Offline Host
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

10 races into 2018... Let's talk about it.

3 posters

Go down

10 races into 2018... Let's talk about it. Empty 10 races into 2018... Let's talk about it.

Post by FUEL May 21st 2018, 9:36 pm

10 races into the new year and we already have an idea of the favorites to win the championship for the entire year.... or do we?

Over the last 3 years in the Sony Cup Series ever since moving to the 36 race schedule in 2015 we have had a completely different type championship season than most in the past. For 2018, we've seen Dom Caps win half the races to start off this year and sits a top the points standings after an impressive run at Richmond where he started last and finished 2nd! It's obvious he's the odds on favorite but is he really? 

Let's take a look back for a moment... in the last 3 years in the Sony Cup Series 2 out of the last 3 seasons the champion was outside the Top 10 in points! The only other season this didn't happen was last year when D.J. Kurtis was sitting 6th in points at this time 67 points back to the point leader. The average amount of points the eventual champion for the season was at this point in their respected seasons was being 81 points behind the point leader after Round 10!

With this in mind... We can still safely say that guys like Matthew Rodriguez, Steven Jenkins, Luke Martin, Nick Mace, Dajon Weeks and Ryan Acosta all relatively close to that marker are within striking distance to make something happen, in fact, the championship has been won and lost right in the brutal hot summer months of June, July and August. Many times we've seen title contenders fall one by one during the hot summer months as they fail to capitalize on runs throughout the mid season run to Homestead.

This could be where we see the big names like Mace and Martin come to life when it matters the most in their quest for an SCS Championship. Never in the history of the last 3 years in this new format has a driver inside the Top 5 in points after 10 races in the new year been able to go on and win the championship. No doubt that so far Dom Caps, Jesse Turner and Jake Baskinger look unbeatable but that could change as the season draws closer to the long and hot summer months.
FUEL
FUEL
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

https://www.youtube.com/FUELTheBandicoot

Back to top Go down

10 races into 2018... Let's talk about it. Empty Re: 10 races into 2018... Let's talk about it.

Post by FitzwaterAustralia59 May 21st 2018, 11:20 pm

If last season had the chase system i would have been CHAMP
FitzwaterAustralia59
FitzwaterAustralia59
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

Back to top Go down

10 races into 2018... Let's talk about it. Empty Re: 10 races into 2018... Let's talk about it.

Post by JJRacer89 May 23rd 2018, 11:08 pm

Ten races, eight consecutive top-10's. Pretty cool, but getting a W sometime soon would be cooler. Talladega should be fun.
JJRacer89
JJRacer89
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum