Offline Host
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Perkins, "Series needs to mandate team restructuring heading into 2017"

+8
Mr.YAMP
FUEL
RedViperGaming
McBlair
LHP14Florida
CJ Racing
RocketKnight
f1fan
12 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Perkins, "Series needs to mandate team restructuring heading into 2017" - Page 2 Empty Re: Perkins, "Series needs to mandate team restructuring heading into 2017"

Post by McBlair January 19th 2016, 8:50 pm

I was lucky to get my 2 cars in. If I didn't then I would've sadly had to wait another season to race fulltime. I personally understand where Kenny is coming from in the maximum three cars, but it's up to Noah in the end of the day.
McBlair
McBlair
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Perkins, "Series needs to mandate team restructuring heading into 2017" - Page 2 Empty Re: Perkins, "Series needs to mandate team restructuring heading into 2017"

Post by FUEL January 19th 2016, 8:56 pm

Dropping to a 3 car maximum would only allow one 2 car team to come into play. That's all that's at stake here. Taking away the 4 car team would be taking a step back away from the NASCAR side of things the SCS kinda seems to follow.
FUEL
FUEL
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

https://www.youtube.com/FUELTheBandicoot

Back to top Go down

Post by Finnish909 January 19th 2016, 8:59 pm

...I'm done with everything completely if the third one's in consideration. What if that's the driver's only lead way into the series?!
Finnish909
Finnish909
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post by CJ Racing January 19th 2016, 9:08 pm

Finnish909 wrote:...I'm done with everything completely if the third one's in consideration. What if that's the driver's only lead way into the series?!

Like me Sad How about that if the 4th car in any of the 4 car teams finishes worst than a certain position(15th let's say), that they would be forced to drop to a 3 car team and given to the best finishing single car team? Or give each of the best running teams of the class(1 car, 2 cars, and 3 cars) the opportunity to grow their team by one, that way there is a little extra incentive.

All in all though, this is Noah's series, and I will support whatever decision he makes(besides the 3rd option, sorry, I just can't accept it).
CJ Racing
CJ Racing
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest January 19th 2016, 9:32 pm

Message Deleted

Last edited by alancavy on January 20th 2016, 7:12 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by RedViperGaming January 19th 2016, 9:33 pm

Pericles:"No Kidding.."
RedViperGaming
RedViperGaming
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

Back to top Go down

Post by MrKyleBusch1 January 19th 2016, 10:07 pm

I have no problem with this at all. That is all I'm saying
MrKyleBusch1
MrKyleBusch1
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr.YAMP January 20th 2016, 12:25 am

This ain't apart of the ARCSOA UNIVERSE!!! How many fucking times do I have to say it.
Mr.YAMP
Mr.YAMP

Back to top Go down

Post by f1fan January 20th 2016, 12:28 am

Mr.YAMP wrote:This ain't apart of the ARCSOA UNIVERSE!!! How many fucking times do I have to say it.

Calm down, it was an honest mistake on Cavy's part. No need to jump down his throat.

If Noah goes with the old team system, that would be FANTASTIC.

The way it worked was,

-Noah would make a video, and tell the team owners when it would be uploaded.

-We would not tell the drivers however.

-We would all huddle around our computers waiting for Noah to make it public.

-When it went public, it turned into a waiting game for people to comment their driver's names. Which didn't typically take very long.

-We then would hire the people in the comments.

-The rule was though, we couldn't hire someone unless they posted in the comments and you replied to them.

-The driver would then choose to accept a ride, or wait for another ride...

The end result turned into massive bidding wars for drivers and the team owners would be ruthless toward each other to get the drivers they wanted.

It was INSANE fun for the team owners and it is probably the one thing I miss the most about the Sony Cup Series in the new era of it. If Noah brought that back next year, I would be the happiest person in this series!

Think about that idea everyone!
f1fan
f1fan
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr.YAMP January 20th 2016, 1:07 am

You don't know how many times I got hurt by that. I missed 3 season because nobody knew who I was. Only reason I'm here is because of Luke.
Mr.YAMP
Mr.YAMP

Back to top Go down

Post by f1fan January 20th 2016, 1:26 am

Mr.YAMP wrote:You don't know how many times I got hurt by that. I missed 3 season because nobody knew who I was. Only reason I'm here is because of Luke.

