Offline Host
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sony Cup Series Planning On Going Back To The "No Chase" Format

+4
CJ Racing
f1fan
LHP14Florida
FUEL
8 posters

Go down

Sony - Sony Cup Series Planning On Going Back To The "No Chase" Format Empty Sony Cup Series Planning On Going Back To The "No Chase" Format

Post by FUEL September 10th 2016, 12:48 am

SCS Officials: We have a vote at the beginning of the year whether or not we should have a Chase and the vote was rather even with the Chase having a little bit more than No Chase. We gave it a try and honestly the pace for the championship has not been as exciting as I would of thought. Yeah we have the race your way into the chase going on. The battle to make it was big but it takes the eyes off our main contenders winning each and every race. Martin, Turner, Mace, Hart, etc. those guys were not talked about as much meaning the championship. Because they already earned a spot for the chase with wins. Now that the chase has started, it has caused some intensity that we believe will only build as it goes but I believe the No Chase Format is how we should continue crowning our champions. It worked well last year with Turner, Mace and Baskinger going head to head at it in the final few races. This year its kind of random. You'll need to compete and be solid to advance in the championship fight. We have guys 300+ points back to point leader Noah Hart in the main points going for the championship. I believe the driver who earns the most points over that whole year should be the champion of that year. Not a driver that either snags a win in the first 26 races or points races their way to the chase and competes in them 10 races to win it all. I personally don't like seeing guys like Turner, Rodriguez and Pascoe in this title fight when they sit 17th 22nd and 24th in main points and could possibly win it all.

I've made up my mind unless you guys overwhelmingly vote for the chase but I want my opinion on it out there that I believe once the season starts you should be racing all year as if you have something to lose that you should points race to win the title. I believe you have to be fighting hard every single race to win the championship, with the Chase it gives you a lot of chances. Rodriguez has 12 DNF's this season some how made the Chase. He could win it all. Levi Pascoe is currently 9th in the Chase Standings going into New York when in main points he sits 323 points behind Noah Hart the point leader... I personally don't like that. Granted that would be a huge upset. We hardly ever do Chases for the SCS, Jordan Davis (S7), Jackson Williams (S10), and Jacob Hart (S16) have won titles because of the chase and had we never did the chase like all the other seasons, Luke Martin, Greg Brown and Noah Hart would of won the titles instead. It changes the outcome of the deserving champion I feel but I can't take away the championship to them if I feel its undeserving because every driver starts off the season knowing what they have to do to win the title knowing theirs a Chase this season.

I personally don't like it and will not have it return in 2017 unless I get an overwhelming vote. The Chase is not that exciting to me as the regular season point fight seems to be. I'll let this topic be up for debate.

Top 10 Main Points After Round 28

1. #47 Noah Hart 837
2. #48 Nick Mace -46 (I know it would have looked so rigged. This isn't why i'm against the chase I just feel we deserve to crown a champion who gets the most points like we have in most to all seasons and I believe story lines would be much better. Noah and Nick would be the only real title contenders unless both faltered massively in the fight 8 races. Nick would trail Noah Hart who has held the point lead since taking it from Sean Perkins at Round 8 of Oklahoma. Noah has had the point lead for over 20 races and would of been set to win the championship in his final season but Nick Mace is right on his heals being a race back. Nick would need to eat away at Noah's lead little by little in the last few races to snag his 2nd Cup. However, this isn't how the Championship is decided this season. I feel it would be rather interesting to see how Nick could of done going against friend Noah Hart for the title. Silverfox 3rd in points? James and Burton in the top 5 in points with 0 wins this season? Incredible. Dillon Young 6th in points would of looked like a beast but he missed the chase because he didn't win however he sits 6th in points and ran as high as 2nd in points this season? Dillon is not getting the amount of credit he deserves. Would of loved to have had the Non Chase Format this season.
3. #28 James Silverfox -84
4. #01 Jeff James -103
5. #16 Eric Burton -154
6. #78 Dillon Young -160
7. #19 DJ Kurtis -179
8. #60 Aaron Taylor -180
9. #6 Luke Martin -187
10. #24 Eugene Demax -191
FUEL
FUEL
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

https://www.youtube.com/FUELTheBandicoot

Back to top Go down

Sony - Sony Cup Series Planning On Going Back To The "No Chase" Format Empty Re: Sony Cup Series Planning On Going Back To The "No Chase" Format

