Tire Test held at new Washington D.C. Speedpark raise immediate safety concerns

Go down

Tire Test held at new Washington D.C. Speedpark raise immediate safety concerns Empty Tire Test held at new Washington D.C. Speedpark raise immediate safety concerns

Post by f1fan on November 10th 2015, 4:25 pm

It has been a while since the last time a championship was contended in Washington D.C. The track was in a state of disrepair after the Season 16 finale. Immediately the track owners went on to rebuild the track, which ended up turning into a totally different track. The owners have now doubled its size from 1.3 miles to 2.6 miles. During a recent AES tire test, immediate concerns were brought up when cars were doing 260 MPH by themselves down the straights. 3 time ARCSOA Elite Series champion Kenny Myatt stated, "The old track was bad enough, but this place is insane. I have to admit, it is a thrill flying down the back straight at 260MPH. But in a pack, it will be dangerous as all hell."

The track however has some of the safest innovations ever on it. The track features SAFER BARRIER MARK II walls around it. Which combine a new composite foam that will reduce impacts upwards of 30%.

ARCSOA CEO Kayla Tonney pretty much laughed off all the criticism. "I know I am supposed to be the one pushing for advancements in safety. But every once in a while, we need to calm ourselves a bit. If they aren't in a pack, which testing shows they won't, speed isn't the issue. That was the problem with the old track, was that we had 42 cars going 190 MPH in the vicinity of a shoe box. Naturally it will be safer to go faster and spread the field. If we slow the cars, we are only going to make it more dangerous. Besides, I think it is great that the most daunting track is the finale!"

OOC: I bet you all know what track this is... #Howpredictable
f1fan
f1fan
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down