Offline Host
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sony Cup Series tightening down on the rules

2 posters

Go down

Sony - Sony Cup Series tightening down on the rules Empty Sony Cup Series tightening down on the rules

Post by FUEL March 26th 2018, 11:10 pm

Early into the 2017 Season, the series made a sudden change in regulation in managing the races when it came to penalizing drivers for causing too many accidents. The Sony Cup Series seen 5 yellow flags come out during the 300 mile race last Sunday but even that was enough to make the officials step in and take charge of the situation. Tonight, the series has made it known that if they deem you are the cause of 2 or more accidents during the race they will penalize you a grid penalty for the following race or a points penalty. A lot of talk has been said this is a reaction to Matthew Rodriguez being the cause of 2 big wrecks of Sunday's race, including the wreck Charles Sandfer and Hayden Kline suffered injuries.

Either way, the series has raised the bar in quality out of the drivers to be mindful and to keep from causing accidents the series would otherwise deem avoidable.
FUEL
FUEL
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

https://www.youtube.com/FUELTheBandicoot

Back to top Go down

Sony - Sony Cup Series tightening down on the rules Empty Re: Sony Cup Series tightening down on the rules

Post by f1fan March 27th 2018, 10:33 am

Sean: I am kind of surprised that the powers that be are taking this approach. The Fontana race wasn't that crazy of a race. Yes, Matthew Rodriguez was involved in a wreck. However, that's racing. Racing is a dangerous profession, we all get that. Some drivers got hurt in Fontana. We all take the risk of getting hurt, we get it. However, I feel like the SCS officials are trying to kill a fly with a sledgehammer when they should be using a fly swatter.

If a driver does something stupid, they should be penalized. However, it's important to not overreact.
f1fan
f1fan
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down