Offline Host
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NASCAR 2016 Discussion

+15
nirvanafan
DKurtis
Rykia
GabryelCaruaru
Rovenami
MrKyleCollins
day500champ1
MrKyleBusch1
Finnish909
Mr.YAMP
RedViperGaming
DarkVoid718
CJ Racing
McBlair
f1fan
19 posters

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

nascar - NASCAR 2016 Discussion - Page 4 Empty Re: NASCAR 2016 Discussion

Post by CJ Racing February 29th 2016, 10:04 pm

BTW: I am not for Trump, in fact I have issues with each candidate (prefer Cruz), and since I live in another country I ain't voting. But please, keep politics and racing seperate(even if Mr. Brian "Dummy" France can't...)...
CJ Racing
CJ Racing
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

Back to top Go down

Post by f1fan February 29th 2016, 10:13 pm

CJ Racing wrote:BTW: I am not for Trump, in fact I have issues with each candidate (prefer Cruz), and since I live in another country I ain't voting. But please, keep politics and racing seperate(even if Mr. Brian "Dummy" France can't...)...

I more or less agree with you on keeping politics out of racing...
f1fan
f1fan
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CJ Racing February 29th 2016, 10:21 pm

You know what's gonna happen. This year(racing-wise) is gonna be one of the best in recent memory, but because of this nonsense, no one is gonna pay any attention to it.

One possible piece of "good" news; Since every other show that Mr.Trump does turns into ratings gold, maybe we'll see better ratings next week.... Or maybe not....
CJ Racing
CJ Racing
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr.YAMP February 29th 2016, 11:37 pm

So no one says that Politics don't mix with sports when a player from the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any other sport that focuses on more than 50+ players but when it come to NASCAR I finally hear this. I mean even Tom Brady came out and said Donald was his friend, and didn't get roasted like these NASCAR drivers are. I don't believe anybody shouldn't be allowed to say anything about politics. I think they just shouldn't be judged. You have your point of view I have mine. You have the exact same right to talk about who you are supporting. Don't hate on someone else because they are voicing out who they are supporting.

And another thing don't be a TL;DR asshole when it comes to politics. I've read up as much stuff as I possible could when it comes to politics. I wanna know everybody's point of view. So far the person I want in office is Ben Carson, but he has fallen off the wagon in the voting booth. After what happened in SC I'm rooting for Ted. I think it will end with Bernie running against Ted.
Mr.YAMP
Mr.YAMP

Back to top Go down

Post by f1fan March 1st 2016, 2:44 pm

Mr.YAMP wrote:So no one says that Politics don't mix with sports when a player from the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any other sport that focuses on more than 50+ players but when it come to NASCAR I finally hear this. I mean even Tom Brady came out and said Donald was his friend, and didn't get roasted like these NASCAR drivers are. I don't believe anybody shouldn't be allowed to say anything about politics. I think they just shouldn't be judged. You have your point of view I have mine. You have the exact same right to talk about who you are supporting. Don't hate on someone else because they are voicing out who they are supporting.

And another thing don't be a TL;DR asshole when it comes to politics. I've read up as much stuff as I possible could when it comes to politics. I wanna know everybody's point of view. So far the person I want in office is Ben Carson, but he has fallen off the wagon in the voting booth. After what happened in SC I'm rooting for Ted. I think it will end with Bernie running against Ted.

When it comes to Carson, I am in the same boat with wanting Kasich in office. And that isn't just because he is from Ohio. If (Most likely, when) Kasich drops out, I might flip over to Rubio. Cruz, Trump, and Sanders are all too radical for my tastes, and Hillary annoys me.
f1fan
f1fan
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CJ Racing March 1st 2016, 3:18 pm

When I was younger, I used to be all into politics. I enjoyed reading and watching every debate, looking at what every Candidate said and believed, and even though I wasn't voting age yet, I still cheered on my favorite candidate.

