Round 2 The Grand Prix of Road Atlanta

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Round 2 The Grand Prix of Road Atlanta Empty Round 2 The Grand Prix of Road Atlanta

Post by f1fan on January 5th 2017, 10:48 pm

Road Atlanta is the 2nd most prestigious race of the year. Some say it is actually the toughest race in the entire series to win. Many people think that winning Road Atlanta is enough to make your driver a legend. Tristan Wilhoit last season was in tears as his crew pushed his car into victory lane. No rookie has ever won the Grand Prix of Road Atlanta either. Road Atlanta requires a driver to have immense skill in traffic, patience, an increased level of car control, and a great deal of luck. Winning a Grand Prix of Road Atlanta will kickstart your season into the fast lane. So what do you think, can you win the Grand Prix of Road Atlanta?

Maddie Myatt:
Round 2 The Grand Prix of Road Atlanta Maddie11

Erin Perkins:
Round 2 The Grand Prix of Road Atlanta Maddie10

Sean Perkins:
Round 2 The Grand Prix of Road Atlanta Sean_p10
f1fan
f1fan
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Round 2 The Grand Prix of Road Atlanta Empty Re: Round 2 The Grand Prix of Road Atlanta

Post by FitzwaterAustralia59 on January 5th 2017, 11:22 pm

Road Atlanta my specialty Road Courses.
FitzwaterAustralia59
FitzwaterAustralia59
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

Back to top Go down

Round 2 The Grand Prix of Road Atlanta Empty Re: Round 2 The Grand Prix of Road Atlanta

Post by f1fan on January 6th 2017, 12:04 am

Qualifying Race update. (No video).

Due to the increased number of one offs... 2 qualifying races were held with the top 8 from each making the race. Myatt, ended up taking a 24th spot on the grid due in part to his drivers points last season.

The qualifying races were actually somewhat tame for Road Atlanta. The biggest shock was the moment that Jeffery Finguy locked himself in the race by finishing 8th in his qualifier.

Other major shocks are that no FPM's or Ferrari's made the grid. Every one of the BFM cars that entered made the race as well.

Qualifying Race #1 was won by Eugene Demax, while Qualifying Race #2 was won by Kuzzie.

This is a list of 40 cars that will be making a start in the 21st running of the Grand Prix of Road Atlanta...

Cars that made race:

Maddie Myatt:

Erin Perkins:

Sean Perkins:
f1fan
f1fan
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by f1fan on January 6th 2017, 12:32 am

Scott Roush scores maiden pole... Demax starting alongside. BFM looks strong

Pole qualifying at Road Atlanta is always a fun occasion. This season was no exception. Scott Roush was ecstatic when he set a blistering lap to bump rookie Madeline Myatt off the pole with 56 seconds to go in pole qualifying. Roush looks very strong for tomorrow's, Grand Prix of Road Atlanta. Eugene Demax in the waning seconds of pole qualifying bumped Maddie Myatt to position 3. Maddie Myatt will start alongside her father, 4-time Grand Prix of Road Atlanta winner, Kenny Myatt. The all-Myatt row 2 might be a force to reckon with. Maddie Myatt looked strong in her qualifying race, and her father is always a serious threat around Road Atlanta.

Maddie Myatt:

Erin Perkins:

Sean Perkins:
f1fan
f1fan
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MrKyleCollins on January 6th 2017, 1:52 pm

Collins: As much as I want to win this SOB, first I'll have to get past all the BFMs. Why are they so damn good this weekend? Shows how much they've improved since I was on the team.

Collins: I also kinda want Johnson Freeman to win... That would be amazing!
MrKyleCollins
MrKyleCollins
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Hsuorttocs on January 6th 2017, 2:38 pm

Roush: I AM A POLE SITTER! HELL YEA!

SCS Wins: 0

Season 2 PWCOM
Round 2 The Grand Prix of Road Atlanta Srg10
Secondary Character Wins: 7
Poles: 0
PS3 League Wins: 5
- S1 Best Buy CS @ Las Vegas (first trip)
- S1 Best Buy CS @ Auto Club (first trip)
- S1 Grainger CS @ Dover (first trip)
- S2 Best Buy CS @ Daytona (500)
- S1 Ditech CS @ Kansas (first trip)
Hsuorttocs
Hsuorttocs
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

Back to top Go down

Post by BugattiNightRide on January 6th 2017, 3:33 pm

OOC: and Basaglia says he has worst luck than I do
BugattiNightRide
BugattiNightRide
Race Winner
Race Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by FitzwaterAustralia59 on January 6th 2017, 6:15 pm