Back in those days it was risky to hire someone new. I remember I did it on a few occasions and got screwed over for it. You had to make yourself noticeable back then for anyone to give you the time of day. Now, I think people will be a bit more open to interpretation. In fact the storyline would probably encourage that a bit more now then it did. I can't say there weren't flaws with it. But right now, the SCS I would say, is even more exclusive then it was then.
f1fan
f1fan
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CJ Racing January 20th 2016, 1:33 am

Again, there are people on this forum that live in VERY different time zones, some that have work or school, and many that just don't have the time to be waiting hours on a computer(or phone in my case) waiting for a video. Plus, this would not allow team owners to even be able to be a driver, which is the whole point of entering a series(at least for me).
CJ Racing
CJ Racing
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

Back to top Go down

Post by Rykia January 20th 2016, 3:59 am

f1fan wrote:
Mr.YAMP wrote:You don't know how many times I got hurt by that. I missed 3 season because nobody knew who I was. Only reason I'm here is because of Luke.

Back in those days it was risky to hire someone new. I remember I did it on a few occasions and got screwed over for it. You had to make yourself noticeable back then for anyone to give you the time of day. Now, I think people will be a bit more open to interpretation. In fact the storyline would probably encourage that a bit more now then it did. I can't say there weren't flaws with it. But right now, the SCS I would say, is even more exclusive then it was then.  

The risk can pay off, though.  You forget when Elites did that I nearly won a championship with Logan Faulkner.
Rykia
Rykia
Webmaster
Webmaster

https://offlinehost.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr.YAMP January 20th 2016, 4:51 am

I'm an example of it paying off as well. Luke has gotten a lot of great drivers into this series because he was taking risk. I'm not against a Draft, but isn't that what we kind of have here? Again I express no one really hired a driver for more than 1 season, and we have a set date for drivers to start signing up, and being hired. I know if we had a YouTube draft it would force people's hands like Nick Mace, James Silverfox, and others to lose drivers. Jake Baskinger might end up on Red Viper. Who knows.

Now that's all fine and dandy but would it work? I mean look we have had Sign-Ups going on since September. Yet we have still had teams and drivers changing hands all the way to this month. I hoping that we don't have any more changes, but i with a Draft how would all this work out? All the teams have the sponsors they want and numbers. Okay what about drivers who carry sponsors and numbers. Like Richard Johnson. Alan Cavy carries Dasani. Also when would the draft happen? It would have to before we paint any cars. Can't paint until we know where people who carry specifics are going.

There is a lot of moving parts now with the custom teams/schemes that I don't think it would work.
Mr.YAMP
Mr.YAMP

Back to top Go down

Post by FUEL January 20th 2016, 5:14 am

I'm not saying I'm for everything Perkins said but it's up for debate and remember Finguy you are one of the few who wanted a drivers Union anyways. In the end I call the shots because I'm the president of the Sony cup series and I'll make the call whether or not it happens. I'm just basically listening to what everyone has to say about it. So far nobody likes that one idea. I do like the old system of sign up videos. Those were incredibly fun to do. An that is a very good possible chance of something that could happen. It's a way of getting all the series drivers in a matter of hours.
FUEL
FUEL
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

https://www.youtube.com/FUELTheBandicoot

Back to top Go down

Post by MrKyleCollins January 20th 2016, 6:00 am

The YouTube sign-ups was great. Now that I'm a team owner there is one problem with that... I'm actually fairly busy and depending on the time the video is released I may not be able to go under it which means me and any other team owner that has the same problem as me will be stuck with leftovers. Which may not be bad, but it's not great either.

Like YAMP said, we'd also have to find out some new technic for the painted cars since we need them painted for sign-ups and then we'd like have to go and edit them again to add names and possibly the Coca-Cola Family logo.

There are many flaws to that idea, it's better than the draft thing though. That would just be flat out a pain the rear. Some pros to the YouTube sign-ups are driver spots will be filled in possibly minutes, or hours. You'd also be introduced to new rookies, ones that haven't found this forum yet.
MrKyleCollins
MrKyleCollins
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by CJ Racing January 20th 2016, 8:12 am

Look, I still don't like this, and I think that it will hurt my opportunity to own a self-driven team, and it does make things way more complicated. Also, I still would like to know how it is going to be decided how many teams a particular team can have without having any continuity from the year before.

Saying that, I have thought about an idea for the painters...

