Offline Host
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2-Time Daytona 500 Champion looks for his return in 2018

2 posters

Go down

2018 - 2-Time Daytona 500 Champion looks for his return in 2018 Empty 2-Time Daytona 500 Champion looks for his return in 2018

Post by FUEL December 24th 2017, 11:04 pm

2017 was a year that Sean Perkins the Season 8 Champion would love to forget. In a year that looked to be very promising after running Top 5 in California and Darlington and nearly pulling off a win for Blue Flare Motorsports over seas until wrecking with a lap car late in the race... Perkins found continuous bad luck as it led to South Boston where he was involved in a crash late in the race where he wrecked head on into the outside wall. The wreck gave SCS Champion a concussion. This was Perkin's 3rd concussion over his long and luxurious career and a concussion that forced Perkins to sit out of many Sony Cup Series races in 2017.

Sean Perkins originally made it known his concussion was career ending that he didn't want to risk getting another concussion that could make it worse for him to live a healthy life. However, over the season Perkins worked with his doctors to get healthier and mentally better to overcome his concussion and has decided he wants to take the chance behind the wheel one more time and feels he didn't finish his career off the way he wanted. Sean Perkins told New York Times Journalist a few weeks back that "He's not done yet, I still have a lot more to give in this sport." Perkins teamed up with a familiar team that he use to drive for a few years back.

HorizonGroup was looking for a driver to replace Dillon Young who just came off winning at California for the team in 2017. Sean Perkins drove for HorizonGroup in 2015 and he won with them in 2015 as well at California. Perkins and HorizonGroup have hope that they can both build together to help each other get better after a miserable 2017 it was for both Perkins and HorizonGroup as both of them look for a solid year in 2018 as Perkins and HorizonGroup prepare to win the 22nd Annual Great American Race, The DAYTONA 500.
FUEL
FUEL
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

https://www.youtube.com/FUELTheBandicoot

Back to top Go down

2018 - 2-Time Daytona 500 Champion looks for his return in 2018 Empty Re: 2-Time Daytona 500 Champion looks for his return in 2018

Post by f1fan December 25th 2017, 7:26 pm

Sean: My goal is one more win... That's all I ask for.
f1fan
f1fan
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down