Fitzwater: Made the Race. Now it's showtime. #RoadCourseRinger #AussiePride
FitzwaterAustralia59
FitzwaterAustralia59
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

Back to top Go down

Post by johnnyracer24 on January 6th 2017, 11:28 pm

Another race made, now we gotta continue and finish the race on a high note. We're pushing that car to more than what it's worth
johnnyracer24
johnnyracer24
Veteran
Veteran

https://www.reddit.com/user/johnnyracer24/

Back to top Go down

Post by Persona40 on January 7th 2017, 2:31 am

Brock: "Finished 3rd here, last season, starting near the back of the field; hopefully I can work my way up and finally win at my home track."

Baranauskas: "Awwwwwwww... I did not make 'ze race. Oh well, I will eventually, and I will make my homeland Lithuania proud!"

Baxter:"Hmmph... once again my whole team fails to qualify; I'm beginning to feel this whole organization is against me, because I have more money than all of these peasants!"

OOC: Since the Baxter team isn't going to make a lot of races, I'm just going to have Baxter blame ARCSOA for his drivers not qualifying, and then accuse the whole organization of being against him because he's rich.
Persona40
Persona40
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by f1fan on January 7th 2017, 4:09 am

Myatt and crew chief reportedly have argument night before the Grand Prix of Road Atlanta

The brawl between Silverspeed Driver, Ryan Griffin, and the crew chief on car #1, Henry Stevens, was not the only crew chief/driver brawl that has taken place this weekend. 3-Time ARCSOA Elite Series champion, and 4-time Grand Prix of Road Atlanta winner, Kenny Myatt reportedly was having a "heated discussion" with his rookie crew chief, Jackson Thomas in the night leading up into today's Grand Prix of Road Atlanta.

Myatt, reportedly was arguing about the strategy that apparently was being called by Thomas. An unknown garage worker from another team reported hearing Myatt shout, "Listen here kid, there is no way anyone can go 22 laps on a set of tires around Road Atlanta!" Thomas then apparently replied by saying, "You know, your daughter made a set of tires last 25 laps here, three weeks ago." Myatt apperently argued back by saying that while tires may last 25 laps, they lose their competitive advantage by lap 19 or 20.

Thomas then reportedly shouted out comments about Myatt's daughter Madeline. Thomas reportedly said, "The only reason why we have to deal with her, is because your sorry *** is here. Without you, she would be in school where she belongs."

The two were then separated before the argument could escalate further. This is the first time in 8 seasons that Kenny Myatt is without his long time crew chief, Chris Glodde, who was paired with him at PETRONAS Honda. Glodde now works as the crew chief on car #10 for Scott Roush.

Maddie Myatt:

Erin Perkins:

Sean Perkins:
f1fan
f1fan
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Finnish909 on January 7th 2017, 1:57 pm

FPM Shocked to Fail to Qualify

Yes the Finguy-Psytomi Motorsports program much like Ferrari did not make the race. This is ironic because Jeffery Finguy the co-leader of the group did qualify in a very under powered car. Give credit when it's due, Finguy is a former winner in Road Atlanta so he does know a trick or two about getting around the track.

Shock Jr.: "Welp... First in a long time here... Might as well try..."
Finnish909
Finnish909
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post by Hsuorttocs on January 7th 2017, 4:20 pm

Roush: Well then...

Goldwulf: *Left again without any media comments*

Jobe: WOO! WE MADE IT!!!

Lethinen: What the ****. How did I NOT make it?

Last edited by Hsuorttocs on January 7th 2017, 4:34 pm; edited 3 times in total

Season 2 PWCOM
Hsuorttocs
Hsuorttocs
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

Back to top Go down

Post by f1fan on January 9th 2017, 1:42 am

OLINA Sports Network: Projected crowd attendance predicts that this year's Grand Prix of Road Atlanta will be the largest track day attendance in ARCSOA History, beating out last season's American 700! Will the fans see a new name added to the Road Atlanta winners trophy?

Maddie Myatt:

Erin Perkins:

Sean Perkins:
f1fan
f1fan
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hsuorttocs on January 9th 2017, 2:41 am

Roush: My crew chief gave me some advice on how to race here, I trust him since he led Myatt to his many wins here, I also asked Wilhoit and McKain for some advice.