The problem is, once you start looking from a broader spectrum, you realize that they are all pretty much all from the same boat, and that once you strip away the "nonsense" part about them, they are pretty much all run the same way. It's all about who has the most cash, the most power, and who will help Wall Street(as well as the pharmaceutical industry) the most. That's why the media goes nuts over guys like Trump and Sanders, because they have some ideas which seem to go against that. But once you realize how they in particular are running, you realize that they are probably the most dangerous.

So at the end of the day, while I "prefer" Cruz(mainly because of his stance against abortion and his support of Israel), whoever is "chosen" will not really be that far different than what we already have...

BTW: Umm.... Wouldn't this be considered off-topic stuff? Maybe it should be put in a separate board(like a political board or something...)
CJ Racing
CJ Racing
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

Back to top Go down

Post by MrKyleBusch1 March 1st 2016, 5:37 pm

Trump for President. Kanye for President 2020!!!
MrKyleBusch1
MrKyleBusch1
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr.YAMP March 1st 2016, 5:59 pm

We shouldn't have a political board. Mostly because we are not all on one of the government here, but yeah we should get back on subject in here.
Mr.YAMP
Mr.YAMP

Back to top Go down

Post by Rykia March 1st 2016, 6:32 pm

All I'll say about this is this PR is really bad for Nascar and already turning off sponsors that were in negotiations for various deals.
Rykia
Rykia
Webmaster
Webmaster

https://offlinehost.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CJ Racing March 1st 2016, 6:54 pm

Mr.YAMP wrote:We shouldn't have a political board. Mostly because we are not all on one of the government here, but yeah we should get back on subject in here.

Yeah, you are right about that. But hey, it's good to know that there at least some people out there that can actually make their decisions on their own, and not follow the crowd like a lot of people do nowadays.

Anyway, back to NASCAR!
CJ Racing
CJ Racing
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

Back to top Go down

Post by McBlair March 24th 2016, 3:49 pm

What the hell is NASCAR coming to?
Kyle Busch was sued $10,000 and put on probation because he didn't report to the media?!?!

I mean, sure, it is obligated for the top 3 to report the to media. But why is it a big deal if they don't, a deal so big it costed Kyle $10k and a 4 race probation when he didn't report. I personally it's a load of bullshit, of course others might beg to differ but this ain't fair to him.

He was upset and didn't want to talk. All cool, no harm done, well, atleast I thought so. Apparently NASCAR thinks otherwise. If I was upset, I wouldn't want to be all over the live coverage. Ugh, this is why RallyCross is my favourite -_-
McBlair
McBlair
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by CJ Racing March 24th 2016, 4:03 pm

It's $10,000 man... That's like pennies to him, and probation is nothing in NASCAR. He didn't do his job, he got slapped, move on.
CJ Racing
CJ Racing
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

Back to top Go down

Post by McBlair March 24th 2016, 4:14 pm

CJ Racing wrote:It's $10,000 man... That's like pennies to him, and probation is nothing in NASCAR. He didn't do his job, he got slapped, move on.
Sure it may be pennies to him, but it's still quite a bit of money to the average human. I stand by my word, bullshit. (It's also one of my favourite words, lol, just a tip CJ. Don't know if you appreciate swearing so if you hear me say that don't be alarmed. I try not to swear my head off around people who don't like that kind of language).

Danica Patrick on the other hand... Shouldn't've gotten fined in my opinion as there was no harm done, but the probation is fine.

I think NASCAR and companies associated to NASCAR should sue drivers when harm is done. Just because when you walk a tad bit on the track, bring your phone in your car, or not report to media you'll get fined for some whacky reason. Maybe if something bad had happened there should've been a fine, but nothing happened so I'd just go with probation only.

That's just an opinion, probably no point to this but I feel in the mood to start a NASCAR debate but there's nothing to start one on. Ideas? Anybody?
McBlair
McBlair
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by CJ Racing March 24th 2016, 4:28 pm

Kyle knew he was gonna get fined anyway, he just thought it was gonna penalized for saying that(basically) NASCAR fixed the Xfinity race against him. At the end of the day, like I've already said, he didn't do his job, and he deserved the fine. (Since you asked, no I don't like swearing, but people are gonna do it anyway so I don't let it bother me unless it's said directly at me.)