Well, how about just placing the cars in order from the previous year's(it would be this year) point standings, and have people choose from those cars, then have them sign up to this forum(if they haven't yet) and write what sponsor(s) they want. That way it is all nice and written down here and not scattered in the YT comments section. And then Collins, YAMP, etc. Wouldn't have to paint until after people started signing up.
CJ Racing
CJ Racing
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr.YAMP January 20th 2016, 10:20 am

Since I am the head painter I've already discussed how we could do it with Noah. Here's the thing I've always loved the draft. I've loved it since I was a Team Owner in Season 10. I do think it would screw up continuity and storylines that we have been trying to build though. Also drivers like Nick Pericles who was looking for a ride from day 1 who went 3 weeks without getting one. I think they would get screwed over by the draft, because now the rest of YouTube can sign-up. If you had problems with us very few. imagine the problems with 30+ more people looking for a ride.
Mr.YAMP
Mr.YAMP

Back to top Go down

Post by CJ Racing January 20th 2016, 11:56 am

Which is why we should do an Ebay-style auction here on the forum. Put all the names up on a board, give each team a certain amount of points based off how they ran the year before, and give 3,5, or 7 days to "bid" on drivers.

Give a notice on YT a couple of days before, but make them join the forum if they want to join, that way it isn't this crazy free-for-all.

And then make a rule to where we can only have 1 driver per account, that way there would be a max amount of individual spots as possible.

I just think that since this is a mostly forum-based series anyway, that it should stay that way IMO. I mean, I found the forum through a YT video, so I know that it works!
CJ Racing
CJ Racing
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr.YAMP January 20th 2016, 12:01 pm

I got a better idea. Let's do more of a College Draft. We talk to the prospects for a month, 2 weeks, 1 week, 2 days, etc. Then by a certain date they release what top 3 teams that courted them that they want to drive for. If none of those teams chose them, then they go into free agents until someone does hire them. It's sorta like a College Draft, but the team gets the final decision not the driver.
Mr.YAMP
Mr.YAMP

Back to top Go down

Post by CJ Racing January 20th 2016, 12:12 pm

Mr.YAMP wrote:I got a better idea. Let's do more of a College Draft. We talk to the prospects for a month, 2 weeks, 1 week, 2 days, etc. Then by a certain date they release what top 3 teams that courted them that they want to drive for. If none of those teams chose them, then they go into free agents until someone does hire them.

I ain't gonna disagree with that, cause almost anything in this point is better IMO than a YT signup. Although, I do think it should be a set time, and not completely random.

Also, I was thinking about the car team limits, and so here is my thought:
Mininum seasons:
Season 1: 1 Car Team
Seasons 2-3: 2 Car Team
Seasons 4-6: 3 Car Team
7th Season on: 4 Car Team

It would also be based off performance on whether or not you get an additional team, and if one of your teams does poorly, you risk losing it.
CJ Racing
CJ Racing
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr.YAMP January 20th 2016, 12:57 pm

Either way this is just bunch of crap that i would pile onto all the stuff i already do. I think the way we have sign-ups right now is sufficient. Maybe there could be some team rules put into place. Red Bull is in it's first season running 3 cars. I can agree maybe a bit of a limit on when teams first start and so on. Red Bull is understandable though, since they are a big company that invest in racing. Red Viper was too taking over the old Mtn Dew Racing team. If a team comes in for the first time and doesn't tie to anywhere in the storyline I believe they should run a 1 or 2 car with limited sponsorship.
Mr.YAMP
Mr.YAMP

Back to top Go down

Post by CJ Racing January 20th 2016, 1:17 pm

I won't go that far, although I will say that I don't think that either a draft or forcing owner/drivers to race for a different team like was proposed originally are both really bad ideas. And I had/have no problem starting out as an underfunded single-car team, and in fact for this series I prefer it.
CJ Racing
CJ Racing
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

Back to top Go down

Post by f1fan January 20th 2016, 3:10 pm

I don't know why we can't just implement the old system. The old system worked really well as time went on. Yes it did have a problem of unintentionally screwing over newcomers, but in all seriousness the biggest opponent of that was a man named Billy Bishop. A person I am very glad never found his way into the SCS.

The thing with the recruitment idea is, it doesn't give team owners a fair chance. Under the original system, the driver got to pick his team through contracts. The recruitment system is a bit too secretive for my personal tastes. I liked it out in the open because it created all out drama. It was a feeding frenzy once the top drivers signed on.
f1fan
f1fan
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CJ Racing January 20th 2016, 3:19 pm

I am sure almost any system would "work" with time, but the way it is now is fine with me.

And I have no problem doing it out in the open, that is why I like the idea of doing an Ebay-Style auction and giving teams a set amount of points based off how they ran the year before. Put out a driver list, "bid" on the driver(s) we want, get the drama you so desired, and do it all on this forum.
CJ Racing
CJ Racing
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next