheel we were glad to become apart of our first stock car series. Thanks to Toyota for letting us run with you guys for a season, even if it was with older Camry models. Thanks to Luca Fontana for being apart of the team, it was a great learning curve to have a rookie on the team. I hope we can see you on track again eventually. My biggest thanks may just go to Alex Allen though, this is a man who needed to regain his career and instead of aiming for top teams he came aboard with us and is a huge part of making us where we are. He did extraordinary in the equipment, which brought us good money. We can never thank him enough and wish him the best of luck in those D&C cars. Congrats to Nick Pericles on winning the championship as well. Looking forward for next season!
McBlair
McBlair
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down