Danica also deserved her fine, a rule is a rule.

Please, suing a driver? Really? You really want to bring the courts into NASCAR? If the drivers just did their job, and not break rules that are clearly black-and-white (now, rules that are in the grey are a different story...), then we wouldn't be having this issue.

Debate... Well here's a question.... If you could build the ultimate 4-car team, with a sponsor for each driver, who would it be? The only rule is you can't pick 2 guys from the same team(No Kyle Busch and Carl Edwards for instance).
CJ Racing
CJ Racing
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

Back to top Go down

Post by McBlair March 24th 2016, 4:46 pm

CJ Racing wrote:Kyle knew he was gonna get fined anyway, he just thought it was gonna penalized for saying that(basically) NASCAR fixed the Xfinity race against him. At the end of the day, like I've already said, he didn't do his job, and he deserved the fine. (Since you asked, no I don't like swearing, but people are gonna do it anyway so I don't let it bother me unless it's said directly at me.)

Danica also deserved her fine, a rule is a rule.

Please, suing a driver? Really? You really want to bring the courts into NASCAR? If the drivers just did their job, and not break rules that are clearly black-and-white (now, rules that are in the grey are a different story...), then we wouldn't be having this issue.

Debate... Well here's a question.... If you could build the ultimate 4-car team, with a sponsor for each driver, who would it be? The only rule is you can't pick 2 guys from the same team(No Kyle Busch and Carl Edwards for instance).
I think some of the rules are stupid, like obviously the media one xD

But four driver team... I'll give reasonings as well...

Kyle Busch (M&M's) - The mans a legend in the sport. Sure, he has some temper, I'll admit that. But he also has that drive in him and if he wins he gets disappointed which makes him come back the next week even better looking for a win. He can wheel a stock car better then I can wheel a regular car.

Martin Truex Jr (Bass Pro Shops) - Martin Truex Jr is one hell of an interesting driver. He races at DEI and doesn't do great, MWR and doesn't do great, but then he comes over to this slightly underfunded team named FRR and does amazing. Almost wins the championship. He definitely has a lot of talent in him, if you wouldn't want Truex Jr on your team you'd be on crack. (Not really, just a figure of speech).

David Ragan (UPS) - There's a lot we can we to describe him. Underdog is one that almost instantaneously pops into my head. Because it's 100% true, he's an underdog but a talented driver. After underperforming at Roush-Fenway he pops on over to FRR where he only wins one race. Then he gets his big break at JGR and does great, along with then going to MWR and when you take away all his bad luck he did great there as well! This is one man you want on your team!

Michael McDowell (Home Depot) - I wouldn't want my team crowded with the championship contenders. That's why McDowell is here, he is a good driver. We've seen from his performances at LFR that he can do well in his underfunded #95 car and that's what I want. Someone who can do decently well in any kind of equipment.

What about you CJ?
McBlair
McBlair
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by CJ Racing March 24th 2016, 7:12 pm

Dale Earnhardt Jr.(Wrangler) - When I look for a driver to lead my team, I look for more than just wins and championships. I need someone who shows leadership, responsibility, a desire to help mentor and grow young drivers, as well as someone who understands NASCAR's history. Only one driver fills those roles: Dale Earnhardt Jr. Now that he has overcome the troubles he had a few years back, he has become the driver that everyone expected when he started his career. Few can match his ability to articulate what goes on in the everyday life of a driver better than him. He's the guy I can trust to lead this team to where it needs to be, even after he retires.

Martin Truex Jr (Bass Pro Shops) - I agree with what you said about Truex Jr and I'll add that the adversity that he has had to face both as a driver and in his personal life and shaped him to become the driver he is today. Also, he's Dale Jr's best friend, and they know how to work together well.

