Offline Host
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Richard Johnson returns to race in the 2018 DAYTONA 500

5 posters

Go down

Richard Johnson returns to race in the 2018 DAYTONA 500 Empty Richard Johnson returns to race in the 2018 DAYTONA 500

Post by FUEL January 12th 2018, 12:21 am

Richard Johnson, Season 1 and 5 Champion, 24-Time Sony Cup Series Winner and established the series "King of Motorsports". Johnson since 2016 has been bumped down to 2nd all-time on the win list after Nick Mace surpassed him in the win list. Richard Johnson for many years led all drivers in the win column.

Richard Johnson decided to hang up the helmet from full-time competition after the 2016 Season and didn't race at all in the 2017 Season however the legend is back for more action.

August of 2016, Richard Johnson announced that he would not return to the series in 2017 but the very last thing he said in his speech was "he wasn't ruling out any future return" and here he is coming back to make one more go in the Daytona 500.

Richard Johnson has won nearly everything you could win in the Sony Cup Series but the Daytona 500. Which has been a huge void in his career and Johnson has said that if there's one thing he wish he was able to accomplish in his career it is winning the greatest stock car race of all time... The Daytona 500. 

Johnson has paired up with Nick Mace and Jeff James to help make something happen for the 22nd Annual Daytona 500. The dream of being a Daytona 500 Champion still is a reality as Richard Johnson plans to drive for Jeff James Inc. in the Daytona 500. Johnson's loyal sponsors of Amoco and BP will be on the car helping sponsor the car. Johnson will not be driving his famed #20 car but will be driving the #93 Chevy in the Great American Race. 

With help from Mace Enterprises to provide the engine and supplies to make Johnson and Jeff James Inc. competitive for the 2018 Daytona 500... The dream is still alive and the legend returns to the track in a series he helped create from the ground up.
FUEL
FUEL
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

https://www.youtube.com/FUELTheBandicoot

Back to top Go down

Richard Johnson returns to race in the 2018 DAYTONA 500 Empty Re: Richard Johnson returns to race in the 2018 DAYTONA 500

Post by f1fan January 12th 2018, 12:33 am

Sean: My prediction is, he won't qualify
f1fan
f1fan
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Richard Johnson returns to race in the 2018 DAYTONA 500 Empty Re: Richard Johnson returns to race in the 2018 DAYTONA 500

Post by CJ Racing January 12th 2018, 12:34 am

Dodd: "What a welcome back, man is it gonna be cool to race against the first #GOAT of the SCS, the legend that wrote the history of this great series. It will be an honor to drive against him, and with Mace backing him, there's no question he is gonna be in a good car."
CJ Racing
CJ Racing
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

Back to top Go down

Post by EugeneDemax24 January 12th 2018, 1:14 am

Eugene: WOW! Welcome back old friend! It may be a short visit but at least I'll get to see good ol' Richy in SCS again!
I wish him the best of luck at Speedweeks!

Eric: I was very surprised to hear this but I'm so excited to go up against an old legend! Him and my father both grew up together during their times in this series and Richard was the other person along with my dad who helped me who I am today as a racer!
Hopefully this time, the student will surpass the assistant teacher Wink
EugeneDemax24
EugeneDemax24
Shop Sweep
Shop Sweep

Back to top Go down

Post by FitzwaterAustralia59 January 14th 2018, 11:03 pm

WOW welcome back Richerd i didnt think you had the drive to come back. Btw I owe you a beer from 2016 XD
FitzwaterAustralia59
FitzwaterAustralia59
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down