Season 2 PWCOM
Hsuorttocs
Hsuorttocs
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

Back to top Go down

Post by Finnish909 on January 9th 2017, 12:20 pm

Finguy: "I still can't believe we made the field even in this car. But we did."
Finnish909
Finnish909
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post by ElectricWolf on January 9th 2017, 8:21 pm

Casey Lester: Really, Kenny...? Do things need to get this dramatic? I get you're going to disagree on things, but there's no need to start a brawl about it. You're supposed to set an example for all of us or so I thought. Of course the tires will lose their advantage if they're worn; that's common racing sense. If someone can go 25 laps, then 22 seems somewhat feasible. Don't be petulant about it.

ElectricWolf
Crew Man
Crew Man

Back to top Go down

Post by AAllen22 on January 10th 2017, 8:01 pm

Alex: "Damn It! Didn't make it, not the way we want to start the year, car was just off the whole race. I guess that's what can happen when your not locked in."

Vincent: "Glad to be locked into the race, especially with our struggles qualifying in these types of races. We need to finish well here to get back on track after the 40th at Daytona."

AAllen22
Crew Chief
Crew Chief

Back to top Go down

Post by f1fan on January 14th 2017, 8:09 pm

Maddie Myatt:

Erin Perkins:

Sean Perkins:
f1fan
f1fan
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by AAllen22 on January 14th 2017, 9:06 pm

Vincent: "I swear, they should've renamed this race the Grand Prix of Crashlanta. The question to ask is who didn't wreck today. Car was just junk from qualifying to the race. Had nothing this weekend."

AAllen22
Crew Chief
Crew Chief

Back to top Go down

Post by Finnish909 on January 14th 2017, 10:06 pm

Finguy: "We didn't get much. Out by a wreck somehow..."

Shock Jr.: "I didn't expect to get wrecked by Mr. Myatt. I take apologies and blame for that. But we bounced back. Got a top 10."
Finnish909
Finnish909
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post by day500champ1 on January 14th 2017, 11:20 pm

BREAKING NEWS: Ryan Griffin involved in "physical altercation" with crew member

Earlier this weekend, Silverspeed driver, Ryan Griffin, had a "heated" exchange with a member of his teammate's, Nick Pericles's, crew. After the Grand Prix of Road Atlanta, it appears Griffin may have gotten into yet another "heated" exchange and this one appears to resulted in an actual physical altercation.

This exchange was apparently triggered when Griffin confronted his spotter, Tim Hidaway, after the event asking why Hidaway hadn't warned him about the #10 of Scott Roush. Griffin struck the #10 of Roush during the race after Roush had exited the pits during a cycle of stops.

Griffin reportedly asked Hidaway "did you [expletive] see the 10?! Why didn't you [expletive] warn me that he was exiting?! Are you [expletive] blind?!". Hidaway reportedly responded "What the [expletive] do you want me to do?! You have two [expletive] eyes use them!"

The last comment by Hidaway apparently got to Griffin as he allegedly shoved Hidaway knocking him to the ground. Hidaway then got up and rushed into Griffin tackling him. The two scrapped for a brief period of time before being separated by SI team members and series officials.

After being separated, Griffin reportedly stated to his crew chief to find Roush for him so he could apologize for the contact as "my [expletive] idiot of a spotter doesn't like to tell me about possible hazards ahead.

Griffin, SI, or series have yet to comment on the developing story. This is the second heated exchange involving Griffin and a SI crew member this race weekend.

day500champ1
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by ElectricWolf on January 15th 2017, 12:48 am

Casey Lester: Just had a wreck in front of us and smoke kinda blocked my view. Saw Kuzzie hit something and I hoped that cleared the way, but the 05's front end was still there and we nipped him. Just sucks, but we were mired in the back and ran the risk to get caught up in something like that.

ElectricWolf
Crew Man
Crew Man

Back to top Go down

Post by DKurtis on January 15th 2017, 10:51 am

Kurtis: "Can't really do much when you merge out of pit lane, the track's too damn narrow and it's such an awkward angle as well. Apologies to Baskinger there, I was trying to merge out and we tangled up as a result there."

2 time Sony Cup Series Champion, a HNS Champion (as an owner), and President of the Hardee's National Series

Owner of Kurtis Racing for the HNS (#14, #4), SCS, (#8, #4), and KR Honda for ARCSOA (#9, #48).

Round 2 The Grand Prix of Road Atlanta Tumblr_inline_o45y9k9z151rd51ix_250
DKurtis
DKurtis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChMGwDuAN-NNXFdv9Bya1Lg

Back to top Go down

Post by Hsuorttocs on January 15th 2017, 11:43 am

Roush: 4th is not too shabby, now excuse me I have a teammate to celebrate with!

Season 2 PWCOM
Hsuorttocs
Hsuorttocs
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next