Brad Keselowski(Mobil 1) - While I didn't like his attitude at first, and while IMHO he won that championship before he knew what to do with it(prematurely), he has become a driver that now clearly understands his position in the sport and where he needs to be to be able to win it all again. He can control a car better than most, and can go wheel-to-wheel with the very best.(Plus, he's Dale Jr's friend too LOL, he even lives on his property).Just keep him away from the beer and we'll all be good LOL!

Ryan Blaney(Oreo's) - I considered doing something like you did, and adding an underdog driver, but I just couldn't get past adding Ryan Blaney to my team (BTW, my choice had I done what you did would have been Regan Smith). He has already shown that he can wheel a racecar, and the fact that he is that ultimate mix of old-school and new school just adds to his already impressive résumé. He has got the talent that very few drivers(Jeff Gordon and Dale Earnhardt are the only ones that come to mind) have at such a young age. I believe that in the battle between him and Chase Elliott, Chase will win his 1st race before Ryan, but Blaney will win his 1st championship before Chase.

Just missed the cut: Denny Hamlin, Austin Dillon, Kyle Larson, Erik Jones(He's gonna be a fun one to watch,even if I don't like him very much...)
CJ Racing
CJ Racing
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

Back to top Go down

Post by McBlair March 24th 2016, 7:23 pm

CJ Racing wrote:Dale Earnhardt Jr.(Wrangler) - When I look for a driver to lead my team, I look for more than just wins and championships. I need someone who shows leadership, responsibility, a desire to help mentor and grow young drivers, as well as someone who understands NASCAR's history. Only one driver fills those roles: Dale Earnhardt Jr. Now that he has overcome the troubles he had a few years back, he has become the driver that everyone expected when he started his career. Few can match his ability to articulate what goes on in the everyday life of a driver better than him. He's the guy I can trust to lead this team to where it needs to be, even after he retires.

Martin Truex Jr (Bass Pro Shops) - I agree with what you said about Truex Jr and I'll add that the adversity that he has had to face both as a driver and in his personal life and shaped him to become the driver he is today. Also, he's Dale Jr's best friend, and they know how to work together well.

Brad Keselowski(Mobil 1) - While I didn't like his attitude at first, and while IMHO he won that championship before he knew what to do with it(prematurely), he has become a driver that now clearly understands his position in the sport and where he needs to be to be able to win it all again. He can control a car better than most, and can go wheel-to-wheel with the very best.(Plus, he's Dale Jr's friend too LOL, he even lives on his property).Just keep him away from the beer and we'll all be good LOL!

Ryan Blaney(Oreo's) - I considered doing something like you did, and adding an underdog driver, but I just couldn't get past adding Ryan Blaney to my team (BTW, my choice had I done what you did would have been Regan Smith). He has already shown that he can wheel a racecar, and the fact that he is that ultimate mix of old-school and new school just adds to his already impressive résumé. He has got the talent that very few drivers(Jeff Gordon and Dale Earnhardt are the only ones that come to mind) have at such a young age. I believe that in the battle between him and Chase Elliott, Chase will win his 1st race before Ryan, but Blaney will win his 1st championship before Chase.

Just missed the cut: Denny Hamlin, Austin Dillon, Kyle Larson, Erik Jones(He's gonna be a fun one to watch,even if I don't like him very much...)
So you'd be like Hendrick Motorsports or Joe Gibbs Racing? Stacked to the rim with the best drivers. Some nice choices though Smile

Speaking of Hendrick by the way, can we take some time to discuss why Kasey Kahne is still on the team? I know it's probably because of contract reasons but he's done terrible as a member of Hendrick Motorsports. I think he'd do better elsewhere like at Richard Petty Motorsports or Penske.
McBlair
McBlair
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by CJ Racing March 24th 2016, 7:30 pm

No no no, if I wanted to go stacked I'd go Harvick, Johnson, Kyle Busch, and Joey Logano Razz. I went with the drivers that best fit together in a team IMO, plus Ryan Blaney cause he's going to be great!

