Offline Host
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Round 20: The Grand Prix of Ohio @ Catawba Central International Raceway

+5
FitzwaterAustralia59
NoviRanger83
TW 5 24 Reddit Racing
UndyingLight
f1fan
9 posters

Go down

Round 20: The Grand Prix of Ohio @ Catawba Central International Raceway Empty Round 20: The Grand Prix of Ohio @ Catawba Central International Raceway

Post by f1fan March 31st 2018, 7:56 pm

OOC: I know it's early. But I wanted it up.

When ARCSOA returns from Australia, the paddock will take on the final endurance race of the season

ARCSOA is currently in Australia this weekend. However, after the off-week, ARCSOA returns home for the final American race of the season in Ohio. Ohio has always been the spiritual home of the ARCSOA Elite Series. However, in all fairness, Ohio really hasn't had a permanent facility to really embrace. The Ohio Motor Speedway in Findlay, has hosted the most rounds of Ohio. However, the track was built on a floodplain of the Blanchard River, which constantly put the track in need of major reconstruction.

3 years ago, ARCSOA realized this and decided to embark on giving Ohio a world-class racing facility to embrace near their headquarters out on the Catawba Penninsula. The series has also realized that Ohio should have a special event race, considering the history of Ohio's involvement in American car racing dating back to the ARC/RSOA split.

The track created is a devilish one that includes what could possibly the single most difficult corner ARCSOA has ever taken on, "The Roller Coaster." "The Roller Coaster" is a downhill right-hander that bobs up and down throughout the corner, making it the most unsettling corner in ARCSOA history. Named for the nearby Cedar Point amusement park. "The Roller Coaster" should be one of the most notable corners in ARCSOA.

Near the track is the ARCSOA Headquarters. Next to the track is the newly finished ARCSOA Hall of Fame. Former drivers, Randy Carpenter, Jacob Hart, Greg Brown, Nick Mace, and ARCSOA founder, William Carpenter will all be inducted into the Hall of Fame, the Friday before the race.

Many drivers and teams are having tributes to Ohio the weekend of the race. Ohioan Kenny Myatt made it his personal mission to return from injury early to participate in the inaugural Grand Prix of Ohio. His daughter Madeline Myatt, recalls her family spending the summers on the Catawba Peninsula in Ottawa County, Ohio. "It's the most beautiful place in the US. It's the Amaria of America. Port Clinton reminds me so much of my hometown Port Skyline. It would mean the world if either my dad or myself could win this race." Many other drivers have stated they want to win the first Grand Prix of Ohio as well.

f1fan
f1fan
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Round 20: The Grand Prix of Ohio @ Catawba Central International Raceway Empty Re: Round 20: The Grand Prix of Ohio @ Catawba Central International Raceway

Post by f1fan March 31st 2018, 9:01 pm

Kenny Myatt tests at Catawba Central along with some of the other one off cars

Kenny Myatt, coming back from injury, was granted 1 free test session prior to returning to the ARCSOA Elite Series field at Catawba Central. Myatt decided to pick Catawba Central International Raceway as his test track. Myatt may have needed help getting in and out of the car. However, it was quite heroic to see someone who's career we thought was over, jump back in the car.

Myatt did have some very interesting comments on the Catawba Central International Raceway. "This is the toughest track on the schedule. It's harder to grasp than Road Atlanta. The track seemingly twists and turns at will, making it very difficult to get a flow on the place. Road Atlanta is more flowing. It's difficult, but once you get the grasp of it, Road Atlanta isn't that bad. This place has no rhythm. It throws you into tight corners after straights. It's these impossible little chicanes that make your life miserable. Plus that damn Roller Coaster is enough to make you sick to your stomach. I have never felt as if I have gone through a corner that makes you feel as if you are coming out of your seat. The car never leaves the road, but it is a strange corner because the car is completely loaded and you are bouncing up and down throughout the corner. This track is by far the toughest on the schedule. Only the strong will survive the race, while the weak will falter."
f1fan
f1fan
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Round 20: The Grand Prix of Ohio @ Catawba Central International Raceway Empty Re: Round 20: The Grand Prix of Ohio @ Catawba Central International Raceway

Post by UndyingLight April 1st 2018, 12:17 am

Hallec: "Aye, after Australia, I be pretty stoked fer this race too. I met up with fellow Australian Jackson Harrows....aye, that bloke is bloody hilarious and he says he may be racin' here in....Ca..Tawba? Ah is well!"

