Offline Host
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Controversy After Round 7 of Springfield

3 posters

Go down

Controversy After Round 7 of Springfield Empty Controversy After Round 7 of Springfield

Post by FUEL March 19th 2017, 9:58 pm

Round 7 of Springfield saw a dirt racer come out on top. We all figured these dirt track racers would feel right at home for Round 7 racing on dirt again. For much of the race we saw many of the best race car drivers around the world all together on the big stage for the Sony Cup Series event in Springfield. The likes of, Baskinger, Davis, James, Lynn, Harple, Pascoe and Turner were all contenders through out the event. Coming down toward the end, Jeffery Lynn had been leading a good portion of the race until having a mechanical failure under the car that proved to be a dying battery. Lynn's #25 team worked on pitroad for 15 seconds to change the battery. The quick repair to the car to make sure it would run a full song was done. Lynn had fell 2 laps down however many laps later scheduled pit stops were going underway.

As pit stops started many drivers were trying to stretch it on fuel just in case we went green all the way and had to play "the fuel mileage game". Late into pitstops as Finguy, Collins, Fitzwater and Jenkins were all staying out in hopes of leading a lap, a strange twist of events happened....

Due to safety concerns of pit road being on dirt the speed limit was a very slow 20mph. With everyone pitting you was going to go down atleast 2 laps down at the bare minimum. Finguy, Collins and Jenkins pitted while Fitzwater stayed out to lead a lap. Well at this moment Jenkins spins into the pit wall bringing out the caution while many guys are caught a lap down due to Fitzwater still being on the lead lap.

Lots of talk spread through the garage and up in the booth about possibly the wreck being intentional to bring out a yellow and help bring Red Bull a victory in a race both drivers were struggling in. The wreck under caution came for the perfect time for Jeffery Lynn. Fitzwater had been off the pace and not with the main crowd all day, Jeffery Lynn was just ahead of Zachary Fitzwater at the time of the caution to be on the tail end of the lead lap. Lynn still needed to pit for tires and fuel because they only focused on the battery. The caution fell with them two, Fitzwater and Lynn being the only lead lap cars. After the race was restarted. Many cars were on the tail end of the lead lap and out of contention for the win unless another caution would fall... There was not another yellow. Lynn vs Fitzwater for the win, Fitzwater struggled all day, Lynn was great all day. Lynn pulled away from Fitzwater until he had his own problems.

Many drivers, teams and fans were very upset with Steven Jenkins for bringing out the caution in what looked to be an attempt to change the outcome of the race, here is what Jenkins had to say, "Well, to start, I can understand why people think it looks that way. I saw it on broadcast after the race, and it looked pretty bad. But I will say it clearly: That was not intentional. I don't have much in the way of dirt experience. In fact, this was my first time on dirt with these cars. I came into pit road too fast, and the car started to oversteer. I then overcorrected, and it went downhill from there."

Many drivers including the team owner himself was frustrated with Jenkins, Baskinger ended up second after the race. Baskinger hinted at possibly releasing Jenkins after the race, "My team ****** me over. I'm debating on finding another driver. Jenkins has not done anything special all season for us. I wouldn't be sad if the officials suspend him for the next few weeks, I might just do it myself if they don't. We're just going to roll with it though. Very tough day when you come so close to a win and it's your team out of all people intervening with you finding victory lane."

As you can tell things are pretty heated after Springfield with Red Bull's Owner and Driver and a lot of other drivers had many other comments after the race like a couple of these drivers.

Sean Perkins: That was bloody blatant by Red Bull! At least when I was driving for them, they at least tried to cover up the idea that they were cheating. Either that or Jenkins is a dimwit. Red Bull better not be in Round 8... That's like the 4th time they have cheated!

Zachary Fitzwater: Very ANGRY at Jenkins so furious. I led a lap but what Jenkins did was STUPIDITY. Way to go Jenkins way to go.

Jesse Turner: Had power problems with the car and fell a lap down. In a weird way, I'm glad that Jenkins stole my thunder and the controversy falls on him now.

Jeffery Finguy: Red Bull did it again. That was some stupid stuff. The officials need to look into that, that was them trying to rig it again... We came home 18th. But it was a day that's in infamy... Park Red Bull that was stupid.

Ryan Acosta: Jenkins has some explaining to do, it really cost us. Him bringing out that caution put us 2 laps down and it kept us there for the rest of the day.

The SCS Officials have stated: "We took a good look at it, from the looks of it at first we saw it as an intentional cause for caution to change the outcome of it. However, we looked into it with great detail and saw this as a driver that struggled all weekend to find good handle of his race car and just made a mistake. Jenkins was lucky to be in the race, had to be in the LCQ. He's not use to these type of races and we were talking very heavily with drivers like him with no experience on race tracks like these in the drivers meeting. We felt all drivers today did outstanding. We are disappointed the end of the race wasn't as exciting as expected. That's just how things fall. Jenkins was on the lead lap with Fitzwater at the time of him pitting so for a team to wreck a perfectly good car capable of still salvaging a decent finishing position doesn't sound realistic in our eyes and truly see this as an accident from an inexperienced dirt racer trying to get to pit road as fast as possible and just lost control. We will not be penalizing Jenkins or Red Bull of the situation, our focus now shifts to Dover."
FUEL
FUEL
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

https://www.youtube.com/FUELTheBandicoot

Back to top Go down

Controversy After Round 7 of Springfield Empty Re: Controversy After Round 7 of Springfield

Post by Mr.YAMP March 19th 2017, 10:05 pm

J Davis: I completely agree with the officials on this one. I'm mad that the caution was brought out, and I'll probably nudge Jenkins out of the way next time I see him, but I've worked with him before, and I didn't think he would be capable of just wrecking a perfectly good car. Especially with so many others having problems in the race he was on his way to at least a top 30 finish. It does suck that I didn't get the finishing result I wanted, but I didn't feel like Jenkins did it on purpose.
Mr.YAMP
Mr.YAMP

Back to top Go down

Controversy After Round 7 of Springfield Empty Re: Controversy After Round 7 of Springfield

Post by FitzwaterAustralia59 March 19th 2017, 10:43 pm

OOC: No comment
FitzwaterAustralia59
FitzwaterAustralia59
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum