Offline Host
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Turner Fenway Racing and Cyberton Motorsports crew FIGHT

3 posters

Go down

Turner Fenway Racing and Cyberton Motorsports crew FIGHT Empty Turner Fenway Racing and Cyberton Motorsports crew FIGHT

Post by FUEL July 31st 2017, 6:05 pm

During the race at Indianapolis we seen a caution at the end involving our title contenders of D.J. Kurtis and Jake Baskinger. Kurtis and Baskinger were racing for position up front at the closing end of the race until Kurtis pushed up into Baskinger off turn 3 and spun Baskinger around up the track and into Matthew Rodriguez ending both of their days. However, heading back to the garage the 97 crew stopped by the 19's pit box and had a few choice words where we understand a few crew guys of both teams got into a little altercation down on pit road. 3 crew members of the 97 team have been suspended from the Round 23 at Watkins Glen and have been fined $2,000 for entering another team's pit box and instigating the fight.

Jake Baskinger and D.J. Kurtis seemed to be okay about the incident considering what had happened on pit road during the race. Jake Baskinger had this to say, "Just got flat out wrecked. This was the best car I have ever had at Indy and just got wrecked. I have talked to DJ and he did apologize. I have a ton of respect for DJ so I forgave him, but I'm not going to let him off easy. I'm not saying I'm going to wreck him for a win or just wreck him because I want to. What I'm saying is that if it comes down to me and him, push comes to shove and I know he would do the same if he had the chance. All to respect to DJ but I think we know were we are and what this season has come to and now we know it's going to come down to the end."

With that said, this hurt Baskinger in the run for a 2nd championship and lost a total of 21 points to Kurtis in the title fight as he now sits 69 points trailing the point lead which is the furthest back Baskinger has been in the title mix since Round 10.

D.J. Kurtis spoke on the matter as well, "We got a good finish today, but I'm rather upset at myself for the incident with Baskinger and Rodriguez earlier on in the race. My car pushed up and I hooked Baskinger. I understand their frustrations, because their team works so hard on their cars to be competitive and go for wins. I don't hold grudges for a reason, I just move on, but I won't expect Baskinger to race me as he did before, he'll be...more aggressive, but I won't blame him. Earning a championship is one thing, but avoiding conflicts is more important to me."

Both drivers are well aware of the stakes in these races and it seems as those tensions especially from the #97 camp is a little high as their title hopes took a big hit this past weekend. Baskinger will be looking to rebound on Kurtis in making up ground in the championship only problem is they are returning to another road course at Watkins Glen. Jake Baskinger's average finish on road courses this season has been 19th while D.J. Kurtis has an average finish of 1st on the road courses.
FUEL
FUEL
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

https://www.youtube.com/FUELTheBandicoot

Back to top Go down

Turner Fenway Racing and Cyberton Motorsports crew FIGHT Empty Re: Turner Fenway Racing and Cyberton Motorsports crew FIGHT

Post by FitzwaterAustralia59 July 31st 2017, 8:40 pm

Jeez
FitzwaterAustralia59
FitzwaterAustralia59
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

Back to top Go down

Turner Fenway Racing and Cyberton Motorsports crew FIGHT Empty Re: Turner Fenway Racing and Cyberton Motorsports crew FIGHT

Post by JJRacer89 July 31st 2017, 10:10 pm

Glad that Jake and D.J. settled out the situation very maturely. At least the fans on the front straightaway got to see a good show with the crew members getting into that tussle.
JJRacer89
JJRacer89
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down