Hallec: "It be good ta see Kenny Myatt in his car fer...one last time, at least. Good to hear from ya, bud! Keep 'er safe out there!"
UndyingLight
UndyingLight
Race Winner
Race Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by TW 5 24 Reddit Racing April 1st 2018, 4:01 pm

Freeze: This round looks to be demanding on mind and body. Kenny is back in Ohio good to see him return to the paddock. Looking forward to the race after Australia.
TW 5 24 Reddit Racing
TW 5 24 Reddit Racing
Engineer
Engineer

Back to top Go down

Post by NoviRanger83 April 10th 2018, 7:32 pm

Dunbar: “I’ve worked with this track on the simulator… sure the Roller Coaster is a toughie but I’ve worked on it with Daniel [Nuteson], Tim [Grant], and Felicity [Dunbar]. It’s quite the opportunity to race here.
NoviRanger83
NoviRanger83
Shop Sweep
Shop Sweep

Back to top Go down

Post by FitzwaterAustralia59 April 12th 2018, 12:55 am

Enduro Road Course where im good at
FitzwaterAustralia59
FitzwaterAustralia59
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

Back to top Go down

Post by f1fan April 12th 2018, 11:18 am

Kenny: This track is a menace... No other way to describe it.
f1fan
f1fan
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by f1fan April 12th 2018, 10:04 pm

f1fan
f1fan
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TW 5 24 Reddit Racing April 12th 2018, 10:58 pm

Freeze: Intresring race half The field wrecks in the chicane. Also, great work by the 05 guys with the short pit call for a podium at Ohio. It was a great race looking forward to Donet City and than Amaria to round it out at RDR.
TW 5 24 Reddit Racing
TW 5 24 Reddit Racing
Engineer
Engineer

Back to top Go down

Post by Unstableracer33 April 12th 2018, 11:01 pm

Monaco:Somehow I Managed To Finish 11th But still not enough to stay alive in the championship but anyway Congrats To Baskinger On the win there From one Future teammate to another Its good To get a win in before comming to RDR
Unstableracer33
Unstableracer33
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by UndyingLight April 12th 2018, 11:16 pm

Hallec: "Ah, a good race be goin' down hill. I do believe I preferred me old brakes over the new'ns I got halfway through. I be unable to get my rhythm back an' a good promisin' day ended bad with a 26th place finish. Bloody 'ell."
UndyingLight
UndyingLight
Race Winner
Race Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by NRacer96 April 13th 2018, 12:10 am

Bobby: That was one of the worst tracks i have ever driven on. No flow what so ever. And that Roller Coaster turn can go die in a fire for all i care. Im surprised that i was able finish in the top 10 on this ridiculous track.
NRacer96
NRacer96
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by FUEL April 13th 2018, 12:57 pm

Noah Hart: We had an absolutely awful race however pulling a Top 10 finish out of a day like today is a championship effort. Those points we racked up to finish 9th on a terrible day like today is what we have to do. Not at all pleased with our race but we are satisfied with what we were able to scrap together on a day we should've finished outside the Top 20... FBR got all our cars a Top 10 finish. A shame Kenny couldn't pull it off at the end but Baskinger had the better car all day.
FUEL
FUEL
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

https://www.youtube.com/FUELTheBandicoot

Back to top Go down

Post by DKurtis April 14th 2018, 4:05 pm

Kurtis: "A solid run today, but we really faded at the end."
DKurtis
DKurtis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChMGwDuAN-NNXFdv9Bya1Lg

Back to top Go down

Post by FitzwaterAustralia59 April 14th 2018, 6:59 pm

Not the best race i had in mind
FitzwaterAustralia59
FitzwaterAustralia59
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down