Offline Host
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sony Cup Series signs a TV deal to broadcast Qualifying for 2018

2 posters

Go down

Sony - Sony Cup Series signs a TV deal to broadcast Qualifying for 2018 Empty Sony Cup Series signs a TV deal to broadcast Qualifying for 2018

Post by FUEL December 14th 2017, 2:23 pm

In the past, the Sony Cup Series broadcasted qualifying sessions during the 2016 season often but failed to ink a deal with FUEL TV in 2017 to broadcast qualifying. However, the Sony Cup Series did manage to get qualifying aired on TV for the Daytona 500, Indy 250 and Atlanta this year and has been working during the off season to work out a deal to air it's qualifying session live to it's fans yet again. Well today it's official that in the 2018 Season for the Sony Cup Series that qualifying will be aired for it's fans to see. The series doesn't have an official time stamp of when it's qualifying videos will be but it is rumored that 3:30EST on Friday's are going to be when majority of qualifying sessions will start.

There is a rumor going around that the Sony Cup Series is not done with trying to do more TV coverage with it's series. We hear that the DAYTONA 500 Practice Sessions are under negotiation with FUEL TV in trying to get air time on the network for speed week's special race.
FUEL
FUEL
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

https://www.youtube.com/FUELTheBandicoot

Back to top Go down

Sony - Sony Cup Series signs a TV deal to broadcast Qualifying for 2018 Empty Re: Sony Cup Series signs a TV deal to broadcast Qualifying for 2018

Post by FUEL December 23rd 2017, 3:22 pm

Official Statement: Qualifying will be recorded in 2017 on Friday's at 4PM EST.

- Group Qualifying will set the field (Only Exception: DAYTONA 500 Pole Day Qualifying). The way the field will be split into groups is off owner points. Odd number cars in last year's owner points will be apart of Group 1 Qualifying and even number cars in last years owner points will be apart of Group 2 Qualifying.

- After every 12 races we will split the qualifying field by Owner Points. So after Round 12 and Round 24 we will use 2018's Owner Points to split the field accordingly of where they stand. This will help keep team's on an equal and fair playing field through out the season.

- Top 18 in group qualifying, qualify in on time. Group 1 Qualifiers will start on the inside row, Group 2 Qualifiers will start on the outside row.

- If the fastest qualifier in Group 2 is faster than Group 1's qualifier than Group 2's fastest driver will win the pole for the race and he will start on the inside row.
FUEL
FUEL
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

https://www.youtube.com/FUELTheBandicoot

Back to top Go down

Sony - Sony Cup Series signs a TV deal to broadcast Qualifying for 2018 Empty Re: Sony Cup Series signs a TV deal to broadcast Qualifying for 2018

Post by FitzwaterAustralia59 December 23rd 2017, 6:08 pm

YES. Thank god its back
FitzwaterAustralia59
FitzwaterAustralia59
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down