Offline Host
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Charles Sandfer will return at Pocono -- Luke Martin replaces Eric Demax in the #25

2 posters

Go down

Charles Sandfer will return at Pocono -- Luke Martin replaces Eric Demax in the #25 Empty Charles Sandfer will return at Pocono -- Luke Martin replaces Eric Demax in the #25

Post by FUEL April 30th 2018, 2:47 pm

Charles Sandfer has been in the talks of returning to the track since last week but he plans to return to the track this weekend. There is questions on whether Sandfer can go the full distance or not so he will have a substitute on standby if he needs one. Who will be the substitute driver for Sandfer if he's unable to go the distance? Many people suspected that Luke Martin may be on the sidelines to drive the #24 if Sandfer can't finish it off. However, Mace Enterprises has been impressed with Luke Martin's drive in the #24 car since stepping up. Martin has earned more Top 5's and Top 10's than any Mace driver has totaled all year! Martin after his runner-up place finish at Cleveland has jumped him to 10th in points and it was his 4th Top 10 finish in 6 starts!

The decision by Mace Enterprises has been to bring Charles Sandfer back to the #24 Chevy and move Luke Martin to the #25 Chevy and drop Eric Demax back to it's Hardee's National Series developmental program to get more track time experience in the lower division. With Eric Demax having 8 starts and an average finish of 30th sitting 38th in points... Mace Enterprises felt they needed to make a change especially considering one of their drivers of Luke Martin has worked his way into the Top 10 in points and in realistic contention to win the title.

So with this announcement, Charles Sandfer will return to the #24 Chevy at Pocono with Eric Demax on the sidelines if Sandfer needs to step out of the car early Demax will be there ready for the driver swap while Luke Martin will move over to the #25 Chevy for the remainder of the season.

Nick Mace: "This decision was a tough one and I said all along that Eric needs the experience and we didn't plan on doing anything with our lineup other than getting Sandfer back in the car when he was ready however, Eric is struggling more than we thought he would and our #25 car is so low in owner points now we have a good chance of not getting that car into these races and we can't allow that due to promising to our sponsors that we WILL race these races so we can't have that. We may of rushed Demax too early as he started halfway through the year last year in HNS with us. Luke has went from outside the Top 40 in points in his first race with us to sitting Top 10 in points and has started less races. I admire his hardwork in trying to get the best finish possible for my race team and doing what he has done I say he has earned every right to stay and fight the rest of the season with us for the championship. We want a title and I know he really wants one as well. We have to do what's best for the organization at this point, Eric will continue racing for us in the National Series as he works his way back into Cup one day when he's ready."
FUEL
FUEL
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

https://www.youtube.com/FUELTheBandicoot

Back to top Go down

Charles Sandfer will return at Pocono -- Luke Martin replaces Eric Demax in the #25 Empty Re: Charles Sandfer will return at Pocono -- Luke Martin replaces Eric Demax in the #25

Post by f1fan May 2nd 2018, 12:04 pm

Sean: It's people like Luke Martin that are the reason why we can't have nice things in SCS. No driver development = no future for the series.
f1fan
f1fan
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down