As for Kasey, steady sponsorship is probably the reason, although with the rumor that Harvick doesn't want to drive FORD's it could be very interesting to see if that would force Hendrick's hand, cause we all know Harvick is way better than Kasey.
CJ Racing
CJ Racing
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr.YAMP March 24th 2016, 9:51 pm

what's up with
Drivers Name Here (Sponsor)
Mr.YAMP
Mr.YAMP

Back to top Go down

Post by McBlair March 24th 2016, 10:05 pm

Mr.YAMP wrote:what's up with
Drivers Name Here (Sponsor)
Just discussing who we would put on a NASCAR team and what sponsors we would have with them
McBlair
McBlair
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr.YAMP March 24th 2016, 10:42 pm

My dream team.

Ford

Ryan Blaney (SKF)
Very wise driver for his age. Has a good ear and really works well with his Spotter giving him the chance to go for top 10s. He's not very gutsy but knows what he is doing.

Chase Elliott (Napa)
Now while while Ryan is tame Chase is the exact opposite. He is going for the jugular every race. He wants to win which sometimes isn't the best thing, but it's something wanted in a driver. As a side note Chase Elliott wants to actually wants to be in a Ford, but not so bad that he isn't going to race for Hendrick till contract is up.

Bubba Wallace (UPS)
Now Bubba is here is for the same reason Danica is in cup, but he has great chemistry with Ryan Blaney and I could see it working out between them on the cup level working with each other helping each other towards wins.

Kurt Busch (Monster Energy)
Final is Kurt Busch. 2004 Nextal Cup Series champion with Roush Fenway in the #97 Sharpie Ford. Since he left Roush he has kinda team hopped going to Penske, Phoenix Racing, and Furniture Row. Now he is on Stewart Haas and is showing championship potential once again. He also would be the mentor to the other 3 drivers.

I've kinda stacked it where it's 3 youngs guns and one older driver which no team would ever do, but this is my Dream Team. Bubba is kinda replaceable, but I think he could pull off some stuff on the Cup level.

Last edited by Mr.YAMP on March 25th 2016, 11:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Mr.YAMP
Mr.YAMP

Back to top Go down

Post by CJ Racing March 24th 2016, 10:56 pm

Would go Erik Jones(and Daniel Suarez) over Bubba, but besides that, not too bad, especially getting Blaney and Elliott on the same team... Man that would be a potent combo in about 3 years!
CJ Racing
CJ Racing
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkVoid718 March 31st 2016, 9:41 pm

So the three Decker sisters are trying to make the Martinsville truck race. That'd be something if they all made the show!

DarkVoid718
Crew Chief
Crew Chief

https://www.youtube.com/user/DarkVoid718

Back to top Go down

Post by MrKyleCollins March 31st 2016, 11:26 pm

DarkVoid718 wrote:So the three Decker sisters are trying to make the Martinsville truck race. That'd be something if they all made the show!
I was about to mention that. It's cool to since they're all good looking.

Sucks they're all in some of the crappiest rides imaginable. I feel like Natalie is in the best spot to make the race as Claire is driving the #10 for JJCR and Paige is driving the #74 for MHR.
MrKyleCollins
MrKyleCollins
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkVoid718 April 2nd 2016, 9:39 pm

MrKyleCollins wrote:
DarkVoid718 wrote:So the three Decker sisters are trying to make the Martinsville truck race. That'd be something if they all made the show!
I was about to mention that. It's cool to since they're all good looking.

Sucks they're all in some of the crappiest rides imaginable. I feel like Natalie is in the best spot to make the race as Claire is driving the #10 for JJCR and Paige is driving the #74 for MHR.

Decent runs for both Paige and Claire! 25th and 27th. That now makes them the latest pair of sisters to run a NASCAR race since Amber and Angela Cope at Iowa in 2011 I believe.

DarkVoid718
Crew Chief
Crew Chief

https://www.youtube.com/user/DarkVoid718

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next