Offline Host
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Round of Florida to be honored.

Go down

Round of Florida to be honored. Empty Round of Florida to be honored.

Post by f1fan December 10th 2015, 1:18 am

The 20th anniversary to the first ARCSOA race will not go un-noted. The race at Daytona on the exact anniversary of the first race will be sight to a really special event. ARCSOA CEO Kayla Tonney said in a release, "The race is very hard to come by, as it was the only race not broadcast on television. I think we should honor that race with the recognition it deserves. I am here to announce that this seasons Round of Florida at Daytona, will be an exact replica of the initial race. Instead of 130 Miles, the race will be 80 laps, just like it was that inaugural race. There will also be an awards ceremony in which all 18 drivers that participated in that race will be honored. Then 4 out of the 18, Kenny Myatt, Nick Mace, and Noah and Jacob Hart, will strap into their machines to race in this ceremonial anniversary of this first race."

The inaugural ARCSOA race went Green at 8:08 PM 20 years ago. The race was dominated by two forces, Kenny Myatt, and Noah Hart. Nick Mace was buried deep in the pack and Jacob Hart wrecked out in the first caution on lap 2. Once the big one struck, the field of 18 was cut in half to 9 cars for the final 20 laps. It then turned into a 3 car battle between Noah Hart, Kenny Myatt, and Mason Gordon. On the final lap of the race Kenny Myatt took the lead from Noah Hart entering turn 1. However Hart took the inside line and pulled alongside Myatt on the backstraight. Gordon got behind Myatt and pushed him past Hart. Myatt then went to shut the door, but he wasn't clear. And Myatt slides into Hart. Myatt then over-corrected forcing him into the outside wall and taking Gordon with him. Hart would go on to win the race while both Myatt and Gordon limped their cars home!

For this 20th anniversary, a special Aerodynamic package coupled with slower cars will make the racing very similar to that of the first ARCSOA Elite Series race. Instead of 18 drivers taking the start. 42 drivers will take the Green for this historic race. And the four drivers who were directly involved with the first running, will be hungrier than ever to win this race.
f1fan
f1fan
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Round of Florida to be honored. Empty Re: Round of Florida to be honored.

Post by f1fan December 10th 2015, 2:15 am

Kenny: I think I speak for Noah, Jacob and Nick when I say, I don't think I will fight as hard for a race ever. The inaugural race was run on my Birthday, and I couldn't bring it home on that day. Maybe this time I can get a birthday present. I really want to win this race, but I bet Noah is too. If he wins this race, we will never hear the end of it!
f1fan
f1fan
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down