Post by LHP14Florida September 10th 2016, 10:06 am

Yo just make a change to the chase, like go back to the top 12 in points and then 2 wild cards, or maybe 4 wildcards, because then it allows some underdogs to come up through the ranks. Also, do do the elimination, just reset the points after the 26th race, and have extra points for winning etc. Or make it your own and do like top 12 in points and 4 wildcards or something else that weird.
LHP14Florida
LHP14Florida
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Sony - Sony Cup Series Planning On Going Back To The "No Chase" Format Empty Re: Sony Cup Series Planning On Going Back To The "No Chase" Format

Post by f1fan September 10th 2016, 10:28 am

Sean: Good, the chase was stupid anyway!
f1fan
f1fan
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CJ Racing September 10th 2016, 10:54 am

My thoughts:

I like the Elimination-Style Chase that is IRL, but in NR2003 it can be too random because of all the different winners. So my idea is to go back to the older Chase format, where the top 10 in points make it in, plus 2 wildcards after 26 races. And then just have a 10 race Chase(no eliminations). Then you reset the points, but to give a greater advantage to the points leaders, each position can be separated by 10 points, like this:

1. 1110
2. 1100
3. 1090
4. 1080
5. 1070
6. 1060
7. 1050
8. 1040
9. 1030
10. 1020
11. 1010

That way while it closes the points standings, it gives the guys higher in points a greater chance of winning the championship (and overcoming a bad race).
CJ Racing
CJ Racing
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

Back to top Go down

Post by nhood53 September 10th 2016, 10:57 am

If the Chase leaves, our team won't stay around in SCS past 2018.

nhood53
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr.YAMP September 10th 2016, 11:18 am

OOC: Can I not be included in stuff. I never gave my opinion on this.

Here's the thing me and a couple of guys were talking about how to improve the Chase. That way I had an idea before I came to you. This is pretty much it so we stop the win and you're in and just make it the top 16 in points. Maybe 15th and 16th are wild cards. That's for the regular season. To continue empathise on winning maybe they get a few extra bonus points if they win. Then when the Chase starts it'll be just like this season. Tell me what you think. This was a brain child of Finguy, Shelly, Silverfox, and a few others.
Mr.YAMP
Mr.YAMP

Back to top Go down

Post by FUEL September 10th 2016, 12:07 pm

There's nothing you can really say to change my thoughts on the chase or the way how I could make it interesting. I believe the champion at seasons end should be the deserving champion and if you haven't earned the most points at seasons end for the amount of points you earn during THE WHOLE season I don't believe you should be crowned champion OF THAT SEASON. I believe Noah Hart and Nick Mace are being robbed because they are the class of the field this season being on top of the points and I'm not saying that bc its me and my best friend I felt the same way for Luke Martin S7, Greg Brown S10 and Noah Hart S16 they should of won the titles had we not done chases then. That's why you have only seen 4 chases in 20 seasons because I give it chances every other year with all kinds of different formats and I still feel like the champion is undeserving. We have a chance a guy sitting 24th in main points to win the title. That's crazy and would be a heck of a story but its undeserving to be honest. Noah Hart, Nick Mace or even James Silverfox whoever has the most points at the end of this season deserves the title point blank. That's how I feel and I am going to do that next year because I believe the championship fight is more creditable when the guys highest in main points are the ones in the title hunt instead of 2nd, 10th, 17th, and 21st in points all are on even ground. This series has been built around and made to where we have a no chase system. That's how the series has always worked and if you don't like it leave lol I'm sorry you don't like the No Chase system but I do. It's more deserving and I like that. I believe this years title hunt would of been interesting between the top 2 drivers instead of it being decided by a host of people all being put back to square one after 6 months of racing... I don't like that. You are racing for 2 months of racing to decided a champion. Granted you have to get yourself in the playoffs but still if you win, you don't have to even watch because theres nothing you'll be gaining in that race. I won't be doing a chase system.
FUEL
FUEL
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

https://www.youtube.com/FUELTheBandicoot

Back to top Go down

Post by RedViperGaming September 10th 2016, 12:21 pm

Woooooo! Back to the OG Format!
RedViperGaming
RedViperGaming
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

Back to top Go down

Post by Hsuorttocs September 11th 2016, 12:04 pm

Roush: I've never liked the idea of having points reset after 20 something Hard weeks of racing
Hsuorttocs
Hsuorttocs
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down